Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:33:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4472 times)
ivantrinitron

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:30:36 PM

I think there is no way to overcome it, all you need is to find a reasonable balance between and everything will be just fine. Wish you the best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:44:56 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
You should have learn all of your mistakes because if you keep to continue like this you will lose a lot of money and it is too late for you to realize that soon. Why would you fear when you are just holding? If you are around on this forum you will likely to read every FUD and shills here but it doesn't matter just go on your instinct, believe it. It is only you can control your emotions and nothing else.
That is a very lovely question, why fear when you are holding anyway ?
The thing is looking at the possibilities of huge dips and the possibilities of bitcoin reaching new heights, then we will know that the new heights are more likely to be reached than the dips most times.

We have had huge level of increase over the years with just few levels in percentage of decrease and only those who panicked are the ones who would have been at loss by now.
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:56:51 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
You should have learn all of your mistakes because if you keep to continue like this you will lose a lot of money and it is too late for you to realize that soon. Why would you fear when you are just holding? If you are around on this forum you will likely to read every FUD and shills here but it doesn't matter just go on your instinct, believe it. It is only you can control your emotions and nothing else.
That is a very lovely question, why fear when you are holding anyway ?
The thing is looking at the possibilities of huge dips and the possibilities of bitcoin reaching new heights, then we will know that the new heights are more likely to be reached than the dips most times.

We have had huge level of increase over the years with just few levels in percentage of decrease and only those who panicked are the ones who would have been at loss by now.
We have different scenario in life and not all are really not afraid of holding bitcoin, if they are afraid then let them cash out they could actually learn not to panic at the right time, it just take a full courage and confidence for us to be able to adapt our own strategy and to embrace holding.
kurt1212

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:07:29 PM

We must be careful of our actions and dont be a coward to hold a big money you must trsut your self in your doings but sometimes you must be careful.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:23:41 PM

it is quite natural if there is a fear in holding crypto that we invest for a long period of time because I think the movement of crypto value is very pluktuatif this thing that cause we will feel fear when holding crypto in the long term. there may be some things that crypto investors need to do when investing in crypto and one of them is of course to keep up with the news about the development of crypto from a reliable source. by doing that I think it will make us not too reckless in holding some crypto we have because still in the end we have to remain wary of our activity in crypto so that no loss happened.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
_Maksanter_1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:30:00 PM

I know one radical method - you have to abandon all the gadget that migh help you to find out the rates and just set the date when you will check it Smiley
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:34:33 PM

Basic. What you do make sure that you would not regret it later. Regret is for the weak. If you see such potential on a token/coin why would you sell? Hold it a little longer. Sellimg it and converting into fiat would make you happy because of the income but think of the ROI=Return of investment, can you earn with your fiat? If not then hold. ROI + PATIENCE = LAMBO.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:17:07 PM

This question is very broad because all of us have different views at things and different level of fears. Not all are risk-takers and honestly I am one of those fearful person and I fear selling rather than holding. Maybe because I am holding bitcoin. Bitcoin is far more powerful than any other coins that is why I was able to overcome my fear of holding. I believe that bitcoin has so much potential in it.

GREATLOVE

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:20:45 PM

This question is very broad because all of us have different views at things and different level of fears. Not all are risk-takers and honestly I am one of those fearful person and I fear selling rather than holding. Maybe because I am holding bitcoin. Bitcoin is far more powerful than any other coins that is why I was able to overcome my fear of holding. I believe that bitcoin has so much potential in it.
Yes because bitcoin is the most valuable coins where all of us has the kind of fear what your tallking for.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:29:49 PM

I think it can be overcome by strong faith on your coins or experience. If you really believe in the coins that you hold then you will not sell it or if you've been through its ups and downs then you can assess that it's a strong coin because it still manage to grow.
Strong faith and understanding the risk of the world itself should be able to help anyone to make the right decisions and not get panicked or chicken out when holding. If you believe that the coin you hold will thrive and know that the devs will always work hard to make holding the coin worthwhile. It is the long wait that counts and that is where and when you will get the best from any good coin you are holding.

Calming down is very necessary. Most times, the best is to just stop listening to FUDs and closing one's eye from it. The handwritings are already all over the walls and you only have to be strong and believe that at the end you are going to get the best from bitcoin's value without having much to worry about.

