Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:50:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Do People Desire What's Not Theirs  (Read 2840 times)
Squishy01

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:02:42 AM

It is because envy is natural for us humans as a species, as well as in other animals. Although it is normal, we should not let envy get the better of ourselves. No matter how envious we are, it should not push us to actually take something away from others.

Just to avoid confusion, being envious is different from being jealous.Envy is wanting what others have, while jealousy is the fear or the feeling of not wanting others to take what is already yours.

Paydiamond

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:22:30 AM

I desire the acceptance of others to give me hope. When that notion interferes with the lies my parents told me about myself and those lies killed my self-esteem, acceptance can be a vital fuel for me as a human. It can define my social life.
randall_boss

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:12:55 PM

I guess, as they say, the grass is always greener on the other side. It often feels like other people have it better than we do. Part of the reason for this is that we don't know what struggle they have. Some may use similar logic to justify stealing. They may think, "he's so wealthy and I'm so poor. I deserve this more than he does." This, of course, is horrible thinking. I can speak for myself in saying that there are certainly some things I want, but I would be much prefer earning them myself. I don't actually want to take anything from anybody else. I'm happy to buy them from the store.  Wink
jordanamg

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:46:51 AM

Lack of self respected and self discipline mainly. At the end of the day it's human to want what others want and be jealous but acting on that in a malicious way is lack of a strong character.
Soundy
Copper Member

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:52:20 AM

Because of greediness, wanting to desperately have what you didn't work for.

icostairs

Activity: 28
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:29:05 PM

I think it is natural to want more, but when we become jealous of others and we'd even want to have what they have at their expense, I think it will lead to bitterness and poverty. If we are joyful when those around us have more, it shows maturity and that we are ready to have more too.
Jboikoin

Activity: 148
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:38:09 AM

Normally there are two huge factors that brings this. One is jealousy and the other is hatred in the heart. The reason why these things happens are, the one being jealous put themselves in your shoes and see how amazing that thing is working for you and start wishing if it could be theirs. If does not happening for them, then they start putting every possible measures to make that thing theirs by any means which is either good or bad way.
snowy1

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:42:29 AM

HUMAN NATURE HAS MADE IT SO, SOME PEOPLE EVEN HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH AND STILL STILL NOT BE SATISFIED AND THIS IS MOSTLY COMMON WITH PEOPLE THAT HAVE GREED,ENVY, PRIDE AND LONG THROAT. I BELIEVE THIS IS SOMETHING THAT CANNOT BE EASILY CHANGED IN MAN UNLESS THROUGH THE INTERVENTION OF GOD.
Egorka1993

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:41:33 AM

вoзмoжнo oни пepeoцeнивaют cвoи вoзмoжнocти
HaniBaloch

Activity: 135

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:52:03 AM

this is people nature that they want to have everything which other have because desires never be finished.......
tinent5

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:00:19 PM

Honestly I don't know. since I grew up alone most of my life money has always been there for me. Being alone doesn't bother me. For me I like the satisfaction I get from working to earn money that's just me. It's like my drug, I invest in a stock and I get more than I invested, it makes me feel really happy. I can't explain why this happens but I feel like I'm mr krabs from sponge bob I like earning money and not spending a lot of it only on the things I need.
Megi Ainul Y

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:43:36 PM

desires or lopes can affect our minds more.so people always think of what they don`t own
Bulltomoon

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:05:30 AM

Sometimes they called ''fate''
ramuscular

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:55:47 PM

Roy Baumeister and Mark Leary (1995) argue that the need to belong is a fundamental human need to form and maintain at least a minimum amount of lasting, positive, and significant interpersonal relationships. Satisfying this need requires (a) frequent, positive interactions with the same individuals, and (b) engaging in these interactions within a framework of long-term, stable care and concern.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: