Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:10:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Optiminer/Equihash 2.1.0 supporting Zcash, Bitcoin Gold, Minexcoin, Zero..  (Read 35182 times)
UIXID

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:26:00 PM

All major Linux distributions have adopted systemd for service and log management so using cron, screen, rc.local, &, >>, .config/autostart, etc to run any service is a terrible solution and practice.

From your words, I do not understand what the use of Krontab is bad? And what option would you suggest to use in my situation? Explain if you can in more detail. I have very little knowledge of Linux.

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───
Website◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸CoinMarketCap
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:10:29 PM

All major Linux distributions have adopted systemd for service and log management so using cron, screen, rc.local, &, >>, .config/autostart, etc to run any service is a terrible solution and practice.

From your words, I do not understand what the use of Krontab is bad? And what option would you suggest to use in my situation? Explain if you can in more detail. I have very little knowledge of Linux.
Cron was designed to repeatedly run commands that exit, not manage child processes/daemons. That is what process managers are for.

Systemd can manage:
  • Service monitoring
  • Service dependency resolution
  • Logging to Journald
  • Cgroup resource limitation
  • Namespace isolation
  • Auto restarting
  • etc
moncho06

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:06:29 AM

Hi mike,
               Let me start off with Thanking You for taking time out for helping but ill need more help =D. I did everything that you wrote but without any luck, on of my search i found out that i can use also chmod +x instead of U+X i dont know if thats correct but i tried both way and i get the same results. I never used linux before but its never to late to learn something new. Please let me know what can be wrong, bellow its what i did step by step.

This its at the beginning of the terminal

rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~ $ cd Desktop
rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop $ cd optiminer-equihash
rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop/optiminer-equihash $ ls
bin         bin-207903   mine_zcash.sh        protobuf-license.txt
bin-191205  bin-223600   mine_zero.sh         README.md
bin-200406  LICENSE      openssl-license.txt  watchdog-cmd.sh
bin-203603  mine_mnx.sh  optiminer-equihash
rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop/optiminer-equihash $ nano mine_mnx.sh

AFTER ALL THIS IT TOOK ME TO THE EDIT SCREEN AS FOLLOW

#!/bin/bash

# General options

# The following line did not have any effect on my system but might reduce CPU usage on some.
# export GPU_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1

# Example pools
echo "Adjust the pool data below and remove this line!"

# suprnova.cc
POOL=stratum+tcp://mnx.suprnova.cc:7077             I changed This
USER=NAME.NAME                                              Changed with own NAME.NAME   
PASSWORD=MY PASSWORD                                 TYPED my PASSWORD

cd "$(dirname "$0")"
while true
do
  echo "Executing $./optiminer-equihash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD -a equihash96_5 --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd "./watchdog-cmd.sh" $@"
  ./optiminer-equihash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD -a equihash96_5 --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd "./watchdog-cmd.sh" $@
  if [ $? -eq 134 ]
  then
    break
  fi
done

to exit I pressed and hold CTRL+ X and then Y for YES then PRESSED ENTER

AFTER SAVED IT TOOK ME BACK TO TERMINAL SCREEN WHERE I TYPED BELLOW

rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop/optiminer-equihash $ chmod u+x mine_mnx.sh

rig01@rig01-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop/optiminer-equihash $ ./mine_mnx.sh

After all this and I tried many times I get WHATS BELLOW.

Executing $./optiminer-equihash -s stratum+tcp://mnx.suprnova.cc:7077 -u MYNAME -p MYPASSWORD -a equihash96_5 --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd ./watchdog-cmd.sh
./optiminer-equihash: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Executing $./optiminer-equihash -s stratum+tcp://mnx.suprnova.cc:7077 -u MYNAME -p MYPASSWORD -a equihash96_5 --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd ./watchdog-cmd.sh
./optiminer-equihash: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

UIXID

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:56:04 AM

Cron was designed to repeatedly run commands that exit, not manage child processes/daemons. That is what process managers are for.

Systemd can manage:
  • Service monitoring
  • Service dependency resolution
  • Logging to Journald
  • Cgroup resource limitation
  • Namespace isolation
  • Auto restarting
  • etc

Thank you for the clarification.
And how do I use the Systemd to implement the Optiminer autorun with Ubunta startup?

mikebzh44

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:02:35 PM

After all this and I tried many times I get WHATS BELLOW.

Do you have installed NVidia or AMD drivers, depend on which graphic card you use ?

This kind of error is listed on github page ::

https://github.com/Optiminer/OptiminerEquihash

libOpenCL.so.1 cannot open object

There is a problem with your OpenCL installation. Make sure that there is a symlink /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so.1 that points to the OpenCL library on your system.
podrouzek

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:17:43 AM

Hi all.  I have an Radeon RX 560 GPU and have linux mint.  I cannot install the latest AMD-Pro driver because it crashes my system.  So I installed OpenCL and use the drivers that come with Mint.
Optiminer starts but I get a Segmentation Error.  Does anyone know how to solve this?
Its 'almost' working and I really don't know what to try now.

There is literally no point in using MxMiner.  I think I can work out the algo on paper quicker than Mxminer....

Thanks
Usebtc

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:04:51 AM

Hi all.  I have an Radeon RX 560 GPU and have linux mint.  I cannot install the latest AMD-Pro driver because it crashes my system.  So I installed OpenCL and use the drivers that come with Mint.
Optiminer starts but I get a Segmentation Error.  Does anyone know how to solve this?

There is literally no point in using MxMiner.  I think I can work out the algo on paper quicker than Mxminer....

Thanks

I can tell you for 300 mnx Smiley
r12x2

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:58:55 AM

Thanks

Use EthOS https://pastebin.com/FHM50w7m, or you can try Ubuntu 16.04 with AMD GPU PRO BETA https://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/beta/ubuntu/amdgpu-pro-17.40.2712-510357.tar.xz
mk111

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:11:47 AM

Thanks

What performance do you get with your RX 560 on Optiminer?
mk111

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:27:39 AM

Thanks

Never mind I see RX 560 does 5200 sols/s
UIXID

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:11:03 PM

Thanks

Never mind I see RX 560 does 5200 sols/s
Here are the approximate speeds for mining MNX in Linux using the Optiminer
Gtx1050ti 5k sols
Gtx1070 7.5k sols
Gtx1080 8-8.5k sols
Rx580 11k sol
Rx570 9.9k sol
Rx560 8-8.5k sols

mk111

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:46:46 AM

RX560 8000 Sols? Do you have proof?
Other users only get 5200 sols max with RX560.
Dirtpaw

Activity: 192
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:55:42 PM

Any estimates on CUDA kernel release?

Earn or compound your BTC : https://freebitco.in/?r=8476033  I share 75% of my commissions with my referrals. Share amount based on referral activity.
UIXID

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:20:21 PM

RX560 8000 Sols? Do you have proof?
Other users only get 5200 sols max with RX560.
I did not personally feel sorry myself, I have nvidia cards. About the amd cards copied from the telegrams of the channel, it is possible that they do not give such indicators, but exactly more than 1050 ti.

Rekey

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:30:13 PM

can anyone tell me the update for nivida card please
militiariko

Activity: 297

Life is beautiful !

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:37:45 AM

anyone check gpu temperature and compare it between mxminer and optimizer?
i. measure gpu temp when mxminer working and it can between 55 - 72 celcius
Gaglam

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:50:47 PM

When windoze?
Gaglam

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:07:22 PM