FUDs have been spread right from the onset as bitcoin started growing, so the best is to relax, see how you can get the best of the future.
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:45:39 AM

I think you are not afraid of holding but you are not ready to lose your money, so to overcome it is You must be ready to lose your money !
If you are ready for it then you will not be afraid to holding
[/quot

if afraid of holding then just sell btc and take out Your first money You put in crypto and later just play with profit money...I do that way 3 years ago and no more afraid from losing money.. Wink
to become a success trader you need to become a risk taker so if you are a good risk taker then it means you are a good trader and if you are not a good risk taker then you will never become a good trader because you will never try your knowledge anywhere and if you are risk taker then you will be confident on your work and you will never fear from loss.
guxu219

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:51:51 AM

It's just that everyone realistically understands that there are always people like you, you will sell your savings, in the hope of minimizing losses, they will buy you cheaper at a price, and then wait for a raise, and after such recessions, the volatility and all, the whole secret success.
Trading is the second name of risk if you are a best player in risk taking then it means you are an excellent trader because when you are confident on your work then you will get success in your work because confident is must for every work you are doing.
jayhawk1

Activity: 352

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:38:13 AM

I think one way to overcome the fear of holding is to not look at your holdings all the time and just set yourself a limit on when you check your holdings within a week or within the day. And remember always that it is all in your mind, you can control yourself but you just have to set yourself also some limitation.
Yeaaa that's really true , when you look at your investment and it get dropped.
You will have a desire to sell it immediately because of the panic attack , don't do that i suggest about that too.
Just set a goal and stick on it , believe me holding with full of patience won't let you down.
Just imagine that in 2018 the price of bitcoin or any other currency you hold will increase more and I will earn a lot of money and especially in bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is increasing day by day and it is expected that in 2018 it will hit 30000 dollars which is a huge amount for one bitcoin.

When you just think about earning money will hold your coins for good times to come, and you will hold your coins without any fear of losing.
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:44:28 AM

I think one way to overcome the fear of holding is to not look at your holdings all the time and just set yourself a limit on when you check your holdings within a week or within the day. And remember always that it is all in your mind, you can control yourself but you just have to set yourself also some limitation.
Yeaaa that's really true , when you look at your investment and it get dropped.
You will have a desire to sell it immediately because of the panic attack , don't do that i suggest about that too.
Just set a goal and stick on it , believe me holding with full of patience won't let you down.
Just imagine that in 2018 the price of bitcoin or any other currency you hold will increase more and I will earn a lot of money and especially in bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is increasing day by day and it is expected that in 2018 it will hit 30000 dollars which is a huge amount for one bitcoin.

When you just think about earning money will hold your coins for good times to come, and you will hold your coins without any fear of losing.
There is no going down anymore, there are some price changes for sometime but definitely the price will increase.
In 2018 that is another year and that good year will bring more success again on bitcoin and maybe also for some altcoins, so what we have to do is just to hold.

lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:04:31 AM

For me its easier to hold if your willing to save money. Because if you think the logic of holding . You dont need to do anything you'll just need to keep it to your wallet and wait until the exchange go up. So when the time you need you money, you can exchange it to the higher amount. Just always keep your faith in bitcoin, just believe that it will continue to improve and be better for the future.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:38:43 AM

The feeling fear of holding the digital coins because we don't research about the digital coins before invested into them, we don't learning anything about the them, i suggest to learning about the digital coins analysis fundamental of digital coins before hold for long term investment,
Not learning anything about what you are holding is a very bad thing in the first place as that would not give you all the confidence you need to keep you going while holding the coin.

Once you know you are in a good project, there are good devs doing great job and you know no matter how long it takes, it will always be worth holding. I have held most of the coins and even after months or year; they will just have a huge boost anyhow.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:35:02 AM

Well we have the same situation before I also sell my tokens earlier for emergency purposes. But with what is happen before that if I hold my tokens then I am millionaire now but I am afraid to hold it that's why I sell it earlier. To overcome this I have the positive mindset that the tokens I hold is my key to gained more profit.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:39:39 AM

I think it is pretty simple to overcome said fear if there us any fear at all in holding your coin. Knowldge chase away fears so saying goes. The more you know about the coin you are invested in the more certain you will be about the coinan it's future
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:32:18 AM

I think the best thing that we can do to prevent our fear in trading is close the browser after we buy and don't turn on our computer for a few days or weeks and we should do another thing to not focus or remember on what coin we bought. then after a few days, we can come back and turn on our computer to see is there any good news from our coin or not and if it is no good news, then we need to turn off again our computer and come back in other days. at least this is work for me when I am afraid of what will happen with one or more coin I bought because I cannot collect much info about the coin.
Am afraid turning off ones trading platform or computer wouldn't do so much more than raising one's adrenaline, because to contain the restlessness that's sure to follow, is but another heavier burden. I think a more soothing approach to go about buy and hold, would be to first and foremost separate one's living expenses from whatever is to be invested. Doing otherwise can actually be an open invitation to FUD and all the nerve raking that goes with it. More importantly, equipping oneself with the history and latest development in the market of interest as well as goings-on in the entire ecosystem, is a must, to not be found wanting when adjustments become necessary, especially when one does not already have a deep pocket.
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:52:44 AM

Well it is better to earn a little than to gain nothing. If you would accumulate all your earnings from your short term investments then you would be surprised to see that the difference between this and taht of long term investments would not be that great. But if you do decide to go long term then it would be of great help if you think positive about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: