Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:35:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core 0.15.1 Released  (Read 27858 times)
tomalours

Activity: 314
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:38:49 AM

With the last version I had to downgrade in order to use it. Hope this one works for me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MeshCollider

Activity: 78
Merit: 12

Bitcoin Core wallet maintainer

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 07:55:26 PM

With the last version I had to downgrade in order to use it. Hope this one works for me

If it doesn't please let us know on GitHub! We can't fix bugs we don't know about Smiley

github.com/meshcollider || PGP:
CA03 882C B1FC 067B 5D3A CFE4 D300 116E 1C87 5A3D
aveon

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:14:49 AM

Ok thanks. One more question: how can I get BCH and BTG from BCC? I have read some instructions but they are too complicated for me at the time.

And by BCC you mean Bitcoin Core? You can simply export the private keys by following this: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/4203/how-can-i-export-the-private-key-for-an-address-from-the-satoshi-client (second post) and then import them into Coinomi (It support both BTG and BCH).

Yes, BCC is Bitcoin Core wallet. I am just wondering if it is safe to follow that instruction. What if I transfer my BTC to another wallet before getting BCH and BTG? Will I still be able to gain those two?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:53:02 AM

Yes, BCC is Bitcoin Core wallet. I am just wondering if it is safe to follow that instruction. What if I transfer my BTC to another wallet before getting BCH and BTG? Will I still be able to gain those two?

Yes, the BCH and BTG will remain in your addresses regardless If you move your bitcoins or not and doing that will be safer as even If we assume that Coinomi is not a trustworthy wallet (e.g they save your private keys in their servers), they won't be able to get your bitcoins because you will be moving them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shivanirapidworkers

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:21:14 AM

The new version of bitcoin core is really very fast and amazing.Is it going to get its new update soon?
aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:57:29 PM

Yes, the BCH and BTG will remain in your addresses regardless If you move your bitcoins or not and doing that will be safer as even If we assume that Coinomi is not a trustworthy wallet (e.g they save your private keys in their servers), they won't be able to get your bitcoins because you will be moving them.

Great, thanx, that's what I needed to know.

need help. i m searching for the orginal BTC wallet. but whenever i download it, it starts downloading bitcoin core. now i believe bitcoin core is a different currency ? m i right ? is BTC same as BTX ?

Man, Bitcoin Core (BCC) is not a currency it is an original wallet for BitCoin (BTC). There many new abbreviations so you can easily get confused. Anyway, I think BCC is the original wallet because when I had used it most of those present today did not even exist. BTX is a BITCORE, (not BITCOIN CORE) and it is really a separate crypto not connected to original bitcoin. Hope that'll help you a bit
privetta

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:43:49 PM

Hello, is my first message and i dont know if is ok tihis message: i've a big problem: i lost my passprhase Wallet Bitcoin Core and i need help: is possible recover or change passprhase ? thank you. Paolo Rivetta
Hadrop.Boyle

Activity: 291
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:11:46 AM

Hello, is my first message and i dont know if is ok tihis message: i've a big problem: i lost my passprhase Wallet Bitcoin Core and i need help: is possible recover or change passprhase ? thank you. Paolo Rivetta

I guess that's the wrong post to open up that question. And no it's not possible. But maybe you find some ideas in this topic here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85495.0

Wanne get 10% of Cointracking? https://cointracking.info/?ref=M138678
Wanne join Binance Exchange? https://www.binance.com/?ref=11326731
Wanne join Kucoin with Bonus? https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=7QHt5a
JohnDavid

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:09:20 AM

I have been waiting to see this release. Now I am here to enjoy whats gonna happen now.. Hope it will perform better now Grin
amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:20:36 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the new release. The better side of this is that it makes the software more secure against attacks and easy to use when we compare to previous version. This new update will fixed most of the bugs which we can expected from it. Again thanks for it.
Congrats........
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:40:47 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 09:02:37 AM by OmegaStarScream

If you lost your password, there is no way to access your wallet, your funds are lost. If you know at least a little bit about the password and not a lot of special characters were used then you can contact WalletRecoveryServices.com but make sure to read the message shown in the top first and see If it applies to you.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
leptar

Activity: 91

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:30:11 AM

https://blockchain.info/tx/618f35f4fb933a802853f5140163f13b4d0cc7696d5972b517aef06c4101c0ff

seriously?

from 3 days to 2 weeks now infinity?

no wonder the mempool is backed up..
winteroxalis

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:22:42 PM

is this when the bitcoin cash crap started? was the 0.15.1 release the catalyst?
TommySafari

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:39:13 PM

Very fast and smooth sync on x86_64 linux. Looks really good. What might be the time frame on 0.15.2 and might that fully support running lnd on top of that build?

I have a problem with Bitcoin cash Bitcash (BCC) corrupting the Bitcoin (BTC) database.  I have to reindex both and still they get stuck at the fork of BCC off of BTC chain on August 1, 2017.

Anyone else been having this problem???  any solution?  perhaps running BTC and BCC on different computers?Huh  any other solution to the corrupting DB problem?    - Thanks
mesout

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:59:56 PM

I suppose this question is meant for the devs, but just in case: I suggest to just show (display) it. Because right below there's Open Configuration File and the instructions (how to override) are above that button which makes it easy to both see the current setting and know how to change it without reading documentation. The only thing that's missing (see other parts of the GUI) would be advice that a restart is required for the new setting to to take effect. (In case dbcache isn't set in bitcoin.conf, I assume the default value would be displayed).
achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 11:10:02 PM

is this when the bitcoin cash crap started? was the 0.15.1 release the catalyst?
No, it was not.

I have a problem with Bitcoin cash Bitcash (BCC) corrupting the Bitcoin (BTC) database.  I have to reindex both and still they get stuck at the fork of BCC off of BTC chain on August 1, 2017.

Anyone else been having this problem???  any solution?  perhaps running BTC and BCC on different computers?Huh  any other solution to the corrupting DB problem?    - Thanks
Use a custom datadir for one of the nodes. Both will attempt to use the same datadir and that will be very problematic because they are two distinct blockchains.

superbotolo

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:40:40 AM

I just purchased a new external HDD to run a Bitcoin Core node on my MacBook Air. It's syncing right now and I have never felt so much part of the revolution/evolution  Cheesy
Cryptoneer

Activity: 116
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:34:14 PM

I still haven't found a good example, or guide on how to use importmulti to import several privkeys, with say the console for the QT wallet.

Så kan det gå, om CAPS LOCK är PÅ!
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:50:18 AM

it is a pain in the ass that you need to download a total of 3gb to have the bitcoin core though you have a turtle internet what a shame maybe developers out there could manage to have a bit internal of the memory to support many person to download such a thing! we can minimize the GB but not affecting the system and performance and others!

Cryptoneer

Activity: 116
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 01:06:36 PM

it is a pain in the ass that you need to download a total of 3gb to have the bitcoin core though you have a turtle internet what a shame maybe developers out there could manage to have a bit internal of the memory to support many person to download such a thing! we can minimize the GB but not affecting the system and performance and others!
3GB? I hope you're not talking about the 145GB blockchain.  Shocked

Så kan det gå, om CAPS LOCK är PÅ!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: