Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:26:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Too late to invest in cryptos if you're old?  (Read 5861 times)
lelahkenabanned

Activity: 329
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:45:18 AM

What would you guys advise someone who is retired, living off pension and savings? Is it too late/risky to invest at that kind of age?
Do you guys think the elderly have a chance of jumping on the crypto train, or do you guys think it's too late for them to invest?

it seems not too late if you are investing in altcoin whose price is still cheap because it can be like a time bomb that suddenly the price can be very expensive, I recommend buying altcoin whose price is still under $ 1-5.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:47:36 AM

I don't think that if we are too old, we cannot join into the crypto world because as far as I know, there is a member here that has a grandma that also using bitcoin and his grandma really understand with bitcoin but unfortunately, I forget his name. as long as that person wants to learn about cryptocurrency especially bitcoin and he have money, then I think he can invest in bitcoin and altcoin. I think in out there, there are any of the old men that using bitcoin too but we don't know who is he and I think he is enjoying his day by using bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
payyy

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:50:32 AM

Why would it be a problem? The age doesn't mean anything about how much money you can invest or how much time do you have to invest. It is all about how smart you are, and honestly, if you invest in cryptos, is because you are smart enough
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:00:35 AM

Nope its is not too late to invest if you are old, there is no age limit in investing unless you dont know what it is, you can invest if you want, ether your old or young, it depends on you.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:04:49 AM

What is the definition of late?  One Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar retires from world class cricketer at the age 35 because he is "old" at the play ground on the other hand Mr Rahul Gandhi President of Indian National Congress at the age of 50 is called as young leader in Indian politics.  The other example is the president of USA.  Mr. Barrack Obama retired at the age of around 55 and current president Mr Trump takes charge as president of USA at the age around 70.  

So we see it is not the age which make a man old, it is thought which makes a man young and old.  A man at the age of 40 is old man for the boy aged 10 but is very young for the man who is aged 90 years.  So who is old? a man of 40 years or 90.  I think for younger all the elders are old persons but for elders all the youngsters are young.  So age does not decide the elderness, it is just thought which makes a man old.

A man retires at the age of 60 may think himself old and become sick and lazy all the time worrying about his health and wealth.  On the other hand a man when retires at the age of 60 may treat himself very lucky man because now he is free from all his liabilities.  At this age he is having sufficient time which he can utilise in gaining health by exercise; yoga and he is free to gain knowledge about financial markets in case he is interested in investing or doing business at old ages.

Investing in cryptos after studying properly by any person is definitely not late at any stage of life because a man is never old if he maintains his physical and  mental health good by practicing Yoga Pranayama (deep breathing exercises) and / or  exercise.
napi

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:09:05 AM

What would you guys advise someone who is retired, living off pension and savings? Is it too late/risky to invest at that kind of age?
Do you guys think the elderly have a chance of jumping on the crypto train, or do you guys think it's too late for them to invest?

yes it does seem to have a slight delay to play cryptocurrency but we can inherit the wealth assets we have in cryptocurrency for our children and grandchildren so they can continue your game, and teach them how to play bitcoin.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:19:39 AM

Of course they're not too old.  Honestly, any of could get hit by a bus or suffer some other misfortune tomorrow, yet that doesn't stop us from investing in crypto for the future.  So then, why wouldn't older people be able to get involved in crypto?  For most of them, there's no known 'expiry'  date, so just because they're old, doesn't mean they're not going to live until much older.  Of course, understanding crypto, from a conceptual standpoint, is another kettle of fish.  My father-in-law is constantly asking me how it works, then shakes his head and walks away. (or maybe i just suck at explaining  Grin )
josephinerosdy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:02:03 AM

there is no limit age for investment. feel free to invest in crypto.
no time too late to try something new as long as we are alive

bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:27:45 AM

As every investment is Risky, investing in crypto is risky, too. Anyone investing in crypto should use the spare money only, now anything (like selling your home, retirement money etc) you depend on every day.

now, about the senior person and investing in the crypto issue - well, I even know some people who are smarter and adventurer than I am and those people are like 15/20 years older than me and they always love to learn new things. I am telling this as I suggest people to invest in crypto if only he/she understand it and is/are able to take that kinds risk.

so, your senior person, if he/she understands crypto and basics of investing, and can invest the SPARE MONEY, yes, he/she is welcome.
naufals4

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:39:34 AM

no it is not to late if you want to jump into cryptocurrency world, cause cryptocurrency world didn't see you old or young you can still get into this even for people that retired from his job and an old people still can do it, but the difficult is to teaching them about it i think.

orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:05:17 AM

It is never too old to invest. It is like saying is it too old to invest in stocks? You can invest for your future or you can invest for family. You can invest to try to become a millionaire. All options are open. Take caution and do your own research.

Age doesn't matter when it comes to investing. You may see investors who still engage in investing (not only with cryptos) despite their age. Being old doesn't prevent you from doing so and being a well seasoned veteran of investing is actually an edge because of all the experience that may have gathered throughout the years. There's no restrictions when it comes to investing - just some risks. Good luck, OP!
moonchaser_babylove28

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:08:42 AM

This is a big mistake, any age is still capable of investing, but for the retirees it is not that advisable since they do have limited time frame to play in their investment. What is important is to learn first what they are getting in, any business or any investment we are getting in.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:13:10 AM

If there means buy and hold for long only, then investing in cryptos not depend from age.
But trading, prediction what altcoins price going up, bounty campaigns etc can be hard for old man who dont fully understand how work blockchains

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
liangweicha

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:19:32 AM

Indeed, generally speaking, the elderly can't afford to take the big risk, and all the investment in cryptocurrency is a very risky thing. I don't recommend investing.

dmgrinko1@gmail.com

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:31:19 AM

If you are old, you cant invest for long term, year or two for example. Just do not trade, cause you will lost money. Good luck
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:35:30 AM

Old age is not an obstacle, we can advise our retired relatives to invest in bitcoin. Explain to them, but do not force them to invest. Let those who decide for themselves whether to invest or enjoy their old age without interruption.
You may want to rethink that now, being old is an impediment to hold bitcoin for the long term, what are you going to do if you invest in bitcoin and then suddenly everything goes down and you lose a lot of money and due to some emergency related to your health you are forced to cash out even when the price is that bad.

I agree with the statements above 👆
Old people should just enjoy their retirement benefits. For me it was not necessary to convince them to invest in bitcoin,  we should not let put them in a risky situation where they can lose those amounts of hard earned savings. Yes it was not too late but it doesn't mean they must take the risk.

edzquimno16

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:38:39 AM

Hhmmm, I don't think so if investing to cryptocurrency is too late. There's no too late in crypto world . If you can invest then GO ! If you can perform trading or mining then go .Go with your heart
For you to succeed.
Hope it helps !
edzquimno16

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:50:29 AM

If you are old, you cant invest for long term, year or two for example. Just do not trade, cause you will lost money. Good luck

If you're old still invest and trade, Just let your family or elder family to engage into what you're doing so that they will absorb what you do, By  the time your passed away your youngest member of the family will catch what you trade and invest.
Hope it help to guide the old man  to engage into crypto world Cheesy
Godbless
xMKB

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:06:06 AM

It depends on the person rather than his age, i think if he is willing to discover something new and put in the effort to study it than its no different than someone young. Old people can make better decisions because the older you get the wiser you are.
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:11:05 AM

of course not
absolutely not late
this can be seen from the dynamics of growth

Its not too late to invest in bitcoin even you are old. Furthermore, I think if you have a chance to invest in earlier you could gain much income in the future. Do not waste your time and just focus in investing and earn high income in the near future. Just invest in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: