Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:10:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4474 times)
Dobrodav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:49:15 PM

dont check price everytick. that is my exp. You need to forget about it about your money and wait till news tell about your coin

John Wick

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:54:33 PM

Grin The power of believing, we believe the price will grow in the future, then we will hold it.
Such a nice and practical suggestion you have given! Indeed whatever you believe gives you reasons to withstand crisis and easily get through them. Same is the case with this fear, you simply need to tell your mind that these dumps are temporary and you are on the right path.

Your coin is going to further increase in value and you just need to be patient with it. Just try to stay positive for positive results.

You can simply investigate the portfolios of your friends. Some of them probably made crazy returns and you can see their roadmap, how they could hold all of them without selling etc. This will help you be motivated.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:54:00 PM

If you really believe in the project there is nothing that comes between your motivation and selling your good coins, there are some real solid projects that you need to hold on to, one of my very big bags is VEN/VET, it is one of the best if not the best project out there, huge partnerships and many usecases, I am convinced it will reach at least a 3 bil marketcap in the coming months, one of the better ICOs and projects yet to come is Daneel.io, I love the idea behind it and I think it will be a huge benefit in cryptoworld.
Yes, your belief in a project is what would make you to be rest assured that you are making the right decisions and also give you the assurance that you are not going to be losing anything while holding the coin for a long term.

Some of the coins in the next few years would not be the same thing as they are today which is something to have a rest of mind, that looking back, every good coin, always end up getting huge.

Some times back, I used to experience huge fear of holding, but with experience, when I understood that there is really no point being scared as the coins will still get pumped and rise back up, then I see it as a way to encourage myself whenever anything is happening to any of the coin I am holding and over time, I got used to that fact that whatever goes down, will still come back up. I am holding for now and I have no plan to sell soon anyway.
pisston

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:40:03 PM

If you really believe in the project there is nothing that comes between your motivation and selling your good coins, there are some real solid projects that you need to hold on to, one of my very big bags is VEN/VET, it is one of the best if not the best project out there, huge partnerships and many usecases, I am convinced it will reach at least a 3 bil marketcap in the coming months, one of the better ICOs and projects yet to come is Daneel.io, I love the idea behind it and I think it will be a huge benefit in cryptoworld.
Yes, your belief in a project is what would make you to be rest assured that you are making the right decisions and also give you the assurance that you are not going to be losing anything while holding the coin for a long term.

Some of the coins in the next few years would not be the same thing as they are today which is something to have a rest of mind, that looking back, every good coin, always end up getting huge.

Some times back, I used to experience huge fear of holding, but with experience, when I understood that there is really no point being scared as the coins will still get pumped and rise back up, then I see it as a way to encourage myself whenever anything is happening to any of the coin I am holding and over time, I got used to that fact that whatever goes down, will still come back up. I am holding for now and I have no plan to sell soon anyway.
the fact that in the trade always so, then there is a growth of the sharp drop and never will be ready to respond to the abrupt changes in the course of the alleged product. but Nevertheless, there are certain are times when such as coins for as low go up what statistics it turns out it is now. it is worth only look at the real situation in stock Exchange.
rejin29x

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:23:37 AM

For me, one of the key to overcome the fear is by enhancing your self confidence. Beacuse, only yourself is your enemy in terms of fear. By having a self-confidence, you can overcome your fear of holding because you are the one who will decide if you will trade it now or later. Another is accepting the fact, because if you trade it lower than it gets higher in the future, you will only need to accept the fact that you didnt take that opportunity.
posesion19

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:45:44 AM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
Don't be afraid,always think positively about the coins we hold and stop to read any news related
just believe if the coins you hold will grow in the future
Jombitt

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:50:56 AM

We have to always stay calm and have more patience in trading. Not all the time it will be in green, some trades will be in red mark. As long as you make the analysis in the coin you are holding,  there will be a time for bounce back when it dumps.

ChrisSand

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:54:33 AM

Staying calm and being patient is a good attitude to overcome fear especially in trading. Being able to see good in bad thing are always nice to do, example if the price had dipped big. It is better to think positive than negative thoughts.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:55:28 AM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
For some time now I have learned that this market is so volatile that I do not think it worthwhile to fall in love with the idea of "holding", because I believe that we should be practical and secure the benefits before thinking about becoming rich, as something that characterizes to this market is the high volatility and uncertainty, so from a conservative point of view, nothing guarantees that within a year any currency will increase its value x100.
kamote291993

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:14:14 AM

Just chill. You should never panic and be positive always. As long as you know the coin you bought has the potential to boom in the future. It's no problem. Just patient, you must do other things so that you can't panic when it dumps.
kateryana81

Activity: 423

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:36:19 AM

Grin The power of believing, we believe the price will grow in the future, then we will hold it.
Such a nice and practical suggestion you have given! Indeed whatever you believe gives you reasons to withstand crisis and easily get through them. Same is the case with this fear, you simply need to tell your mind that these dumps are temporary and you are on the right path.

Your coin is going to further increase in value and you just need to be patient with it. Just try to stay positive for positive results.
If you are having a quality of being patient all the time especially at the time when things are not going in a way you really want them to happen, then there is nothing you need to fear about in the world of holding. Holding is the best thing to do and it can really help you in having a very good amount of money but for that you should have a very good control over your emotions. Otherwise, there is no other possible way out.
AliCris

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:46:07 AM

Human psychology can not be changed. There will always be a fear of losing everything and making more money. There are services where you can track several of your coins at once, but unfortunately everything can not be tracked. It remains to follow practically each of the oddities and expect good news from her.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:47:17 AM

Just chill. You should never panic and be positive always. As long as you know the coin you bought has the potential to boom in the future. It's no problem. Just patient, you must do other things so that you can't panic when it dumps.

panic is our biggest problem that we should avoid because once we become panic then we cannot think what next that we should do. as long as we can control panic and stay calm, no matter how much the price is down, we can make a good decision without fear of anything. if we decide to hold a coin for a long time, I think we need to learn how to manage our emotion and how to control our self when the situations are not good for us to continue trade.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Blondy12

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:57:27 AM

Well holding is just like saving maybe yo overcome fear of holding is quite different from investing saving is really nothing to be fear about because it has a big possibility that we  can earn through holding specially in bitcoin .maybe people who fear in holding had doesnt much experience on crypto curency and  maybe they dont have enoughf experience on it .
Yes definitely right. Holding is like saving your money on a bank the difference is the price of cryto-currencies is not stable while your money in the is fixed and got a little bit percent of interest in a month but in crypto-currency if you have patience your holdings will become double or multipleof what you have invested.
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:23:59 AM

Once I reach 50% profit, I will sell part of my holdings to cover my initial investment. That way, I essentially have free coins/ tokens. Those, I hold whether or not the price goes up or down.

Racekid

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:34:05 AM

I guess if you would be HODL for a long time, you've to quit checking your portfolio regularly. Checking it regularly may give you panic attack or the feeling of selling of because of a dip. You only check occasionally, not often
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:38:41 AM

Best tip yet is to avoid monitoring your coins’ market value; it will just make you paranoid. What I do is I usually try to forget about for a while like a whole month or so. When trading, make sure that you have other means of making money, like a job or a business so you won’t be itching to sell early. One time, I had to wait for 7 months which in the end gave me multiplied my investment 5X.
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 09:59:16 AM

If you overcome your holding it is very easy , you have to wait for a long time if you wait for a long time you must overcome your holding, Now your change how many time you can wait because most of the people don't do that so now your turn if you overcome your holding.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:20:33 PM

Can go to a trading platform, can use the dollar to buy any currency you want, of course is to charge a fee, the freedom to buy and sell all kinds of currency trading platform, also can put your wallet local currency trading platform, to extract from trading platform, deposit the money to your local wallet, but all have poundage!
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:23:36 PM

There always choices, as you consistent to your own choice. If you want to play you need to have opit target as how much % from capital financial. But if you hold it, draw it when you really need it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: