Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My advice to Bitcoin newbies: relax  (Read 4911 times)
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:57:18 PM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.

Most of the newbies will really panic when the value of their coins melt down on the market. The value of every coins in the market is always depending on the supply and demand so you just need to chill if your coins value is decreasing because eventually it will increase again after a few months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Philipping

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:17:07 AM

if people relax they will lost them chance. if you pay 2,000$ for bitcoin at  2017 you will earn extra 10,000$ this years.
stop relaxing and buy more of bitcoins
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:25:53 AM

if people relax they will lost them chance. if you pay 2,000$ for bitcoin at  2017 you will earn extra 10,000$ this years.
stop relaxing and buy more of bitcoins

It good opportunity for the future growth and you will learn more information and get some ideas for the future invest and improve the business process. Wait for the some time you will get the chance for join the campaign. It good opportunity to get some information and profit. It will connect the all country people. So you easy to get some ideas and share some process information. It time to accet process. So you will know it.
MattF24

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:28:38 AM

I would also like to add for the benefit of newbies: Holding for a longer time-frame gives better results than trading frequently.. More action = more chances for mistakes.
Tramle091296

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 12:32:01 AM

This is not an ordinary "price" swing.  The end is near for legacy Bitcoin.
I Think its not. Its to early to said that. If bitcoin ends what will happen to the altcoins???

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
vincentbeth934

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:34:16 AM

I would also like to add for the benefit of newbies: Holding for a longer time-frame gives better results than trading frequently.. More action = more chances for mistakes.

This is absolutely true. I tried day trading once and my mistakes were very costly compared to just holding coins for 3-6 months. You will get higher chances for profits and less room for mistakes.
elvinjamon

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:36:08 AM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.

I agree with you sir.  Newbies shoukd not hurry about earning money in bitcoin.  They should work hard to post to some topic or create topics otherwise.  They should know by now that bitcoin will increase in the long run
lyoth

Activity: 38
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:39:23 AM

This advice was good back then (right before our run to 20k) and is also good now. Dont get desperate because we havent seen growth in the short team. If you believe in the technology its very easy to hold and just relax.

Create Your Decentralized Life │ ESSENTIA │ One seed. Limitless opportunities (https://essentia.one)
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:53:55 AM

Most of the people who easily go into panic selling or dumping of their bitcoins are those emotional investors that is very new to crypto world. They only have bitcoins due to its hype and popularity now a days. I guess most of the newbies nowadays are into short term investment when it comes to bitcoin and other alt coins. I concur with your suggestions of not touching our coins when the value falls heavily.
derdgzmn30

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:03:00 AM

Just relax and have patience for waiting the highest value of bitcoin. That is the only tip I can give to newbies in this cryptocurrency industry.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:04:34 AM

Yes. Indeed, just relax and wait. Patience is virtue. All things does not come as quickly as you think possibly it could be. You have to wait for a long long time, well waiting it is worth you won't regret I guaranteed. For about approximately 2 to 3 months only, the treasure is waiting for you to grabbed it.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:12:12 AM

I agree with your words but on the other hand due to my losses we have to quit at some level otherwise the loss will increase.

that is why we should only invest what we can afford to lose, do not invest all you money and i am not talking about bitcoin alone, in all kinds of investments, we should remember this, invest only some extra money, and putting money in bitcoin does not guarantee you a 100% returns, you just have to play it wiser, all we need is a good timing, that is the essence of investing. buy when it is low then sell if it is high. do not reverse it otherwise you will lose much likely all your money. volatility is risky, play it wise and you will benefit from its movements. good luck mate.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:21:01 AM

very good advice, I appreciate your statement. yes, I as a beginner little understand how the fluctuation and technical bitcoin graph, I will keep bitcoin up to the moon, then I will take advantage.
I've also been looking for profits from trading, but I only get a little profit.

White32

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:31:04 AM

My advice to the newbies is be patience and learn to wait the result for what you did. Success is not come easily the time that we expect for. Just do your best and beware for choosing the ICO you'll want to join for cause some of these are just a scam.

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
yubsep

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:31:51 AM

Good advice for beginners. Holding for long term investment, if you can't handle you trade without losing.
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:58:27 AM

Panicking is always a problem for a newbies when bitcoin price is dumping. We cannot blame them because maybe they still don't know yet how digital cryptocurrency works that's why the are panicking. It is up to them if they want to sell their coins because in the end they will gain knowledge if they made a wrong decision.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:20:43 AM

This is absolutely true. I tried day trading once and my mistakes were very costly compared to just holding coins for 3-6 months. You will get higher chances for profits and less room for mistakes.

Prettily sum up the point
Daytrade will eventually make you broke if you are not an experienced daytrader, panic sell, panic buy, late cutloss, etc
For newbies it is very advised to just hodl until you earn profit or atleast back to initial position where you bought it

Geoll29

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:32:30 AM

They strategy in investing whether it is through bitcoin or stocks is to keep buying if the price is low. Hold it if you think the price is near its peak. Don't wait for the peak price because no one really knows what the peak price will be. Then sell it if you think you earned enough.

Generalbablita

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:33:24 AM

Thanks for the tip. I'm trying to maximize my time in this forum by learning as much as I can. And posts like this are really helpful.
ridgeview123

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:40:13 AM

Really good advice, especially when I saw the time when this posted was created and the then price of bitcoin. Your suggestion was proved to be correct and hope this will be the rule for future as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: