Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:39:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My advice to Bitcoin newbies: relax  (Read 4910 times)
Satry

Activity: 190
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:48:00 AM

if people relax they will lost them chance. if you pay 2,000$ for bitcoin at  2017 you will earn extra 10,000$ this years.
stop relaxing and buy more of bitcoins

He did not say that when you relaxed you would no longer do anything. There are many newbies here in bitcoin also in trading. He just used the word "relax" because some of newbie here there always says that its too late when the price of bitcoin too high and when the price getting low they afraid and they say "will bitcoin die?" This is his advice to encourage all newbies to wait and be patient because in the next days, months and years the price of bitcoin will continue rising.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
laowang666

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:53:27 AM

Yes, the great changes in the price of the currency recently make me feel worry, my mood is very poor, I want to sell the currency to reduce my loss, but I hold back, I don't go to see the price of the currency amount
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:50:14 AM

if people relax they will lost them chance. if you pay 2,000$ for bitcoin at  2017 you will earn extra 10,000$ this years.

He did not say that when you relaxed you would no longer do anything. There are many newbies here in bitcoin also in trading. He just used the word "relax" because some of newbie here there always says that its too late when the price of bitcoin too high and when the price getting low they afraid and they say "will bitcoin die?" This is his advice to encourage all newbies to wait and be patient because in the next days, months and years the price of bitcoin will continue rising.
yeah that's happening nowadays a lot of newbie say bitcoin will go down and die because they panic when the price goes down, they panic because they have never felt it before, it also happened to me a few years ago when I was still an early user but what they have to think is they should know that the price of the bitcoin is fluctuating, so the price up and down is reasonable, let alone down very deeply it's a natural thing to happen in bitcoin market, dont need to panic, stay calm and be patient
ClownSpider

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:44:34 PM

This is absolutely true. I tried day trading once and my mistakes were very costly compared to just holding coins for 3-6 months. You will get higher chances for profits and less room for mistakes.

Prettily sum up the point
Daytrade will eventually make you broke if you are not an experienced daytrader, panic sell, panic buy, late cutloss, etc
For newbies it is very advised to just hodl until you earn profit or atleast back to initial position where you bought it

I agree.  Just holding long term is super easy.  Year after year, month after month.
God Fist

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:49:52 PM

Actually people can use this opportunity to invest in bitcoin since it is decreasing and lots of people will be selling their funds to "cut off their losses" with a very seducing price and which is pocket friendly for those who hasn't a huge kick start budget . Moreover bitcoin price will increase certainly if people seize their chance and get some coins and actually keep them for as long as possible . Bitcoin does have some problems at the moment but everything will be okay very soon . Just stay away from people spreading rumors and false claims and you'll be fine .
nominee

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:51:27 PM

This is absolutely true. I tried day trading once and my mistakes were very costly compared to just holding coins for 3-6 months. You will get higher chances for profits and less room for mistakes.

Prettily sum up the point
Daytrade will eventually make you broke if you are not an experienced daytrader, panic sell, panic buy, late cutloss, etc
For newbies it is very advised to just hodl until you earn profit or atleast back to initial position where you bought it

I agree.  Just holding long term is super easy.  Year after year, month after month.

People can't do this because they want to be rich in short period of time. This is the worst thing ever for them but they don't know.

They make panic selling on the market and they cause more price drop.
01asd

Activity: 238
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:54:09 PM

if people relax they will lost them chance. if you pay 2,000$ for bitcoin at  2017 you will earn extra 10,000$ this years. Stop relaxing and buy more of bitcoins.
Actually people can use this opportunity to invest in bitcoin since it is decreasing and lots of people will be selling their funds to "cut off their losses" with a very seducing price and which is pocket friendly for those who hasn't a huge kick start budget . Moreover bitcoin price will increase certainly if people seize their chance and get some coins and actually keep them for as long as possible . Bitcoin does have some problems at the moment but everything will be okay very soon . Just stay away from people spreading rumors and false claims and you'll be fine.
Yes, it is true. I have the same opinion with you. I think people will be able to take advantage of this opportunity to buy and collect Bitcoin as much as possible. But there are also people who are afraid to buy and collect Bitcoin because maybe they are afraid that the price of Bitcoin will always come down from now and will not rise again. Or even they fear that Bitcoin will disappear from the market. And we must know that Bitcoin prices will continue to increase. Such price reductions are very normal and have often happened in the past. You will be surprised to see the rapidly growing and rising prices of Bitcoin that will happen soon.
thuyvoor

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:08:56 AM
Merited by JC btc (1)

Let me share to you some personal lessons and philosophies I have learned through my years of investing with Bitcoins and the stock market and how I’ve been trying to master some of them until this time.
Lesson #1
WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE THERE’S NO CONVICTION
Lesson #2
ALWAYS BE READY, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN
Lesson #3
STOP CHASING TAILS
Lesson #4
MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONS
Lesson #5
NEVER INVOLVE PEOPLE THAT YOU CANNOT MANAGE
Lesson #6
DON’T BE TOO GREEDY
THANK U  Smiley Smiley
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:39:35 AM

To study history has always been the best way to understand the present and foresee the future.
Newcomers should first give a look at the history of Bitcoin to understand how volatile it has always been.
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:53:00 AM

Let me share to you some personal lessons and philosophies I have learned through my years of investing with Bitcoins and the stock market and how I’ve been trying to master some of them until this time.
Lesson #1
WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE THERE’S NO CONVICTION
Lesson #2
ALWAYS BE READY, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN
Lesson #3
STOP CHASING TAILS
Lesson #4
MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONS
Lesson #5
NEVER INVOLVE PEOPLE THAT YOU CANNOT MANAGE
Lesson #6
DON’T BE TOO GREEDY
THANK U  Smiley Smiley

You are right, that traits also was what I learned during and while learning crypto, especially nowadays that we need to have a merit for us to rank up which other people are hard to do this should not happen guys don't be too greedy enough to give our smerit to people who are deserving especially newbies so for me I would choose to give them rather than keeping it to myself.
delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 12:32:48 PM

Yes, I agree. Since I'm also a newcomer to this forum, maybe I should learn to know the ins and outs of everything in this forum. Because that's why I want to try to be like those who are already successful.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Ms Emi

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

Complete transparency on your charitable donations

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:40:27 PM

Yeah Relax!!!!!!!!
BTC price will increase soon again, and while waiting do your part, learn more about bitcoin and its properties....

G i f t c o i n  ♥  Small change. Big impact.
ICO: 20th March 2018 (https://www.giftcoin.org/)
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:51:32 PM

This is not an ordinary "price" swing.  The end is near for legacy Bitcoin.
i wish that you can visit this thread again,and check what have you said in post..today bitcoin still struggling to move up from $11,000 (same as all the coins)and this is far from november when you sarcastically said the END OF BITCOIN LEGACY .but yet here is the coin alive and kicking.

But to the OP this is one good advice and i guess you deserve a merit on this one.
godblessyou12

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:14:32 PM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.

I agree with you man. Bitcoin tends to grow as years passes by so don't panic whenever there is a quick change in it's price since it will still grow back again.
yes i agree for your openion we need to look for long term not for the short term
Adeyemi

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:23:51 PM

The Bitcoin game is more than 90 minutes Smiley because it's unlike your conventional sports. It is real. It's unstable. It's volatile.

To understand this, you need to go through the history book of the game. The Bitcoin game started about 8 or 9 years ago. In those times, a lot of what is happening at the moment repeated themselves over and over again.

Be cool. Study Bitcoin. Read to understand the market. And you'll be fine. Just relax.
halenephthys

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:43:41 PM

Yes. It is one of the greatest advice we can give to newbies. Relax. I guess it is so ideal if we thought that bitcoin price will forever rise. Bitcoin price is known to fluctuate. It changes from time to time. When we see it drastically crash, there's no need to panic too much. We just have to believe in bitcoin technology. It did not fail us on the past years. So we just have to relax and wait and watch for it to make it way again to the top.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
richelle87

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:11:32 PM

My basic advice to Bitcoin newbies is this, Always take risk when it comes to investing/buying BTC. Because if your investment on BTC fails you'll learn, but if it succeeds and gets a return you'll be happy. Again, "ALWAYS TAKE RISKS".
ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:27:42 PM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.
From BTC all time high which was almost 20k$ it drops to 10k$ or even at 9k+$ almost 50% of all time high price though this may hurt you seeing your portfolio dropping by almost 50%. many newbie are panic selling and yelling why btc price is going down.  Much better to do average down  to lessen your loss. instead of panic selling once correction for btc is over expect huge run up

heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:40:09 PM

BTC corrections is usual market behaviour. So it is better to be long term holder and be patient with such corrections  Smiley Long term holders sometimes gain more profit than good traders Smiley

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
tophe15

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:50:13 PM

My basic advice to Bitcoin newbies is this, Always take risk when it comes to investing/buying BTC. Because if your investment on BTC fails you'll learn, but if it succeeds and gets a return you'll be happy. Again, "ALWAYS TAKE RISKS".
Hi there! Welcome to bitcointalk, taking risk every time is not that applicable if you have the choice of waiting for the right time. But, your opinion is just like my opinion when I started dealing with bitcoin, but as you get more and more knowledge about how to manage bitcoin you'll also learn that it's not the you take risk every time to learn if you fail but you can learn while not taking risk every time Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: