Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:09:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4472 times)
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:16:00 PM

This fear is same as many other ones. If you can look at the problem anything can be solved in no time.
If you look on this from some other angle you will see that even when we go to doctor to explain our fear we need to know what we are afraid and how to deal with it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
longminh123

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:44:44 PM

It is best not to look at prices when you are determined to keep for a long time. You should relax always think it does not exist because the more you care about, your fear will increase and impatient.
Yzhel

Activity: 325

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:14:49 PM

It is best not to look at prices when you are determined to keep for a long time. You should relax always think it does not exist because the more you care about, your fear will increase and impatient.
The fear of holding really makes our life suffer and is breaking our heart always if we do not take the risk in making our money profitable then it is our choice, just be reminded always that we are creating our own life so whatever we choose, we suffer or we will be succeeded.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:40:08 PM

Praticing everyday for few months you will pass the fear feeling. the fluctiation is a normal thing of the market. That will help you get money if you have skill.
over time, you will even be less bothered about the coin you got because it would have risen so much in price that anything that would get it back down to the value you bought it would not even be something that would likely be possible to happen.

Fluctuation is normal and the way the crypto market is, it is more like being in a stock market, some will do well, some will not but at the end of the day, you will get a huge benefit from them in the long run.
I had a fear of keeping Bitcoin when the price was still 6000 dollars for one Bitcoin. But when Bitcoin reached $ 20,000, I was both happy and surprised. I did not regret that you kept me in your wallet. But for today, after the next collapse I again start to worry, and whether it is necessary to me to buy and again to store. I think that Bitcoin will return to 20,000 dollars and my act will be correct.
As long as you are not trading and you do not have any idea how to follow trend or trade effectively, then you really do not have anything to worry about no matter what you hear. You will over time get used to the fact that people will say whatever they want to say, bitcoin will correct which is healthy and all you just have to do is to know that the last stop is actually now a strong support which gives you a guarantee that it would take something huge to ever break that again and before you know it, you are back testing new ATHs again.
Shutup

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:56:41 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

You have to trust on your feelings that about you hold it has the potential to grow. Because it's like a gambling if you don't bet you will not win. You have to be brave in trading,, you will not succeed unless you try. As they say try and try until you get succeed. Thats a part of business to look for where you are effective. So that you will get your goal. You have to patiently wait for your turn to be a millionaire.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:03:50 PM

Well holding is just like saving maybe yo overcome fear of holding is quite different from investing saving is really nothing to be fear about because it has a big possibility that we  can earn through holding specially in bitcoin .maybe people who fear in holding had doesnt much experience on crypto curency and  maybe they dont have enoughf experience on it .
Exactly why we fear on holding, we are not taking too much risk on holding because as what you have said it's like saving our money and the more you hold the more chances we will get rich but still if you really in need it's your choice to spend it but spend wisely for we all know the more we hold the more itbecome profitable.
donte872

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:53:46 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

My first month in trading was same as how you describe it, My investments comes from the savings of me and my wife. At first Im really scared when the price of the coins goes down to the point where I sell it to minimize my lose, just like you did. I was afraid our hard earn saving will be gone like a bubble, but as the day past by, i did learn from my mistake and come to point where my total balance reach about  150% of our initial investment. So i withdraw our initial investment and the only remaining balance was left was the 50%. It was only half amount from the initial investment, but the good thing is, i DONT FEEL FEAR ANYMORE either the price of the coins go down and just wait for it to high up again (just make sure youre doing research in youre chosen coin), because the investment that im using now does now hold its sentimental value anymore. FEAR in trading is really a great barrier and greatly affect youre performance. Now my total balance is about 400% in our initial investment.
If you truly analyze and study coin that you invest seriously, it is worth it to lose some value for some time because you are not only investing but also wanting to companion. same project during its existence and development. I think that's what you should aim for.
Rajatruck

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:58:30 PM

you just have to get off the charts, stop looking at them every 5 minutes and trust
joshuamutualgoldfund

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:06:16 PM

Hi, They cover themselves with defensive puts on the Chicago Board of Trade. 10% covers your investment in case of a collapse.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:19:03 PM

