Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:03:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MY MEW WALLET GOT HACKED!  (Read 398 times)
angga3982 (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:33:01 AM

HI Everyone I just want to share my experience of losing my tokens that I got from the AIRDROPS and Bounty! I am just a newbie in this kind of field, but I am already aware with the warnings of all these Phising  Site evewrywhere, Sometimes we will not learn until we never experience..

Friday night I was participating in a bounty,and was directed to check my email for the copy of response since It was not listed on the INBOX , so I try to check it on the SPAM mail.. until I was directed to this 1 message that my etherdelta was logged in in different IP Address http://pic.twitter.com/5HBu2gGY0u,

So what I did , I followed the instruction in the email I click the link https://ether-delta.com/2fa/#PPT-ETH signed my wallet and the private key and then I click send.. Then I noticed opppsss, the URL is different, I knew it immediately that it was a phising site ,, I was in a sudden rush what should I do, I open the genuine EtherDElta and ask the for help. I transfer some of my Funds but not all since  I dont have enough fund for gas fee.. the following morning the hacker funded my wallet and transfer potential tokens Angry
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:16:39 AM

It has been advised many times  that you should never follow any links that arrive in your email.
The website you have mentioned here, looks literally to etherdelta. Even a veteran person can make mistake if not notice URL.
There is a slight differance between original website "etherdelt.com" and fake "ether-delta.com.
Be careful next time you enter url manually so that you would not be hacked
dadandandadan

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:48:10 PM

Its already been said to MEW and Etherdelta site that they don't hold your private key for you and you only you are the one who are responsible for your own security. Its sad to say that MEW can't help you about your problem but i find you clever to transfer all your tokens as possible as you can. I may give you some tips to track that bullsh*T but its hard to assure that it would work. What i think is that you contact and report the email who emailed you that malicious message and try asking if they can help you to ban such email and track them out. But i think its a total waste of time but its your choose just an idea an opinion hope that it somewhat help.
Better take this mishap as a lesson for you and a warning for us.
Better check double check the URL of the site before giving or logging in your private keys.

fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:05:13 PM

Even the eth address of my sister was hacked,  the coins that comes on airdrops were stolen.
What im thinking now is she never revealed her private keys to anyone or accidentally put it on the spreasheet, but how come somebody can access her eth wallet.

anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:21:04 AM

yes it's a phishing site, preferably before you enter any site, you must be more thorough and check the address of the site correctly. do not click on any links you get from emails and source of the sender you do not know.

to op please address the phishing site that you delete.
mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:38:40 AM

Hackers will do anything just to scam or steal money from other people, cause in internet hackers are everywhere hiding in different ips for them not to trace, everybody should be aware that do not click any link that they recieve always remembet " think before you click"
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:16:12 AM

I hope that your losses were small and you learnt a lesson that would definitely help you in the long run.
I advise you to bookmark the legit site links so that you may not fall for such common phishing attempts in the future.
Be extremely cautious when you enter your private keys !

I would advise you to remove the phishing link from the op.

withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:04:49 PM

There are too many spam posts coming into my email about myetherwallet as well in different names. You should avoid all of these email by easily, don't ever look that mails.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:59:40 AM

Even the eth address of my sister was hacked,  the coins that comes on airdrops were stolen.
What im thinking now is she never revealed her private keys to anyone or accidentally put it on the spreasheet, but how come somebody can access her eth wallet.
It is maybe because she gave her private key on one of the airdrops that she particpate with, because there are plenty of scam airdrop who are requiring you to send your private key maybe this one is the reason.

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:50:33 AM

It is maybe because she gave her private key on one of the airdrops that she particpate with, because there are plenty of scam airdrop who are requiring you to send your private key maybe this one is the reason.
Just be careful next time when joining airdrops , sometimes you already give your private keys without knowing it , you will  only notice that you made a mistake when you  enter your mew account all your tokens were gone.
akirafes

Activity: 231

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:52:05 PM

be careful next time when joining airdrops I will remember this.
MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:20:39 PM

EtherDelta is so dangerous! It have uor wallet number and key. And if it want, it can steal our coins in wallet.
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:33:40 AM

EtherDelta is so dangerous! It have uor wallet number and key. And if it want, it can steal our coins in wallet.

EtherDelta is not dangerous, phishing sites are. In any kind of cryptocurrency exchanges out there you must be vigilant if the one you are using is the real and legitimate. Creating Ethereum address is unlimited so you can create as many as you want to be able to separate your tokens or Ether, don't rely on one address only just like in any other Altcoins.

The OP admitted that he is aware of this phishing sites yet he still accidentally sent his tokens. We can't do anything about it as it's already done and there is no legal way in retrieving it back. Securing our own cryptocurrency addresses is a must.
texasman86

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:13:23 AM

Yikes! gotta check the url before using your private keys.  ALL exchanges have phishing sites, especially ED and MEW.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:38:38 PM

It's not, read what OP said before posting.
OP was victim of phishing site, which you can see from link which he provided.
People should be careful with their money and not click on random links.
fourpiece

Activity: 821

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:07:13 PM

No one is safe now in the world of cryptocurrency,we should be all aware with this  form of stealing money from other people. Everyone should think before clicking any link that isbsent to them,otherwise say goodbye to your coins.

marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:14:46 AM

Many people are giving lot of suggestion not to share your private key and not to click any link without knowing anything about it. You should be very careful while clicking these links. Check twice before sharing anything to unidentified person, from now onwards you have to be very careful.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:33:51 AM

HI Everyone I just want to share my experience of losing my tokens that I got from the AIRDROPS and Bounty! I am just a newbie in this kind of field, but I am already aware with the warnings of all these Phising  Site evewrywhere, Sometimes we will not learn until we never experience..

Friday night I was participating in a bounty,and was directed to check my email for the copy of response since It was not listed on the INBOX , so I try to check it on the SPAM mail.. until I was directed to this 1 message that my etherdelta was logged in in different IP Address ,

So what I did , I followed the instruction in the email I click the link https://ether-delta.com/2fa/#PPT-ETH signed my wallet and the private key and then I click send.. Then I noticed opppsss, the URL is different, I knew it immediately that it was a phising site ,, I was in a sudden rush what should I do, I open the genuine EtherDElta and ask the for help. I transfer some of my Funds but not all since  I dont have enough fund for gas fee.. the following morning the hacker funded my wallet and transfer potential tokens Angry
This is a fake address! Only used : https://etherdelta.com/ and bookmark it for next times!
you can check  https://etherdelta.com/ Notices

The only official URL for EtherDelta is https://etherdelta.com. Bookmark it once and use the bookmark.

Do not send your tokens directly to the smart contract, or they will be lost and unrecoverable. Use the Deposit form (upper left) to send the proper deposit transaction.

The only official representatives in the chat room are ETHERDELTAZACK_TWITTER, ETHERDELTAREP1_TWITTER, ETHERDELTAREP2_TWITTER, ETHERDELTAREP3_TWITTER, ETHERDELTAREP4_TWITTER, and ETHERDELTAUX_TWITTER.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 09:22:53 AM

MEW is actually not a wallet, but only provides the interface only
you should use Mist or Parity or my recommendation, use MetaMask (Extension from Google chrome)

MetaMask size not more than 15Mb and does not require node synchronization
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 09:38:21 AM

I see from the website you mentioned above is obviously phising because Etherdelta does not provide 2fa for users that use ED, that why your MEW got hacked, again do not click links from email better use bookmark and check extension every time when use ED or MEW.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: