Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:34:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4476 times)
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:20:46 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

We can't overcome the fear of holding, the better we need to do is to be strong no matter what happen, don't let our emotion to lead our decision and just trust/believe to the coins you hold.
Fear brought a lack of knowledge so be positive and don't focus on your negative thoughts.
We can overcome it everything is a state of mind. Our mind is the powerful thing in this world if you believe on me. You're right with lack of knowledge is the sign that builds up the fear and if you let the fear defeat your emotions you will be more loss in trade.
I simply have to disagree with what you have said. I am a long time holder of Bitcoin and I don't experience fear even if it is going down. As long as your trading plan is intact you can maintain composure with what you are holding. Even if you haven't sold Bitcoin when it is going down you don't have to panic or experience fear as if your really believe Bitcoin is holding a bigger value in the future then you must know that short term drops we are experiencing are really nothing to be afraid of.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:21:58 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

We can't overcome the fear of holding, the better we need to do is to be strong no matter what happen, don't let our emotion to lead our decision and just trust/believe to the coins you hold.
Fear brought a lack of knowledge so be positive and don't focus on your negative thoughts.
I totally agree. fear of holding for me is normal because that is already happened to me and continue happening even now. I want to hold even if how bitcoin price are getting low right now. I don't know why. I just still waiting for the right time to sell my bitcoin.
Nyeyzel

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:24:04 PM

For me to be able to overcome the fear of holding is keep knowledgeable about it keep reading trend that may help you, news about it bad news and good news. Remember when you put your money in bitcoin, you already know that you may lose that amount or win it. Don’t do panic selling you may lose your profit and the money you invest. If you want to have, a huge profit try to hold and don’t react impulsively. Hope for further increase in the market price.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:48:09 AM

If you are an investor, you should overcome the fear of holding, before you enter the world of the cryptocurrency you know that investing here is so risky. The risky we need to face is because of price fluctuation; we don’t know when the value goes ups and downs. Always be patient, don’t think negative, if see falling believe it that is the right time to buy more bitcoin or altcoin. Hold until as you can.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:18:02 AM

Fear has two meaning in the world of cryptocurrency. The first meaning Forget Everything your investment and Run(sell). If you do this, you are losing you can’t handle the investment accurately all over your life. The second Is Face Everything’s circumstance and Rise it the trading you most always strong and knowledgeable in order to accomplish your goal. The choice is still on your hand.
Alex Storm

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:48:30 AM

You just have to try to imagine your profits from hold in a long term. It will help you not to sell all your coins. Can you buy a house using your current investment portfolio price?
JRoa

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:54:32 AM

It requires a lot of patience for you to overcome your fear of holding. Thinking positive can also help you for you to hold all of your coins. You should become aware that holding can help you to earn more money.

XFlowZion

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:13:13 AM

It takes a lot of discipline and don't rely to your emotion and only trust your mind. It should be mind over matter.
 Experienced traders look at the long run and not the current FUDs.
eloymjb

Activity: 247

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:34:25 AM

to overcome the fear of holding, in my own and base my experience is first you need to have a very long capital and last is to focus on believe of what coins that you choose, always trust those coins because those people who have a disciplene is the person who can up more.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM TWITTER INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:54:57 PM

At some point of my trading career I have also experience your dilemma. Seeing your coins increasing more than 100% is really frustrating. But thanks to my coach he thought me to set-up another account dedicated for long term investment while maintaining the trading account.

Putting two accounts will give you flexibility against the volatility of the market. You can hold your one account as long as you want while the other account can be trade as much as you do. These are perfect strategy for your problem.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
Edsemen

Activity: 413

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:08:47 PM

Well to overcome the fear of holding, in my aspect just leave it to your hand and just set free of what you want to do. Just think that we can't be able to achieve if there's no trial in behalf of all. So it would rather to take the risk in holding to know the result done scape for without any outcome.
Huge success must interfere your fear just go with it even though we don't know for the result, will just see it after.

Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:04:14 PM

You need to study well the coin in which you are going to invest your money. Then buy a coin at the bottom and wait. You must believe in a coin and strictly adhere to your strategy.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:48:25 PM

Well to overcome the fear of holding, in my aspect just leave it to your hand and just set free of what you want to do. Just think that we can't be able to achieve if there's no trial in behalf of all. So it would rather to take the risk in holding to know the result done scape for without any outcome.
Huge success must interfere your fear just go with it even though we don't know for the result, will just see it after.

we should not leave it to our own hands rather we only leave it in the online exchange or bitcoin wallet in order to overcome our fears. you should free your money and try not to think of it for a longer time. in that practice, you will be able to clear your mind from thougts and doubts that may seem bad or can cause you fear. you should notice soon that you already overcome your fear of holding , not just fear of holding but also the fear of risking your money on crypto investments.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:59:21 PM

The reason why you are afraid to hold your bitcoins is because you do not know what is the benefits that you can get by holding it. You should become aware that you can double or even triple your investment if you will do long term investment with bitcoins.

myworkstrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:14:32 PM

how to overcome fear? accept your losses, and move on. Yes its hard and difficult to move on and accept all of it, fear is there but  you will gain some learnings that you would never forget and in time, you may used this experience to overcome some problem in the future. So focus, reassess your trades and purge as possible. Also its hard to back on the game when you feel that you loss a particular trades that really mess up you on that one. So stay patience be calm and don't let emotions screwed up your decisions.  Reason why you still holding is the believe, and trust with that coin, but keep in your mind the risk factors about this and the reality matters so be prepare for any troubles in the futures. Good luck

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD

Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:41:59 PM

how to overcome fear? accept your losses, and move on. Yes its hard and difficult to move on and accept all of it, fear is there but  you will gain some learnings that you would never forget and in time, you may used this experience to overcome some problem in the future. So focus, reassess your trades and purge as possible. Also its hard to back on the game when you feel that you loss a particular trades that really mess up you on that one. So stay patience be calm and don't let emotions screwed up your decisions.  Reason why you still holding is the believe, and trust with that coin, but keep in your mind the risk factors about this and the reality matters so be prepare for any troubles in the futures. Good luck
Yes I agree on that, in my part I really overcome fear by thinking of there is no harm on trying. If we let the opportunity go we will never know what would be the outcome on it. I believe that we can really control our emotion by means of thinking such positive things, and if we take a look the crypto currency it is really full of positive thoughts, by then I think we don't have to be afraid on what would really be the outcome of it, because if we trust crypto then we should try. Because if we don't try maybe we cannot really feel the changes and we maybe remain on what we are without any self improvement by means of experience.
darkr

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:00:06 PM

If you are a very emotional person, you will never get off this fear (and the other ones). Just try to think positively - it helps in many situations.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:17:37 PM

it depends on what are you holding and how much , if you are holding some shit coins , i don't know what to say to make you calm!

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:49:41 AM

Probably to overcome fear it is necessary to buy coins on the small amount, for example $1000. To distribute between several and to wait several months. You will see that there is nothing to be afraid if you study and you will understand this market. It is cyclic - it is a matter of time and patience

Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:22:37 PM

I had also the same mindset before. I was so hesitant to hold because I was afraid that I might lose my earnings. I was doubtful and I always panic everytime I hear negative news about what I am holding. Until I've learned from trading pros that it will really take time for us to gain a good profit here so we must be very patient.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: