Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:43:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Do People Desire What's Not Theirs  (Read 2839 times)
sp564

Activity: 86
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:56:56 PM

On a very basic level it has to do with our biology. Mechanisms that drive any animals (humans included) towards things that make them more likely to survive, and away from things which are dangerous, would have been selected for by evolution. Often, things that are worthwhile having are already owned by others, but that makes no difference to the innate desire to strive towards a salient or important stimulus such as an attractive partner or a nice shelter (house). It's a sad evolutionary hangover, but the bright side is that once we acknowledge this fact, we can design our environment in such a way as to help reduce such desires. For example, I used to desire cigarettes a lot but when I quit I made sure not to have them around and to let my friends know not to give me any &c. Similarly, if everyone in society has enough, and if we take the time to reflect and be grateful for what we have and also to help others, there is less chance for covetousness and untoward desires to arise or to be acted upon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seandiumx20

Activity: 312
Merit: 109

arcs-chain.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 05:58:22 PM

People like them are greedy and aren't contented on what they have. They can't afford it so that the only thing they can't think of is to get it from others. They can't accept that they are not with the same level of others.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Awnar

Activity: 230
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:04:07 PM

I do sometimes observe this. If i see something i like but it is not owned by someone, its ok. But their are times that when someone is utilizing that same thing i want in different way, something is off and i want to use it on my own ways. Others may feel jealousy especially when the desire is a human being.
BetBet

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:07:28 PM

God never wrong choice. God knows who is entitled and who has no right. Our task, is to be grateful for what we have now. So many of God's blessings to us, but we do not seem to know it. sometimes we are given health, but forgot to give thanks. God gives us the opportunity to breathe, but sometimes we forget it too, do not even want to give it a blessing .
engrdaver

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:28:15 AM

I don't mean just seeing something nice and wanting to have something like that. Some people would not mind doing anything to take what belongs to another. Why do we have people like that?

desire is such a strong word, maybe people just want or wish to have the same so as to know what it would feel like what other people have. im not envious by nature but sometimes i too am curious as to what it would be like if i have what other people do. what would i be doing differently if i were in somebody else's shoe.  Wink
agapot

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:18:22 PM

Attraction is normal but need to ask some guidance and advise to anybody who knows more of it so that we know our desires belongs for good.
Ginosaur15

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:31:26 PM

People desire what's not theirs because of envy on Happiness other's feel by having it. We can wish/desire to have like what other's had but we shouldn't have whats theirs.

SandaraPark

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:15:38 PM

I don't mean just seeing something nice and wanting to have something like that. Some people would not mind doing anything to take what belongs to another. Why do we have people like that?

It is mainly because there are people that is born with greediness. Selfish people can't accept on the state they are living and jealous of other people, of what they are and what they have. They have no choice but to take what belongs to others since they can't have it on their own. They should learn how to be content and find other ways to be happy.
Sneginka111

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:57:14 PM

Well, taking something from someone is one of the easiest ways to acquire said something.
It's a predatory world, get over it. Some people are just born predators.
Bobthethird

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:04:09 PM

Because your neighbour´s grass is always greener than yours.
As long as one does not own smething, one sees only the positive things about something.
mhydg

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:41:07 PM

well that's greed..
Hellokitty09

Activity: 180
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:06:44 PM

People like them are greedy and aren't contented on what they have. They can't afford it so that the only thing they can't think of is to get it from others. They can't accept that they are not with the same level of others.

Wanting what others have is not showing that to be greedy, it is depend on the purpose of a person. They are wanting what they don't have yet because they want some changes on their life. They wanted something new. It is not bad to desire what others unless you do bad things to that person for you to have that.
Samj16

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:39:34 PM

Maybe because those people are not contented on what they have,thats why they are wanting more and that cause a person to become greedy.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Olivernelson

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:46:47 PM

It's just because of jealousy and greed. People tend not to be contented with what they have, no matter how much it appears to be.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:10:45 PM

Uncontentment I think is the reason why people posses to have what's not theirs. They feel envy or jealous with the achievements of others that's why they want to get it even in illegal way. Their enviness leads them to sin that sometimes they hurt others which is not good. We must be thankful for what we have.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
red00

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

"The Cash Back Cryptocurrency"

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:58:16 AM

i think its natural for people desire whats not their because their not contended and most people greedy on everything

_C A S H B A G_
│     THE CASH BACK CRYPTOCURRENCY     │
PRE-SALE OPEN  |  Get 40% Bonus
basel21

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:23:12 AM

because they not contended what GODs given
if they gain something they want more just like your eating a lot but your tummy didnt get full
Intellectual Romanticist

Activity: 283
Merit: 23

TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 08:43:18 AM

We were hardwired that way. We are attracted to the things that we do not have.

Remember the saying "You won't miss the water until it's gone."

How about that oxygen that when will kill us after 6 mins of being deprived? Do we fantasize about it? Do we really feel attracted about it? I don't think so.

Intellectual Romanticist
Intelligence Wisdom Courage Honor Integrity Consistency Strength Perseverance Romance
Abe Token | Ethereum Limited | Citereum | Bitcoin One | ExpressCoin
Ktsy

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:59:11 AM

I can't agree that it's about angry/envy  or jealousy ..it's more like achivements which you also need to earn..like competitive instinc)
Jorge158

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 09:32:54 AM

People are so selfish now and are so addicted to enjoying the worldly life like more girls,  more drinks and others. They will just do anything possible to get what they want not considering whether they will hurt others or not.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                          
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: