Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:13:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4476 times)
therulemaster

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:57:18 AM

When you invest your money into something, you have to be ready that you can lose it in the future, being scare to lose it only make your decisions becoming worst ( cause you're afraid of the loss and do not have balls to do anything ).
shan05

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:01:14 AM

In my case i am a holder because i want to see my coin bigger and bigger because i believe that if you are a holder there's a big chance to get a higher value of btc. to overcome the fear of a holder you need to accept the fact that sometimes we failed in life but no matter what happen just continue to rich your goals.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:41:44 AM

I can somewhat relate to this situation. I had some few good holdings right now, and yes they are going down. However, I am not worried because I know they will go up, up and up within this year.

I'm sticking to them because their project concept and roadmap is very clear to me, and I envisioned that it'll be huge and won't regret holding them despite the crash.

I usually have some mixed emotions during the crash, but I'm good with that. I just diversify my income streams, still earning with fiat currency lol. Cheesy

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:04:36 AM

When you invest your money into something, you have to be ready that you can lose it in the future, being scare to lose it only make your decisions becoming worst ( cause you're afraid of the loss and do not have balls to do anything ).
I agree to that once we say that investment it has a risk to lose it or to gain profits. Its like a real business just be it like gold, silver etc. This metals or minerals has been very useful and expect it to rise its price as we go. Think on it in some projects of a crypto in relation with its functional values that will integrate a great demand of use in digital currency.

The end its only my example and this enters overcoming the fear of holding because you already have a good vision and trust with its system in crypto. You can hold it in the future without worrying.
otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:12:05 AM

Honestly, it take a lots of practise and mastering yourself, your impulses and most of all been self disciplined and been resolute. All this  attributes will not jump on you but by planning to do them is the only way to master them.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:00:57 PM

Look at this like on gambling addiction, ok maybe its good to compare them but honestly nobody is perfect and nothing is perfect. So little more self control and less worrying and everything will be fine. Every fear is something that need to be confronted so it can be solved this is the same only control yourself and you will be fine.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:11:32 PM

I have that problem too. Primally i cash out because i want to buy some things in real life, ussually not things that i strictly need. Because they are virtual money i dont see the value as much as i see the value for the money that i work for. I`ve sold coins that got 100x after a year, i even sold ethereum for 30 $ Smiley) . But that is the game and i dont regret that much because finally all the money are for improving the quality of life. This year i want to buy a car with crypto and i intend to hold my portofolio till june even if i could buy one with what i have right now.
So my phylosophy is to set youreself some goals and cash out when you reach them because money are for beying spent.

crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:03:24 PM

I have that problem too. Primally i cash out because i want to buy some things in real life, ussually not things that i strictly need. Because they are virtual money i dont see the value as much as i see the value for the money that i work for. I`ve sold coins that got 100x after a year, i even sold ethereum for 30 $ Smiley) . But that is the game and i dont regret that much because finally all the money are for improving the quality of life. This year i want to buy a car with crypto and i intend to hold my portofolio till june even if i could buy one with what i have right now.
So my phylosophy is to set youreself some goals and cash out when you reach them because money are for beying spent.
Well, for me it doesn't matter since it is not too late to invest a new one, we can still earn if we will invest again, we still have ample to do that, besides we don't know the next thing to happen what if we hold for a bit waiting for a market rise and that time we really need money and the  price continue to fall, then the tendency would be regretting ourselves for not withdrawing our money without any knowledge when it will fall or rise.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:14:17 PM

Holding is type of trading and if want to do holding trading and you have fear of holding then you need to judge previous history of what you are holding like bitcoin if the performance is increasing day by day then you don't need to fear such things for holding and this is the way that you can overcome fear of holding.
Just always look and imagine your future if you are having a fear in  holding or investing in bitcoin, imagine what life you want to be? and if do you think that life you want to be can achieve with your just current job? of your job is not enough? if so, then don't ever make any hesitations, invest while you still have time.
Since all of my earnings in bitcoin and alts are from bounty campaign,  I really dont fear on holding them because its an investment that I can afford to lose. The returns will be more higher if you just hold it but all of us should keep mind that making a target from your investment to your desire profit will be the best to harvest it.

ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:29:27 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
so  im almost doing the same on what you did but ghe difference only is i have funds for long term on my coins and i have funds for day trading  in that way im able to earn few by day trading and if the coin collapse  my day trade earnings can offset my loss for my long term. but every one has it owns strategy just find one that fits for your personality

Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:01:52 PM

Being a trader is hard to explain the feeling we encounter everytime its price value of coins  that we hold on is going down.Sometimes you always have a fear in a coin you are holding of the price would go down immediately.We need to overcome our fear  when holding a coin to avoid panic when its crashed.
I don’t really think so that there is anything to be worried about once you are holding some bitcoins in your wallet. It is because of the reason that the market value of bitcoin is going up and our which actually means that you are going to have bigger profit in coming days of your life if you kept holding your coins. You need to release the importance of holding and you should not be afraid of anything.
Webberson

Activity: 602
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:39:43 PM

Holding, requires you to buy a substantial amount of coin - possibly at its lowest price and then leaving it to yield a reasonable profit. Fear comes in when emotions tend to set-in and emotions sets-in when you invest virtually all your savings in expectancy of getting huge returns.
The best way to overcome fear of holding, is to invest the money you know you can path with, such that when it happens, you won't really has cause to worry.

chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:11:26 PM

Holding, requires you to buy a substantial amount of coin - possibly at its lowest price and then leaving it to yield a reasonable profit. Fear comes in when emotions tend to set-in and emotions sets-in when you invest virtually all your savings in expectancy of getting huge returns.
The best way to overcome fear of holding, is to invest the money you know you can path with, such that when it happens, you won't really has cause to worry.
I agree on that i think we should really set our emotion to make it pair and we should considered anytime that we maybe loss or gain and there is no assurance at all so that we  cant think so much of our investment  i think the best way to overcome our fear is to put it in to our mind that holding is just like a gambling we can really win or loss so that we  can help our self slowly understand that everytbing may happen on this type of gaining and we should be aware of that.
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:11:39 PM

To argue that you have not earned after a while is the easiest. Since the event has already occurred and you see the result. In trading, the main thing is that you earned, not lost. Therefore, never regret that you have not received a profit. All the money you will not earn. I also have many such deals. But when after a month you can say that you do not have any minus deal, I think that you will be satisfied with yourself.
Birin016

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:30:41 PM

If you want to be holder, then you must be patient, because we don't sell coin when price going up just little . Example: we buy eth in 1000$ then 2 months price going up to 1300$ . We must wait untill Price going dump and then sell it ( price can going up to 1500$ )
Syakir1989

Activity: 172
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:47:54 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
Do not be sorry, if you sell for a small price of course that is the sustenance you get from trading, do not regret the things that have happened but make it an experience that will never happen again, but I think your actions are not wrong, because you keep your money from loss, if your heart says that your trade will be lost, then the best way is to sell it. I think you just need to increase your patience and be prepared to take risks if you suffer losses, because the people who withhold their trade are the ones who can be patient from the desire to sell, and fight the fear of losing.
Kigwa143

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:58:06 PM

When we talk about earnings we really felt fear specially when the value goes up and down but if you really want to achieve success you will overcome your fear.Trading takes a long time so because the value of alts is also volatile so you need to be patient.Either earn or loss never give up.
OPEXDECAPEX

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:49:36 AM

I think the best advice i have seen is just lock up the BTC and don't check the news and the charts and invest with what you are comfortable with. I have fallen into the trap of viewing the price too often, and when its goes up,  I tend to buy even more.  And later sell when the market is tanking.  Nowadays,  I just pretty much dont care about it.
coinscircle

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:55:00 AM

I think to be able to overcome the fear you need to cultivate the spirit, collect experience from the experience of the people ahead. And one important thing is that you have to be informed about reliable sources. Then you know how the market fluctuates and calm before all situations. You will know what you need to do next to avoid losing track of the crowd being sucked into the FOMO effect.
nani

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:22:56 AM

For me as long as I have not found the right price, I always hold my coins, though I have to wait for several months I will be patient. Because I know that to find a suitable price is not easy and requires a struggle, patience, and not easily panic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: