Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2024, 04:14:09 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies can now pay a small fee to enable images  (Read 54643 times)
brownn

Activity: 6
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 04:13:32 PM

I'm glad I came across this, as I want to grow in my ranks on here, and I've been contemplating how to earn merits or buy a Copper membership and how. So I'm glad I found this, let me make a step. Good luck to Me.

You didn't think you could have a higher rank by paying a small fee, did you?  Wink

Let's ask theymos to add a feature like that for newbies who can't earn merits so that they can rank up again after paying a small fee and make the merit system a failure and spam the shit out of this forum again for bounty earnings just like the past, shall we?  Tongue
That would be a nice idea...
Theymos might implement it on 1st April, 2025. He might likely bring back forum advertisement, 50 BTC donation and more. It will be a good experience next year.
This will be an extra means of generating income for the forum but I do not see it as fair. It's good for every member to grow naturally even as the Copper membership is still good since it has a low limit of ranks, let it end there. It could hurt if some people could buy their way right to the top and some could not even afford the mere Copper membership.

About the reintroduction of the ads, if he did that, it could only mean that is not sure of what he wants in my opinion. I believe there is a reason he wanted to keep the forum clean of ads which I think he should adhere to.

Lastly, I won't shy away from saying that the 50BTC you called just like that is heavy for me. Do you think some people will still be able to donate it with this huge value of Bitcoin? If at all he would do a thing like that, any amount would be a good idea.

No one will pay 50 BTC even to become a merit source here is that it allowed. Forum advertising with that amount is also not going to give positive returns.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
  Print  

Jump to: