Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gradate but still an illiterate?  (Read 678 times)
jaibster (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:08:00 PM

Does achieving a degree means that you have become a civilized and educated human being? I don't think so. Getting knowledge won't make you an educated person. The most common example of illiteracy by educated people is when there is littering iin educational institutes and illiterate people are hired to clean the mess. cramming your course books won't bring wisdom, it will only bring knowledge without enlightenment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crankautist

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:09:00 AM

Does achieving a degree means that you have become a civilized and educated human being? I don't think so. Getting knowledge won't make you an educated person. The most common example of illiteracy by educated people is when there is littering iin educational institutes and illiterate people are hired to clean the mess. cramming your course books won't bring wisdom, it will only bring knowledge without enlightenment.

Look in the mirror. You could have a ph.d.(tbh i doubt that very much) and still be the same 3rd world idiot.

I.e. egypt college graduates have an avg iq of around 90.
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:20:41 AM

The goal: to produce interchangeable drones! The worst is if they were trained in ciritical thinking, they would realize the goal of their "education". Like roman racing horses... After the finish line is the butchers...

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:40:37 PM

I agree to that. Many are educated but few are mannered. Many educated people has PhD or higher than that but their values towards environment, the way they see others are lower people, the way they treat the poor is remarkably unacceptable. I don't see education can really make us literate in all aspects. We maybe educated mentally but not morally, spiritually and emotionally.
Brokerz

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:46:19 AM

It does not mean you are a man who has only a title suffix title you, you are a blind hurup if you can not keep your surroundings around you, littering, making troublemakers and so forth
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:41:08 AM

I agree with you that it won't but, you can't define all degree holders like that. Does your "bolded" statement pointed generally to all person who have degrees? That's a big NO. There are persons who do that and there is who doesn't. It all comes from the nature of a person if he/she will act as an educated.  As for me, having a degree just add upon your knowledge on what you're specializing and that's it.
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 01:51:43 AM

Cleaning or doing a mess shit job which is traditionally assign to illiterate does not make you an illiterate even if you hold PHD. If you are graduate but can't  apply the knowledge acquired to enhance your self and family makes you illiterate.

TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:03:59 AM

THe most basic problem for me I think is thinking that your education entitles you yo a lot more than the people who dont have. BEing well learned in one thing only means you might be an expert there however kothing compares to what is really being in there means
leonora galvan

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:52:26 AM

Look in the mirror. You could have a ph.d.(tbh i doubt that very much) and still be the same 3rd world idiot.

I.e. egypt college graduates have an avg iq of around 90.
there are a lot of people who are graduate in college but still uneducated especially their parents they treat them as there servant they still dont know what they are talking if that is wrong or correct .
wideshut

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:14:03 PM

Absolutely agree.
Can add, that any knoledge is nothinh without practice and experience.
So if you were a golden boy in school doesn't mean that you are smart.
labs0918

Activity: 205

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:23:46 PM

I agree to that. Many are educated but few are mannered. Many educated people has PhD or higher than that but their values towards environment, the way they see others are lower people, the way they treat the poor is remarkably unacceptable. I don't see education can really make us literate in all aspects. We maybe educated mentally but not morally, spiritually and emotionally.
I agree. Sometimes a graduate but still illiterate is lack of manners. It doesn't mean that you are literate if you are graduated and educated. If you do not treat people in a good way then youre illiterate. Sometimes having a good manner can makes you literate even youre not graduated.

September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:59:36 PM

There are a lot of people with even university degrees who are completely ignorant, while there are people with no university and exceptional knowledge. Degrees are just paper.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
JessIs8

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:05:08 PM

Schooling system is fcked up. Students aim to get a degree, instead of learning and harnessing their skills as an individual.
BlueFlare Magazine Co.

Activity: 52

BlueFlare財務雑誌

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 08:27:57 PM

Yes I agree with you. Many people in my country keep cram English book become 100% in TOEFL but cannot speak and if they read English newspaper they will keep English dictionary for a word looking.

和英通訳経済雑誌
Strictly traditional translation OK
PM for contact
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:24:14 PM

Cleaning or doing a mess shit job which is traditionally assign to illiterate does not make you an illiterate even if you hold PHD. If you are graduate but can't  apply the knowledge acquired to enhance your self and family makes you illiterate.

Actually in today's world you often are forced to do these jobs as a graduate. It's not the degree that matters but your family, social status, friends, and whether you can push yourself above all others. Pushing yourself means that you are willing to do things other people won't like sleeping with your boss or telling on your coworkers.

Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:41:39 PM

It is possible but you pulled out a scenario that is unlikely and you cannot put that on all people who are educated neither. Due to these fallacies we must throw that logic out the window and start fresh. I will say that some

people who are book smart have zero life smarts and it is hilarious to watch in action. Then again they probably think it is hilarious to watch a person who is life smart fall flat on their face when it comes to books and quizzes

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:00:54 PM

In the current world earning a degree is useless and of no value when you don't make use of it and get a job. Right now we go to school with the sole purpose of getting jobs in the near future. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:37:02 AM

Completely perfectly agreed, Knowing how to solve maths problems and read book do not make people clever. Educated people does not mean that they are enlighted. If education does not enlighten people , It does not work. Schools and universities must help people to find their enlightenment.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
IvanPont

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:48:39 AM

Knowledge is certainly a necessary thing for human development, but it can not become educated. Not many are able to become educated, some just do not have enough knowledge for this.

burong1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:27:03 AM

It does not mean you are a man who has only a title suffix title you, you are a blind hurup if you can not keep your surroundings around you, littering, making troublemakers and so forth
Having a degree it doesn't mean you have a good attitude but it's up to you how you handle it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: