Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:45:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have I lost my Bitcash coins forever? (Bitcoin Fork)  (Read 249 times)
BitcoinCollectorX (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:23:15 PM

Hi folks,

I haven't been following 'Bitcoin' for a while, I took a break from it all. On returning, I found that I was entitled to 'Bitcash coins' to the equivalent of what I had in my 'Bitcoin' investment. Unfortunately, I missed the fork on 'August 1st' I did not have my 'Wallet.dat' file present on my desktop, in my Bitcoin wallet while the fork was occurring. I had it in external storage instead. At present, I do not have a bitcoin wallet installed on my desktop either.

Is it possible to recover these Bitcash coins? or have I messed up and lost them forever?

Many thanks.

BitcoinCollectorX.

Str1x

Activity: 140
Merit: 33

Buy me a beer 13mVkBy6HVwKuNovaWzYdF27FB6pLqoJtr

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:28:09 PM

Hi folks,

I haven't been following 'Bitcoin' for a while, I took a break from it all. On returning, I found that I was entitled to 'Bitcash coins' to the equivalent of what I had in my 'Bitcoin' investment. Unfortunately, I missed the fork on 'August 1st' I did not have my 'Wallet.dat' file present on my desktop, in my Bitcoin wallet while the fork was occurring. I had it in external storage instead. At present, I do not have a bitcoin wallet installed on my desktop either.

Is it possible to recover these Bitcash coins? or have I messed up and lost them forever?

Many thanks.

BitcoinCollectorX.

If you had bitcoins at the moment the fork started than you will have bitcoin cash funded. It doesn't matter whether you have the bitcoins on a cold wallet or not, due to the fact that the bitcoins you have are stored on the blockchain and linked to that adress and those bitcoins were used to determine the bitcoin cash that would have been given out.

This can maybe help you further: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078292.0

BitcoinCollectorX (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:04:46 PM

That's great news Str1x. I was concerned I had lost them. I will take a read of that link now. Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: