Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:12:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In it just for the money?  (Read 1375 times)
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:47:30 AM

When investing in ICOs, are there times when you invest for a high ROI but don't really care for the cause behind the project? Or do you only invest when you believe the project has a strong use case and feel personally attached?

I am new to BitcoinTalk but I am not new to investing. With all my investments, my criteria is whether I believe in the idea and whether it is something the world needs. In other words, if I don't feel personally invested in the idea, then I won't be investing my money.

For example, there is a new project called Protex and I invested in their pre-sale because I believe they are going to solve a major issue the entire world has. They are a data security company that will give the power of data back to the users instead of large corporations. All while essentially eliminate data breaches. With a platform that will positively affect everyday of my life, it is easy to be invested in them.

But I want to know your thoughts! In it just for the money?
I am with you. In fact, I've been into airdrops (free tokens/coins) for the past few weeks after learning about these ICOs, and I've never bought any pre-sale tokens and coins in my life. And if ever I'm going to buy any new tokens/coins, the first thing that I will look at is their whitepaper. Even if it's airdrop, I always look at their whitepaper and fin out the problem they want to solve, and their solution. Other airdrops that do not have any whitepaper or clear objectives is honestly an automatic NO for me even if it's free. That's because in the future, people won't stay on supporting this project and it will eventually disappear in the market because it is not used properly.

One example of the airdrops that I joined which I think is (and should be) a success is the authorship (ATS) which which aims to help authors and writers publish their books with the use of its flatform.

I also believe that the people are a part of the success of any ICO/project. The only difference maker is that how people understand the objective of an ICO/project, and I hope they should really understand the purpose. I hope people will stop the "MONEY ONLY" mentality that makes the supposedly USEFUL project USELESS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:21:50 AM

You must have to invest to a reliable and trustworthy projects. You should research first of what project you want to invest so that you will know if is it was not illegal or scam.
kubricktrader

Activity: 384
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:22:14 AM

Investing is just plaving bets on the future. Investors in the end have no affect if a project is used in the future. We just making bets.. So believong in the future of a project is the same as investing. The smokescreen is projects trying ti make you think they are the future and traders playing along for the ride.

Money flooding into crypto is ultimately a good thing and the good stuff will survive and the dead stiff will ded. Thats what the free market does.
Junixi

Activity: 322
Merit: 5

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:49:30 AM

It's just business. Of course, this is for earnings. You won't spend your money on unprofitable and useless projects that you don't trust, aren't you? You want to change your personal future with its help..

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:03:39 AM

Yes, definitely i am in it because of money, earnings.
Before investing the fruit of your hard work we have to make sure by doing some research if its legitimate and reliable.
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:26:16 AM

Most of us are in it for the money, I would like to invest in something that is going to actually work, something that is real and most definitely achievable.

I read in a post somewhere that some ICO's are simply shitty dreams about changing the world in one way or another, those are the ICO's are try to avoid and most probably are a scam.

Look into trade.io an innovative new blockchain trading platform that will disrupt the financial ecosystem and democratize the markets. Currently at PRE-ICO and is sharing with the community a Bounty program, you can also collect Airdrops.
Be sure to check it out in the following link...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2370663.0

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Dralarn

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:51:38 PM

It's not only about the money, it's about the technology as well. I think we are all very lucky to be living in the era where blockchain takes place, it reminds me of the time when exchanges started to take shape and the finance world started to develop. It's quite similar with Blockchain, another example if the internet or the PC era, all these new technologies had similarities to what we are seeing today. As long as the technology is doing something good for the future, I don't see why you shouldn't make money out of it. And if people are building these blocks that are being used by other people and will be used by much more many in the future, then they should get rewarded for their risk and effort that they've put into this.
sofakingporkhunt

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:27:19 PM

Yes, I believe the majority are in this for the money but it depends on how you are investing or if it is day trading you are interested in. I only invest in coins/projects that I have done thorough research on.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:39:56 PM

Even the founders of the projects are in them for the money. Every entrepreneur is doing business to have a higher income. It can be something they believe it, but at the end of the day, they do it for the money. I think it is the same when you have to invest in an ICO. It is best to invest in something you believe in, because there are higher chances you'll succeed, though.

The best is yet to come!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: