Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:41:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BCC exchange to BTC  (Read 261 times)
cipherer (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:33:09 PM

Is it possible to exchange BCC Cash in BTC?
I mean without selling.
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:40:51 PM

I mean without selling.
You need to sell it on exchanges in order to convert bcc to btc. If you are looking for other methods, you can try transacting peer to peer which is quite risky, seek help from escrow in order to lessen risk in this transaction. Let me just ask why don't you want to sell it on exchanges? It would be more convenient for you to have sold it there. Conversion would also be precise and it carries little to no risk at all. It is also easy to deposit it on exchanges so why bother converting it without selling there?
BitcoinReseller

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:45:09 PM

I mean without selling.

yes you can, i use Bittrex to do this, here is simple tutorial for how to use bittrex :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078292.0

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
cipherer (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:48:35 PM

Yes that is possible, I thougt it is indirect, because i have tot convert to euro/dollar. Maybe it can be exchanged directly at lower costs.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:50:19 PM

in order to exchange one cryptocurrency with another one you need to find someone else to do the exchange with.

- usually people use platforms such as exchanges to find that someone else to do the trade the easiest way.

- you can always find someone on other more peer to peer platforms like forums, other social media and do the trade but at a higher and different kind of risk. which is where escrows come in. you can also use multi signature features for this.

- and finally the newest and most awesome way is to use Atomic Swap. it is a form of smart contract between two peers completely decentralized and without needing any kind of weird platform or anything like that. it is just a side channel. here is the concept:

both bitcoin and bitcoin cash are capable of doing this.
unfortunately i don't have more information that this to share but you can read more here:
https://news.bitcoin.com/this-developer-is-bringing-atomic-swaps-to-the-bitcoin-cash-network/
https://github.com/decred/atomicswap/pull/37

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:53:17 PM

Seriously for a Jr. Member you don't know how to change altcoins?

You need to sell something to earn some Bitcoin with trading (It's Logic Bro.) But, if you can find a buyer directly and buy his/her Altcoin to btc or Btc to altcoin. But, trading peer to peer is really risky you need to get some trusted escrow services for added security for the both of you.
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:00:46 PM

If you use exodus wallet you can do it seamlessly right from your wallet, no need to go to an exchange. I mean you’re still selling your bcc and buying btc (because that’s how currencies work, the currency you get rid of you are selling - but I’m sure you already know that). But the point is that exodus will do it for you through shapeshift.
cipherer (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:38:44 AM

Seriously for a Jr. Member you don't know how to change altcoins?

You need to sell something to earn some Bitcoin with trading (It's Logic Bro.) But, if you can find a buyer directly and buy his/her Altcoin to btc or Btc to altcoin. But, trading peer to peer is really risky you need to get some trusted escrow services for added security for the both of you.

Of course, I know that, let me explain:
1. When I sell BCC there is delay before I get my money, I want get my money before I buy BTC. So transaction takes long time (hours, even a day!).
2. Delay means risk, because of time.
3. Buying and selling means two times transaction fee's.
4. Selling BCC in Euro/Dollar is (as far as I know) limited to a max of 2.500 par example, I don't like that because it'takes too much time.

So my question remains is it possible to exchange BCC in BTC directly, without peer to peer?
cipherer (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:43:46 AM

in order to exchange one cryptocurrency with another one you need to find someone else to do the exchange with.

- usually people use platforms such as exchanges to find that someone else to do the trade the easiest way.

- you can always find someone on other more peer to peer platforms like forums, other social media and do the trade but at a higher and different kind of risk. which is where escrows come in. you can also use multi signature features for this.

- and finally the newest and most awesome way is to use Atomic Swap. it is a form of smart contract between two peers completely decentralized and without needing any kind of weird platform or anything like that. it is just a side channel. here is the concept:

both bitcoin and bitcoin cash are capable of doing this.
unfortunately i don't have more information that this to share but you can read more here:
https://news.bitcoin.com/this-developer-is-bringing-atomic-swaps-to-the-bitcoin-cash-network/
https://github.com/decred/atomicswap/pull/37

Thank you, this is very interesting. I have still questions about security, but I will study first.
cryptonianz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:47:45 AM

Bittrex & Poloniex

At least those I have seen it available!
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:18:30 PM

Several reliable exchanges do these operations. You can visit Bittrex for instance. You can also go here https://changelly.com/ and do the exchange there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: