Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:55:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Too late to invest in cryptos if you're old?  (Read 5855 times)
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:51:10 AM

It's never too late or too early. All that matters is understanding what you are investing in and why. Will BTC outperform the stock market over the next 20 years? If you think so, then it is obviously not too late at all.

As always though, diversification is key. A balanced portfolio should includes multiple asset classes, and as long as BTC is viewed as one of those asset classes then I see no problem with it. Dumping all your savings into BTC and hoping for the best, is obviously not s strategy, but pure speculation.

Cliché as it may sound but the saying "it's never too late to try something new" and "age doesn't matter" is something that is very applicable in this situation. As Marileno emphasized on what he/she said, what matters most is the capacity to understand the concept of Bitcoin. When one truly comprehends the structure of something, then dealing with it won't be a problem. Awareness to its value is also important as you need to make smart choices when it comes to your assets. So with regards to the situation, age or time should not be a limitation in investing through Bitcoin.
rube08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:54:03 AM

I would advise your older friend to invest a little of his retirement in bitcoin but there is always a risk.  Don't let him convert every fiat currency he owns and invest 100 percent in bitcoin.  The old adage is only invest what you can afford to lose.  At least when he invests some of his money, he could make a good profit for his children to inheret once bitcoin is extremely popular with the general public.
Ethan_Locke

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Make a Bet, Make a Bit!

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:01:17 AM

It is never too late to invest, providing that they spread their risk. The process of adding another 'nest egg' so to speak if an excellent idea, in fact, it may help them to have a more comfortable retirement along with potentially providing further benefit to their family in terms of inheritance later on down the line. I say go for it!

MECKABIT ║█║║█║ MAKE A BET, MAKE A BIT! ║█║║█║ MECKABIT
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰❰  PLAY FOR FREE  ❱❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
INSTANT DEPOSITS PROMOTIONAL EVENTS PROVABLY FAIR
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:29:50 AM

What would you guys advise someone who is retired, living off pension and savings? Is it too late/risky to invest at that kind of age?
Do you guys think the elderly have a chance of jumping on the crypto train, or do you guys think it's too late for them to invest?

Investing on bitcoin doesn't requires age limit, it is all for those who wanted to do bitcoin to earn some living, if you are an old person, you can still invest on bitcoin as long as you have the money, invest now and you could see its worth in the long run, there's no need to hesitate, bitcoin is the most amazing coin here in this crypto world.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:37:56 AM

What would you guys advise someone who is retired, living off pension and savings? Is it too late/risky to invest at that kind of age?
Do you guys think the elderly have a chance of jumping on the crypto train, or do you guys think it's too late for them to invest?

Investing on bitcoin doesn't requires age limit, it is all for those who wanted to do bitcoin to earn some living, if you are an old person, you can still invest on bitcoin as long as you have the money, invest now and you could see its worth in the long run, there's no need to hesitate, bitcoin is the most amazing coin here in this crypto world.
Age is just a calculation to know how long we've traveled in our life. This doesn't have anything to be related to the bitcoin or other digital currencies. Maybe they could have missed the chances of investing at lower price compared to the price that it has reached at present. Even the younger generation feels that they are late into the community, still tries to keep themselves active for a better future through bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
real_links

Activity: 188

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:21:16 AM

Me I feel it's late, except all his account is combined with someone which is far younger than him, Because in crypto if you die anytime all your accounts die with you. Now imagine a family man puts the whole money in crypto at age 75 and dies. That's the end
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:30:47 AM

I don’t think it is too late for any age to invest in crypto, as long as the elderly is open minded and interested, he can join in anytime. As for investing, it is good to invest the money that you are alright with losing it. Hence I will advise the elderly to invest a small % (maybe 10%?) of his/her pension and savings.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:39:51 AM

I think nothing is too late, my uncle is also very interested to invest in Bitcoin after seeing the Bitcoin price continues to rise. and now my uncle has invested his money for Bitcoin.
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:54:44 AM

I dont also think its too late, because bitcoin is rapidly expands , if you invest now probably a few months from now, 100% its value will surely pumps up and you still benefited of it, its not too late.. go for it, make money:)
alfstep

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

Here I come! Again!

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:37:27 AM

I do think so, more stable investment is more preferrable for old people so that they can retire in peace Grin
Stock is considered high risk because of its volatility, crypto is even mpre volatile than stock

lorenilla__

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:44:56 AM

I don't think that you have to be insecure about that because of your age. As other situations, you have to be curious and also smart to know what to do and the most important thing, how to do it. Cryptocurrencies, as I can see from my perspective, does not care about age...cares about enthusiasm, intelligence, will to collaborate and strategy.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:46:15 AM

It's a steep learning curve but it's always worth getting in on new technology when you're older. You may not be able to HODL for 50 years but why would that mean you shouldn't enjoy financial freedom from governments and banks while you can?
Oliver2

Activity: 132

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:57:06 AM

Although now it seems the password is up a lot of, in fact now is only the initial stage of investment password, so if you choose to invest password, so it is not late, bitcoins and other currencies will continue to rise.
chuoinguyen227

Activity: 169

Vite

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:07:09 AM

There will be old people who would love to invest in bitcoins, simply because it's their hobby, their pleasure. And the laws does not prohibit old people from investing in bitcoins. So, nothing is too late
I have the same idea, some of my uncles are old, but are still investing in virtual currency and bitcoin ... We are still young, so should we invest a lot in bitcoin?

⚫     ViteX    
|     Exchange By The Community,For The Community     |
Bitcointalk  DEX  |  Website  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
ninabobo

Activity: 463

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:12:36 AM

I think there is nothing wrong with age, it can be done for all ages. I think old and young dont make any difference it's a secret of nature about age. so I think you can invest. and to keep things that you do not want, you can make a will for someone you trust.

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:16:28 AM

Last time I checked, Bitcoin did not come with a age criteria, anyone and everyone can invest at any period of time. Now answering your questions, at your age assuming you're quite old, do you have benefactor who's going to gain from your investment or its only you who's looking for extra income. If it's a benefactor you could invest a good amount and let him have it later. If it's you, then I would advise you to invest 10-30% of your surplus money and earn from it.
kueyen

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:53:15 AM

It's not too late for anything. Bitcoin is nothing other than a means of investing your money. Do you get too old to buy property? To have a bank account? Although the methods are different, the idea behind bitcoin is the same.

ab007

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:57:29 AM

No its not the matter of age which keeps you away from investing in bitcoins actually its the beauty of bitcoins that its free from any sort of age restrictions nor its too late the world is investing in it with handsome amount in return so its the best time to invest in its never too late.
Laland

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

Bounty manager

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:59:32 AM

The price is going up everytime. So it is not too late but also it is worthless if you always wait and wait and not having profits. For me , i would try keep watch on news to know when prices will go up and when to sell them.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:04:38 AM

It is never too late. If someone is willing to accept the new technology(or opportunity) then his age does not matter. Maybe his retired period will going be more exciting than his working period.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: