Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:38:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Participation?  (Read 1084 times)
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:07:44 AM

Yeah, I have heard of this theory before, and sadly, only after making the mistakes of joining my own ICOs. I researched so much, spent a lot of time, reading the whitepapers and documentations, feeling confident of the work the projects were doing and they had great transparency. And then after the ICOs, the listings happened and everything fell under.

If I look at the ICOs I went into, all of them are cheaper to buy now. In fact, if I had kept my BTC, plus the token prices, I could buy around 5 to 10 times more in all these ICOs today, because of higher Bitcoin price plus cheaper than ICO tokens.

So, maybe it works, maybe it does not. In my case, for sure this would have worked.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:44:41 AM

How many people actually participate in the ICO stage of new alts? It would appear the obvious answer is a lot, considering the amount of money they raise. But isn't better to wait for the first storm to pass and then jump on after all the hoopla?
In the present time it is common that small rich people are launching Thier own ICOs project with a coin but I don't think that we can see toward the trusted ICOs Because most of the ICOs are legit and few are only to steal the money of the people .
But it is also a truth the people are getting involved in the ICOs project in very big crowd Because I am seeing that since 3 days i tried to buy a coin at ICOs but I failed each time because the crowd at the site was much active with better internet connection , so we can understand that what is craze of the investment in the ICOs people have , and why not they do because it contained much amount of profit .
arakuns

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:21:46 PM

I agree that a lot of people participate in numerous ICOs but as a potential investor it is expected to carry out a proper evaluation on what to invest on. There are still some credible ICOs that an investor can explore.
ListICO

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 08:03:28 PM

IF you would like to Participation in ICOs we have a good ico listing website where you can find Ongoing and upcoming ICO projects www.listico.io
Luigi_LP

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:32:49 PM

I will participate in the ICO of the Gilgamesh project, I think that this is a top level project with a strong and solid basis
yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:38:59 PM

I participated only in 5 ICO. But according to my observations, the price increase after ICO is the exception rather than the rule. Whales buy a lot and huge discounts, then sell for three cents. After that, you can buy the right coin.
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:51:19 PM

Most of the ICOs I have come across lately restrict US citizens from participating. I don't have any btc to invest anyways, but I do like researching all the ICOs I come across just to know what is happening in the crypto world. I'm hoping over time that US citizens get a better chance to be included in the upcoming ICOs or that will be a major downer.
bisa coy

Activity: 142

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:00:10 PM

of ico is indeed we must be clever in analyzing a new project because ico is not significant therefore not easily influenced in ico if we want to participate in it.

nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:10:58 PM

How many people actually participate in the ICO stage of new alts? It would appear the obvious answer is a lot, considering the amount of money they raise. But isn't better to wait for the first storm to pass and then jump on after all the hoopla?

I participated recently in few ICO's and the results are good but not for any initial coin offering I participated. One of my investments is still under ICO price and two other are good. You need to know the risk and understand that you can lose our money because ICO is basically a crowd funding a new company any many things can go wrong.
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:21:50 PM

Many people are participating in the ICOs. There are more ways of the participation. You can invest, advertise ICOs campaign, get your free airdrop or something else that specific ICO has allowed. It is better to get early in the project with your investment or with the campaign cause there are better chances that you will gain profit from it. Usually, airdrops are pointing that preICO will start soon and already there you can see the project plans. Best way to lower your risk is to wait when the token will be released and transferred to coin cause then you could get a better evaluation of the coin you desire to invest in or to trade with. Every ICO is risky but many people are participating in them cause they want to gain easy profit and they believe in the goals the developers are presenting.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Ompyon

Activity: 715
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:22:46 PM

of ico is indeed we must be clever in analyzing a new project because ico is not significant therefore not easily influenced in ico if we want to participate in it.
To analyze ico for sure, because all investors will also be very concerned about all the risks that will occur in the future, my advice should be if you have a lot of funds, then do not just follow one or two ico, but join in some ico, so it can reduce the risk of loss, if any ico failed

]
lofegs

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:42:14 PM

Sometimes you gain sometimes loss. But with you get better on it the gaining chance will grow Cheesy
But some newcomers can do the same as you did.

awilliams

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:56:16 PM

I like to be a part of the ICO because sometimes they give you bonus and most of the time you'll have to wait for a long time for them to get on exchanges. For example, the ico I'm planning on goin in on gives bonus tokens for participating.

I especially love what the bee token is doing. They give bonuses, have a pun contest to win their tokens, signature campaign, and bounty. Who doesn't love making easy money?

https://www.thebeetoken.com/
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 11:17:25 PM

You can, of course, first see how the ICO campaign ends, how new tons will behave and then decide whether to buy them or not. However, it is necessary to take into account that practically in all ICOs there is a bonus program first, which is that the earlier you invest, the less platish. Therefore, there is some sense in participating in ICO campaigns from the very beginning.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 12:03:05 AM

If you invested in every single ICO, including the crappy and scammy ones you would have seen a return on investment (ROI) of  1320%.

Think about that for a minute and really let it sink in...

If that statistic were true, it would be very encouraging to other people. But sadly the reality is that people get burned everyday joining ICOs that are actually shit.
I personally joined around 5 big ICOs thinking I would at least get my money back but was am sadly disappointed now that i'm at a -30% loss overall.

So that 5 big ICOs that you said, didn't guarantee that big ICOs can be profitable right ?
but let see, from where you get those information, ICO that you participate are the true big 5 ICOs, im just worried that you visit in the wrong ICOs review site.

Try the ICOs that become my signature, GL  Grin

bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:18:38 AM

Expect loads of participants who will flock in a hype or Big ICO, mostly average investors who want to part of that project, like me I rarely participate in ICO nowadays. I am now a smart investor who invest not with the hype but the uses and team behind the project. I remembered buying at ico price then price cut to 80% during the first month of the project , i dont wanna drop the name project but was disappointing.
Shrinath

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:05:36 PM

ICO is the abbreviation of Initial Coin Offering. These novel fundraising mechanisms have been using the latest blockchain technology and gaining a lot of attention over the world for the past few months. There are millions of people are participating in the ICOs. There are multiple ways to participate in ICO. You can invest, advertise ICOs campaign, get your free airdrop or something else that specific ICO has allowed. You could also Obtain Ether: In order to do this you’ll need one of the more popular cryptocurrencies. Most crowdsales these days have been running on top of the Ethereum network and so obtaining some ether is your best bet. Bitcoin and some other alt-coins may be accepted also depending on the ICO but you can’t go wrong with ether. Next, you need to move your Ether to a user controlled wallet. The next and final step is to send your cryptocurrency to the ICO address in order to receive the new token. However, be careful of “scams” ICOs which are plenty in the market.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:45:34 PM

The truth remains that ICOs have generally become a source of ROI for investors once they hit the market. However, most times ICOs have sadly also turned sources of scam. The unscrupulous devs have been known to run away once they get hold of investors funds. All these make ICO participation a mixed feeling. The bottom line is never to put in money one can't afford to lose.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██