My first month in trading was same as how you describe it, My investments comes from the savings of me and my wife. At first Im really scared when the price of the coins goes down to the point where I sell it to minimize my lose, just like you did. I was afraid our hard earn saving will be gone like a bubble, but as the day past by, i did learn from my mistake and come to point where my total balance reach about  150% of our initial investment. So i withdraw our initial investment and the only remaining balance was left was the 50%. It was only half amount from the initial investment, but the good thing is, i DONT FEEL FEAR ANYMORE either the price of the coins go down and just wait for it to high up again (just make sure youre doing research in youre chosen coin), because the investment that im using now does now hold its sentimental value anymore. FEAR in trading is really a great barrier and greatly affect youre performance. Now my total balance is about 400% in our initial investment.
If you truly analyze and study coin that you invest seriously, it is worth it to lose some value for some time because you are not only investing but also wanting to companion. same project during its existence and development. I think that's what you should aim for.
I agree with you mate, that should we aim for, so that we have full of confidence if when to decide sell our coin or trade it. Believe in coin that we our currently hold is also important that we take a risk holding it for a long-term because we already knew about this coin that has more potential to rise.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:22:12 PM

Well, I would suggest just to forget about the holdings and go on with life as if you would not own your holdings. Checking prices every day while you are holding your positions anyways makes no sense, this is just emotional trouble and therefore I wouldnt do it if I wasnt able to control my emotions. Another thing is patience, its something that can be trained, and in this space its a really valuable attribute, so you should try to train your patience to stay on top of your games. This can be achieved by always remembering why you have invested in the first place and remembering your targets whenever your emotions are trying to interfere your plans of holding.
furry04

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:30:00 PM

personally I divide my portfolio into 3-4 parts and decide which part is for my long term investment and which for daily trading and by doing this I overcome the fear of holding.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 12:23:37 AM

To be sure you don't sell off very early on just back up your wallet keys safely avoid monitoring how your currencies are performing.In fact just turn a blind eye to your portfolios and only come back probably once or twice a month to check on them if that is possible and im sure you will be fine.For me i have seen how crazy the cryptospace can be and so i don't really bother how my portfolios perform as i always know price recovery will occur.

Blockfolioz

Activity: 230

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 12:43:30 AM

personally I divide my portfolio into 3-4 parts and decide which part is for my long term investment and which for daily trading and by doing this I overcome the fear of holding.
This seems to be good to have a separate amount for each and every form of holding and for the trading needs. This will get user an ability to earn even when there is lacking in the growth of specific assets. Another thing is that it gives a sustained earning, as well a profit for a future.
rockyboy

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:54:25 AM

This seems to be good to have a separate amount for each and every form of holding and for the trading needs. This will get user an ability to earn even when there is lacking in the growth of specific assets. Another thing is that it gives a sustained earning, as well a profit for a future.

This is nice.  Your division  of investment  is really  great.  Your a nice one.  I admire you for that.  I also want to do the same way because of that technique your investment  becomes more safe and with a very low risk of lossing big.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
yukinohana.htn

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:05:51 AM

Put an expect high price and shutdown your screen
matico

Activity: 504

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:12:02 AM

Try to see the reward of holding. Visualize it and create the condition and the environment yiu will be in when you get rewarded for holding your coin. Once you are able to see the result of holding and significant it will be to your finances and enefit you and people around you, You will able to convince yourself that you are doing the right thing!

Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:21:31 AM

If you want to earn some money over money invested then the factor of risk is involved with this the fear can't be finished but it can be controlled to some extent like if we buy only one currency then the risk of loss will be high and if the factor of loss high the person feel fear in the market and if you buy more than one if fall comes in one then you may receive some advantage in the second so the fear of holding can be minimized.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
ViktorTroshka

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:33:24 AM

In order not to feel fear for investment, you must initially buy reliable coins. First we need to study them very carefully to understand if the coin has prospects for growth. Then it remains only to wait and not pay attention to temporary falls. One way or another there will be growth and no reason for panic.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:09:58 AM

well I also want to share a little story here, I also have the same experience with you when I sell it quickly, 2 months later the price is very high, of course I am very annoyed, in my heart said why I can be so stupid, but do not need in regret that already happened will not be in the reset.
better prepare myself for the next wave, now I have had some coins that I will hold for quite a long time.
advice from me if you find it hard not to see it every day, try to do something else like playing games, vacation, or lain.karena if you see it when the price up or down you will think to sell it for profit or avoid loss. that's advice from me hopefully help. Smiley Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: