Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:25:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Participation?  (Read 1084 times)
Jkattt (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:41:19 AM

How many people actually participate in the ICO stage of new alts? It would appear the obvious answer is a lot, considering the amount of money they raise. But isn't better to wait for the first storm to pass and then jump on after all the hoopla?
1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:05:04 PM

How many people actually participate in the ICO stage of new alts? It would appear the obvious answer is a lot, considering the amount of money they raise. But isn't better to wait for the first storm to pass and then jump on after all the hoopla?
I tried to invest in an ICO before then I found that the project can do well without the money used in the sale.

OG member.
Brian Ray
noodle_dam

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:12:57 PM

The short answer is NO!  Smiley

If you invested in every single ICO, including the crappy and scammy ones you would have seen a return on investment (ROI) of  1320%.

Think about that for a minute and really let it sink in...

There are such huge amounts of money flowing into crypto right now that its more important to get in early, than to try and find the absolute best ICO to invest in. Of course, you should not put all your eggs in one basket or you will get burned. You need to spread your risk.

Here is a good article about it http://uk.businessinsider.com/ico-mangrove-capital-average-returns-crypto-icos-2017-10

TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:17:32 PM

Before investing you should evaluate the coin, and then from that you will be able to tell if it is a good investment in your opinion. Some ICO's are over evaluated and some are not, most are however. Just because money is being made right now ( we are extremely early in the crypto world ) doesn't mean it is a "good" investment. Lots of people are getting lucky and getting greedy. I have seen people get frustrated there coin only went up 20% in a month, that is ridiculous. You will see a falling out with ICO's as more and more people get burned. I will link some helpful YouTube videos I created about this.

Creating ICO Standards : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24c1Azp4238&t=3s

How to evaluate crypto currency coins, ICO's and potential investments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwHkIKhddw&t=0s

Positivebetting
asdalani

Activity: 882

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:18:23 PM

There's a bunch of investors that want to throw away their money on coins that won't ever have the possibility of getting more expensive.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:19:25 PM

If you invested in every single ICO, including the crappy and scammy ones you would have seen a return on investment (ROI) of  1320%.

There are such huge amounts of money flowing into crypto right now that its more important to get in early, than to try and find the absolute best ICO to invest in. Of course, you should not put all your eggs in one basket or you will get burned. You need to spread your risk.

Here is a good article about it http://uk.businessinsider.com/ico-mangrove-capital-average-returns-crypto-icos-2017-10
That's a really interesting article from a pretty reputable source, I'd suggest reading the full article to anyone who's also interested in this.
Couldn't believe that ICO's were that profitable on average, but I guess it's because the really successful ones bring up the averages and make up for any losses.

I've always been pretty hesitant to invest in ICO's, but I think I need to start building a small portfolio after reading this Tongue

quantumcomputing11

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:24:59 PM

I would do the second part of your statement now and wait it out and that isnt because all ICOs suck or are scammy. I think majority of them suck and if you dont mind losing a little profit off the top then going the safer route is probably best for you. I personally dont mind losing some profit if I know the project I invest in is no scam and that I can have an outcome based on legitimacy. This means more to me, its up to you to decide yours.

rafajunior99

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:55:06 PM

That's a really interesting article from a pretty reputable source, I'd suggest reading the full article to anyone who's also interested in this.
Couldn't believe that ICO's were that profitable on average, but I guess it's because the really successful ones bring up the averages and make up for any losses.

I've always been pretty hesitant to invest in ICO's, but I think I need to start building a small portfolio after reading this Tongue

Yes it is a very interesting article and very good to read, I think of some ICO I get in investing, I get everything very good and proved very profitable, so better see their website and team first, or we can read their whitepaper how the concept applies to their project or agreement if this ICO fails, if we have seen it all, we can ascertain how well the project is for the future.
cevap

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:00:46 PM

If you find the right project you can still make quick money but those projects seem to be pretty rare lately. Mostly tokens fall below ICO value now and you should theoretically wait for price to drop on exchanges and then invest.

Sejorya

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:15:41 PM

I am really cautious with ICO´s. Invested in some who broke down after release, others worked out pretty well. Allways take a closer look at devs and if they already have a product/invention is my tip..
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:25:11 PM

If you find the right project you can still make quick money but those projects seem to be pretty rare lately. Mostly tokens fall below ICO value now and you should theoretically wait for price to drop on exchanges and then invest.

I participated in few ICO's recently, it turns out for me was way better to wait and buy Tokens later from the exchange so I agree with Cevap. Joining ICO's is a bit of gamble, it can end up as SCAM, or price loses value below Initial Coin Offering easy, or if you very lucky it can be very profitable. Only very experienced user can profit from ICO in the first stage - when all Tokens are distributed and start trading on the exchange that's for sure.
Fleshslasher

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:27:13 PM

I nearly never invest in ICO's just because i know there are a lot of these ICO scams. Cartaxi didn't pay their bounty signature workers their money. So they just skipped them and changed the rules for them.

I suggest you to participate in Aidrops and maybe sometimes signature campaigns only be alert when investing in ICO's and also search about their project and about their team.
HeavyTrain

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:28:59 PM

To my mind, in addition to other there is a type of ppl for which ICO is some kind of gambling/lottery
Ealex

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:48:46 PM

Thank you for this valuable answer.
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:59:56 PM

The answer is to diversify, never gamble your whole life savings on just 1 ICO no matter how tempted you are.
Some feasible projects never dip in price once they reach exchanges,.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:02:46 PM

Well look at Gizer guys and you will see a big project with big potential. However is hard to pick good icos in these days cause let's be honest , there are so many ico so choose carefully.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:10:34 PM

In most cases I don't usually jump into ICOs. A careful study and evaluation must come first.
And if am not fully convinced, I will wait and buy even at a more cheaper rate from exchanges after the ICO.
sky24

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:21:52 AM

I like to invest in ICOs because you usually get the most for your money. As the coin or token gets onto the market and more people know about it, it generally increases in value. This is just my preference, some people prefer to invest after the ICO and some people during the ICO.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:42:53 AM

If that statistic were true, it would be very encouraging to other people. But sadly the reality is that people get burned everyday joining ICOs that are actually shit.
I personally joined around 5 big ICOs thinking I would at least get my money back but was am sadly disappointed now that i'm at a -30% loss overall.
sinduarianto

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:43:24 AM

the first time coin ico appeared i would wait and buy even with cheaper price than exchange after ICO.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: