Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 06:20:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how did you get your first bitcoin ?  (Read 1839 times)
pinger
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin - Resistance is futile

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 06:32:05 AM

You are not going to believe me, but my first coin was buyed on EBAY and paid with PAYPAL at 18 € when the price on MTGOX was 14  (And I believed I will never recover the cost of the commission I had paid ... I would had to buy a few thousand bitcoins then... )

What happened if you bought a few thousand?

It was just before the price Skyrocket to 200 x 1000, well, I could be rich for now.

For rent
Boba

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:30:05 AM

I got my first bitcoin by mining, using a brand new PC I built for the purpose, sporting 2 x 7970s. This was early December 2012, when the reward was still 50btc per block.
bitbitcoins (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

bitbitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:52:43 PM

Bitcoin toilet?

bitbitcoins (OP)

bitbitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 07:27:55 AM

I got my first bitcoin by mining, using a brand new PC I built for the purpose, sporting 2 x 7970s. This was early December 2012, when the reward was still 50btc per block.

One stupid question  : when there will be no bitcoin left to mine, who is going to perform the transactions (if we assume that there will be no computer working for the network ??)

pinger
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin - Resistance is futile

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 08:07:41 AM

One stupid question  : when there will be no bitcoin left to mine, who is going to perform the transactions (if we assume that there will be no computer working for the network ??)

They will live with the transaction taxes then.

For rent
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:12:05 AM

Deepbit
Long ago...

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
squirrtle

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:35:26 AM

I got my first one from a friend, gambled it a little, and been addicted ever since! You have so many odds being able to bet small fractions!
staii

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:49:31 AM

If there are no computers working on the network anymore, it is a problem.

However, the miners have an incentive to remain on the network, and remain "mining", even after there are no more coins generated from mining. This is because whoever finds a block also gets the transaction fees of the transactions in that block. People think that, as coins from mining decrease, transaction fees would increase.

The network regulates itself anyway; if nodes start leaving the network at that time, the difficulty drops, and it become easier for the remaining nodes to generate blocks (and thus they get more coins, from the fees).
bitbitcoins (OP)

bitbitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 12:10:15 PM

If there are no computers working on the network anymore, it is a problem.

However, the miners have an incentive to remain on the network, and remain "mining", even after there are no more coins generated from mining. This is because whoever finds a block also gets the transaction fees of the transactions in that block. People think that, as coins from mining decrease, transaction fees would increase.

The network regulates itself anyway; if nodes start leaving the network at that time, the difficulty drops, and it become easier for the remaining nodes to generate blocks (and thus they get more coins, from the fees).
Thank you

jcanesa

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

I bought my first btc well .5 btc on ebay at a crazy upcharge. then got ripped off second time. however i've been getting a little smarter and hope to learn much more from the forums
fontera

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:31:13 PM

my first bitcoin?? i'm sure i earned it from coinurl..

Can you explain this to me, how many Visitors in wat Timeframe ?
ottomatias

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:46:19 PM

Bitstamp.
Svensson

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:52:44 PM

I mined it
hpski

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:04:17 PM

Yup, same here - I also mined my first coin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: