Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:35:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4472 times)
Superrbat

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:51:49 PM

Grin The power of believing, we believe the price will grow in the future, then we will hold it.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:14:54 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

It is up to you how will you overcome your fear but me i was also scared before in losing money in this thing we always lose money we need to remember before we will pursue this thing we need to know that we can always lose money any moment and we should not be afraid with that because we can always win back our money it is up to us how we gonna win that back we just need to have a lot of source of income and do not stick in only one source of income.
The fear will always come initially, most especially for new investors. It is normal as you cannot see your investment running down without being scared.

Nevertheless, the main reason why we keep telling everyone to invest what they can afford to lose is so that they can at least be strong enough to withstand all the volatility risk that comes with bitcoin and once they understand that the benefit is in the future and not now, and then they will learn to hold without fear.
sallydavisy

Activity: 107

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:32:38 PM

For long-term investment good way is create conditions in which you do not need to often follow the price.
kejot

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

"OPEN GAMING PLATFORM"

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:35:28 PM

Just calm down your emotion, put all of your trust on your coin that you hold on. think about long time investment that will bring more profit for you.

Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:44:49 PM

This could be the sure way of holding your coin for a long term!
> Budget a consistent amount of affordable cash every month. Make sure the cash you are investing is not eating to your money for living.
> Try not to trade if your objective is to hold for long term.
JTEN18

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:54:48 PM

> Budget a consistent amount of affordable cash every month. Make sure the cash you are investing is not eating to your money for living.
Aside from that what I am always thinking is setting my goal and focus on it, making sure that I can accomplish things especially my dreams not only for myself but also to my mom and my children, whenever I am thinking of them my fear of holding was disappearing.
Bobthethird

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:16:28 PM

Just use money in the crypto market which you can afford to lose. That let´s me sleep well at night.  Wink
energycom

Activity: 172

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:52:23 PM

Aside from that what I am always thinking is setting my goal and focus on it, making sure that I can accomplish things especially my dreams not only for myself but also to my mom and my children, whenever I am thinking of them my fear of holding was disappearing.

That's the only thing that can make us handle the difficulties of holding our coins. Concentration, moral effect and others. All needed to have a strong mental situation for holding.
mafostedu

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:09:48 PM

The best thing that you can do in order to do not feel fear or just not feel tempted to buy when the storm is coming, is just to have your funds on a paper wallet, by this way, everytime that you want to buy, it would be difficult.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:38:20 PM

Grin The power of believing, we believe the price will grow in the future, then we will hold it.
If you want to hold it, then I guess this the right time as price is low and it will go back again. Just forget about the market till new year ever and after you will have your gift in your wallet by the first of January in 2018. It is very much likely that the price will go around 25k USD and the demand will go high after the Christmas. Exploitation of this situation can be a gift for the new year, and after that you can start trading for some time.
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:43:39 PM

Just use money in the crypto market which you can afford to lose. That let´s me sleep well at night.  Wink
Always do this and you won't fear anymore, always use your spare money when dealing with cryptos, there's a lots of positive things that can happen it also there's risk behind it, so if you are just using spare money you won't worry to much and you can control your emotions as you are not really worried about your capital.

Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:58:19 PM

That's the only thing that can make us handle the difficulties of holding our coins. Concentration, moral effect and others. All needed to have a strong mental situation for holding.
You can only overcome the fear of holding if you continue to hold your bitcoins or any other coin for quite a long period of time. After that, you’ll get to know that there is nothing harmful in holding of bitcoin. All you need to do is to have patience and that’s it. This holding of bitcoin will automatically help you in having a huge amount of money without having so much work to do.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:32:18 AM

Invest only what you afford to lose. Once you invested it, expect it to be gone and don't think of it for a long time.
Finestream

Activity: 3052
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:56:39 AM

Invest only what you afford to lose. Once you invested it, expect it to be gone and don't think of it for a long time.
Sometimes it's hard to feel that way, most of us want to monitor our investment, like me I have a lot of altcoins investment and I put record of my asset in my blockfolio but I cannot control myself monitor the value also, sometimes I fear because the price sometimes dump but I also look at the bright side which is the future, I cannot resist but think of it because all my time is almost allocated with crypto, all I can say is just we have to believe on our coin.

malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:45:43 PM

You seeems like a panic seller who can't control their emotions while trading.
Well it depends on the cryptos which one you are trading, HODL is profitable only for bitcoin but not in case of altcoins because altcoins market is not that much reliable than the bitcoin.
I regularly check bitcoin's price because i am holding funds but I always believe that soon after every dip the price will rise again more rapidly. But in case of altcoins i always follow the strategy of minimizing loss because they are not much relaibale so  we can't wait for the perfect time to sell.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:54:18 PM

I agree but that's not enough to overcome the fear of holding especially for alternative coins and for long term investment in digital coins. The investors whom are fear because of holding the digital coins, it is mean they are gambling in the name of investment into the digital coins, basically they don't know anything about the digital coins to be held. The real investors they have learned about the digital coins before invested into them, they know about the coins ( developers, community and other aspects of fundamental the coins). If we want to overcome the fear of holding, makes sure we know everything about the coins.
Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:50:43 PM

Fear is about future; there is no certainty in anything, so you can only try to evaluate probabilities.
Make a choice and relax.

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
signaturecoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:57:20 PM

The only way to avoid the fear of just losing money is just try to put yourself on the same shoes that those who were holding bitcoins when the price was dropping from $1200 to $300 in a few days on 2013. Just try to be on their shoes, only of those who didn't sold at that moment, this really works for me.
vincentbeth934

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:20:30 PM

There is no fear if you are holding a coin you can trust. Fear in holding is only if you made the wrong decision and failed to cut your losses on-time.
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:13:01 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
You should have learn all of your mistakes because if you keep to continue like this you will lose a lot of money and it is too late for you to realize that soon. Why would you fear when you are just holding? If you are around on this forum you will likely to read every FUD and shills here but it doesn't matter just go on your instinct, believe it. It is only you can control your emotions and nothing else.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: