Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:57:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4472 times)
Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:13:54 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

We can overcome fear of holding through walk in your faith and trust in all you do that you can have it by the grace of God. Holding in the time of price is very low is not easy to stay in holding because I have no money sometimes if l need money because l don't have choice but to sell my coins to meet the needs of my kids especially in school.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WaitingToGetPaid

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 07:20:26 PM

First of all, trading and investing are different things. If you hold and hold and hold - you are investor. Some traders also have become investors) I am ready mentally to loose all my funds invested, but in fact it is very rare case. I do not have any loans that psychologically press on me and it also helps.

Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:44:51 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Hold and hold and hold with full of patience if you have other funds i suggest you make a purchase to add an existing btc asset don't just shut up and waiting. Do something and take advantage of the existing condition in a smarter way.

darkr

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:57:16 AM

The reason why you are afraid to hold your bitcoins is because you do not know what is the benefits that you can get by holding it. You should become aware that you can double or even triple your investment if you will do long term investment with bitcoins.

To be aware of these future benefits, the guy should mix with the other successful traders. I think their support will help him in this situation, and he will avoid the stress.
Jake2134

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:02:29 PM

You can do is just not look the coins you are holding because that will lessen your stress and check it like only 1 time at a month because it will not pressure you.
MrCrypty

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:01:26 PM

Sometimes it is hard to be calm when you see the value of coins going down. You just have to accept the fact that losing money can happen. Be prepared and newer invest money you are not prepared to lose.
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:05:21 PM

If you are confident in a coin, then do not be afraid to hold this coin. In the end, you will earn your money. But this statement does not apply to speculative coins and shitcoin.
A.H.Rassel

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:06:04 PM

I understand your words, Actually, we all talk about the problem of trading and solve it in the work is not, One solution to your problem is to use specific strategies, You do not know where the market will go, why do you trust the market? You Trust Your Strategy, Your strategy will tell you to leave the market and you go out, you can not ignore it, Wait when your strategy tells you to enter the market. Long and short say your strategy.....Respect the rules
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:23:25 PM

I understand your words, Actually, we all talk about the problem of trading and solve it in the work is not, One solution to your problem is to use specific strategies, You do not know where the market will go, why do you trust the market? You Trust Your Strategy, Your strategy will tell you to leave the market and you go out, you can not ignore it, Wait when your strategy tells you to enter the market. Long and short say your strategy.....Respect the rules
Strategy and little bit mix with intuition would be the best team up with this very volatile market and come to think off that strategy wont really be created if you do lack knowledge and experience. Overcoming the fear of holding wont really be an easy journey or stuff because emotions would be the thing will really affect us along the way.Boggling minds and cant understand of doubts and feelings when you see the market is on reversal.

commlinx

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:48:19 AM

holding is nice significantly within the event that we have a tendency to area unit holding bitcoin however altcoin will be a wise thought to carry on the off probability that we will purchase at bring down value. be that because it might, once in a very whereas we have a tendency to area unit to a fault covetous after we see the value is increment fast and that we aren't providing since we'd like larger profit. within the event that we have a tendency to do that, at that time i feel our risk can misfortune thus we will not pitch to form profit. yet, within the event that we'd like to not fret for holding altcoin then I will advocate to you to supply it now if the value is increment thus you'll be able to recover your profit addition to your profit.
coinscircle

Activity: 202

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:21:09 PM

The feeling fear of holding the digital coins because we don't research about the digital coins before invested into them, we don't learning anything about the them, i suggest to learning about the digital coins analysis fundamental of digital coins before hold for long term investment, always use iddle money for holding the digital coins and never use loan money or the money will used
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:21:26 PM

We should not be afraid with that because we can always win back our money it is up to us how we gonna win that back we just need to have a lot of source of income and do not stick in only one source of income. As at the time I read the article you then rate Bitcoin is falling quickly, making those investments as well as holding Bitcoin become confused, anxious not know whether to sell Bitcoin or holding and pending rate increase come back
zapata

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:23:23 PM

Well if we keep on holding while that bitcoin of your's after all sort of selling it and convert to cash went out stagnant, then maybe it's a good choice to hold it while price is still have a good potential to rise higher. If we fear sometimes while we hold our btc assets, I guess that's a normal scenario specially this currency was a volatile one and we really can't avoid emotional struggles
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:26:49 PM

Simply forget about your coins. Stop to read any news related and stop to check the price daily or 2-3 times a day. You will have less stress and so less fear of your coins. Do it at least 1 month and you will see. 1 month is nothing in a life. After a month just do your usual stuff once a week, check the rate, read some news, ect, close everything and keep rolling the life.
I did it once and prove it was effective but only for two weeks cause I am still in the midst of curiosity of what is happening. For two weeks I am less stress, and when I get back I am in my neutral emotion and did not think to sell out of panic.
gilbert767

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:27:29 PM

I think there is no reason to fear. The best thing you can do is stop looking at the prices every half hour.
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:42:16 PM

Holding is risky too but for getting profit we should take this risk.Generally, I invest that amount which I can afford to lose.So, it's help me quite well to overcome my fears.I think holding bitcoin is less riskier than others so we should not worried more.

LastRolling

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:59:07 PM

I think you should try and try until you succeed that is the key. The trading is for brave people who can overcome the fear in trading and make all negative into positive thought just to be like optimistic.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:48:16 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 08:00:44 PM by cybersofts

Simply forget about your coins. Stop to read any news related and stop to check the price daily or 2-3 times a day. You will have less stress and so less fear of your coins. Do it at least 1 month and you will see. 1 month is nothing in a life. After a month just do your usual stuff once a week, check the rate, read some news, ect, close everything and keep rolling the life.
Yes, the best way to overcome a fear of holding your coins is to forget about them, get busy doing something important like working on a campaign or working on your own personal project. I recommend checking your HODL coins in 2-3 weeks. Checking your coins 2-3 times a day will make you panic and that may lead you to sell at lost. For me, I basically HODL for an average of 6 months, if it works out fine and if it didn't I'll just wait for another 6 months.
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:15:01 PM

I think you should try and try until you succeed that is the key. The trading is for brave people who can overcome the fear in trading and make all negative into positive thought just to be like optimistic.
if someone has negative thoughts, then it's better to leave your activity for later, because this whole situation will have a very bad effect on trade. And in general it's better to take it as a rule, never with your bad mood not to start or not continue your activity.
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:52:13 PM

By keep on thinking and convincing myself that bitcoin will rise again.  It will not remain in red but will become green eventually.  Keeping myself in a very positive way to overcome my fear of loosing my investment.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: