Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:55:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The end is near  (Read 17347 times)
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:28:58 PM

Happy, non-self-suffient slaves who believe to be free. This is the tragedy of this first collectivist epoch in the history of mankind (pyrozen) that began about 10'000 years ago and is ending now.

I have seen a few aspects of your past arguments that I didn't find coherent, but before judging anything I thought I would like you to explain the above quote as I see some ideas in there I don't understand.

thanks.

It means that the first collectivist epoch (Pyrocene - the last 10'000 years) in the history of mankind is a tragedy, which is based on the institutionally brainwashed happy slaves who gave up their historic self-sufficiency in exchange to a 'life' as a divided slave worker within an unnatural construction of a monogamous pairing family, which they call a free life, while it is in fact an existence as a dependent dependant.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Albert Speer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:56:57 PM

Throughout history there hasbeen end sayers... No the end is not near.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 08:22:02 PM

Happy, non-self-suffient slaves who believe to be free. This is the tragedy of this first collectivist epoch in the history of mankind (pyrozen) that began about 10'000 years ago and is ending now.

I have seen a few aspects of your past arguments that I didn't find coherent, but before judging anything I thought I would like you to explain the above quote as I see some ideas in there I don't understand.

thanks.

It means that the first collectivist epoch (Pyrocene - the last 10'000 years) in the history of mankind is a tragedy, which is based on the institutionally brainwashed happy slaves who gave up their historic self-sufficiency in exchange to a 'life' as a divided slave worker within an unnatural construction of a monogamous pairing family, which they call a free life, while it is in fact an existence as a dependent dependant.

Can you describe how you believe your ideal society should lice? What exactly do we need to abandon, and change to be like what you think we should be like?
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:58:38 AM

thanks.

Can you describe how you believe your ideal society should lice? What exactly do we need to abandon, and change to be like what you think we should be like?

We should abandon the society.
trashymonkey

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:14:35 AM

People have been yelling "the end is near" a long time. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

But then again, Im just a hopeless optimist who wants to believe the best in people.
clearcrystal

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:25:28 PM

People have been yelling "the end is near" a long time. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

But then again, Im just a hopeless optimist who wants to believe the best in people.

This...

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:55:00 AM

This...

All depends what you believe "the end" is. Total collapse of humanity? Mad max style?  worse ? or just a major
change in the world as has happened over and over since the beginning of time.  I suspect the "end" is near but it will be a major lowering of life standards for most people for a long period of time . Eventually humanity will rebuild and get back on track.Recently I saw a documentary about a group of Jews that lived in a cave to escape the Nazis  for 18 months during ww2 (  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/05/30/audio-no-place-on-earth.html ). For those that don't want to  read about it, they basically lived underground while most of them never exited  at all for the whole period of time.

For them it was the end of the world but they survived and moved to the US and Canada and restarted their life.
Humanity will do the same when the time comes.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:29:02 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 09:45:50 PM by bearsworth

This has nothing to do with the end of bitcoin, but about things that are going to cause problems for the regular investor. I have been thinking about this for a while. Before starting, I assume the price of bitcoins has been lifted due to speculation.

First, the people selling asic machines in return for bitcoins are going to destroy bitcoins for a period of time. Think as a seller. You sell a bunch of miners for bitcoins and let the people attempt to reap the rewards of mining. Once price rises enough, you sell out and reap the benefits before miners can. What perpetuates the price rising is early adopters who spread word of their earnings bringing in more people who want to get rich. In order to sustain the price and continue rising, you need more people to invest in the currency and believe in it. once influx of people come, this is where as a seller of machine i'd sell out or the next big wave.

It is the greed in which people want to earn money that will make this system fall faster because everyone will invest in miners and coins and watch them rise. Which it will, no doubt, but at who's expense? You and me the regular investor. It's the same in stocks or our own market. Remember this - when everyone believes they can make lots of money, that is when you get worried. All it takes is one bomb (mass sell off) to start and then rest of the disaster starts. As many investors tell you - MANAGE YOUR RISK.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
Dasneko

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:34:40 AM

This has nothing to do with the end of bitcoin, but about things that are going to cause problems for the regular investor. I have been thinking about this for a while. Before starting, I assume the price of bitcoins has been lifted due to speculation.

First, the people selling asic machines in return for bitcoins are going to destroy bitcoins for a period of time. Think as a seller. You sell a bunch of miners for bitcoins and let the people attempt to reap the rewards of mining. Once price rises enough, you sell out and reap the benefits before miners can. What perpetuates the price rising is early adopters who spread word of their earnings bringing in more people who want to get rich. In order to sustain the price and continue rising, you need more people to invest in the currency and believe in it. once influx of people come, this is where as a seller of machine i'd sell out or the next big wave.

It is the greed in which people want to earn money that will make this system fall faster because everyone will invest in miners and coins and watch them rise. Which it will, no doubt, but at who's expense? You and me the regular investor. It's the same in stocks or our own market. Remember this - when everyone believes they can make lots of money, that is when you get worried. All it takes is one bomb (mass sell off) to start and then rest of the disaster starts. As many investors tell you - MANAGE YOUR RISK.

Spoken like a true investor. The thing is "Bitcoin" is just using you (the greedy investors) as a stepping stone. Remember Bitcoin wants to be more then just an investment opportunity like stocks. It want to become an actual currency that people use. To do that it needs a certain amount of backing to be a viable form of currency. This is where the greed of the foolish comes in. Yes you can make your investment and cash in your reward but by using you Bitcoin can become and established currency not prone to your average investment predictions.

Edit:

Also.. yeah... I do not think the companies making the miners have that elaborate scheme planned. That is just far fetched.
xavier (OP)

Activity: 260

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:59:40 PM

I'm sure most of this has happened already, in April? There seemed to be endless posts on the forums about how people were going to be the "new elite", how the price was going to $10,000 , etc.

Now it seems that we have the opposite, many threads about how price is going to $30.

Personally, I have remained bearish about bitcoin price in recent months but given these endless negative postings, I'm beginning to wonder whether this could still be a buying opportunity.

Having said that, the number of transactions on the network has crashed recently - but this could just be due to speculators loosing interest.

I'm not sure about the situation with ASICs. The whole thing sounds incredibly dodgy, there has got to be a scam there. However, this seems like a side show. How is it going to affect bitcoin (ie. the bitcoin protocol) itself?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 03:05:45 PM

thanks.

Why haven't you done this?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
bearsworth

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:43:10 PM

Spoken like a true investor. The thing is "Bitcoin" is just using you (the greedy investors) as a stepping stone. Remember Bitcoin wants to be more then just an investment opportunity like stocks. It want to become an actual currency that people use. To do that it needs a certain amount of backing to be a viable form of currency. This is where the greed of the foolish comes in. Yes you can make your investment and cash in your reward but by using you Bitcoin can become and established currency not prone to your average investment predictions.

Edit:

Also.. yeah... I do not think the companies making the miners have that elaborate scheme planned. That is just far fetched.

Good point. I guess its not a plan scam us, but more a plan to protect themselves. I think Avalon has tons of bitcoins somewhere in the 50,000+ range. Some other smaller companies as well. I think one thing they've managed to do is play smart with cashing out. But in order to protect themselves, they will likely sell out on the next peak especially since AValon pulled a huge amount of Bitcoins sellign chips.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:58:02 PM

He is waiting for We.
To be honest there is no where left to go so the only option is to fix it.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Dasneko

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:18:04 PM

Edit:

Good point. I guess its not a plan scam us, but more a plan to protect themselves. I think Avalon has tons of bitcoins somewhere in the 50,000+ range. Some other smaller companies as well. I think one thing they've managed to do is play smart with cashing out. But in order to protect themselves, they will likely sell out on the next peak especially since AValon pulled a huge amount of Bitcoins sellign chips.
Honestly only accepting bitcoins might be one of the smarter things avalon has done. The payment system is ideal for companies since there are no funny business with charge backs and such. Guaranteed money direct into their pockets with no lose ends. Could not have asked for anything safer. As to where the bitcoins went I am sure they already traded in at least 1/5th or more to simply pay for the chips and shipping in the first place. It would be interesting to know if they are planning to keep the rest as bitcoins or cash them in as soon as possible.
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 01:42:57 PM

He is waiting for We.

Yes, you can't do this alone. Selfsufficiency beyond the state is forbidden. The truing of the children by the state mafia is mandatory.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 01:51:12 PM

He is waiting for We.

Yes, you can't do this alone. Selfsufficiency beyond the state is forbidden. The truing of the children by the state mafia is mandatory.

well, you could send your kids to private school, or even home school them. You could farm 40 of your acres and graze another 100. Harvest firewood and hunt/gather from the forested acres. You could avoid getting SS#'s for the kids, and by the time they take over the estate they will have almost no dealings with the "state mafia".

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 02:41:11 PM

He is waiting for We.

well, you could send your kids to private school, or even home school them. You could farm 40 of your acres and graze another 100. Harvest firewood and hunt/gather from the forested acres. You could avoid getting SS#'s for the kids, and by the time they take over the estate they will have almost no dealings with the "state mafia".

Yes, if one is self sufficient, why would it matter what the state forbids?
The Amish have a different model, but they seem to be getting along alright.

The other question that comes to mind.  Why is Z. alone in this?  Isn't there likely a Dunbar number of folks that would join?  Why all the waiting and complaining?  If it is right and better, make it so, and others will recognize that.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:15:00 PM

He is waiting for We.

The other question that comes to mind.  Why is Z. alone in this?  Isn't there likely a Dunbar number of folks that would join?  Why all the waiting and complaining?  If it is right and better, make it so, and others will recognize that.

People are lazy and being self sufficient takes work.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 08:09:27 PM

There certainly is, but they don't hang around a digital currency forum.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 08:40:12 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2013, 09:20:27 PM by Zarathustra

He is waiting for We.

well, you could send your kids to private school, or even home school them.

No, in Switzerland, you can't. And if, the rules for homeschooling (brain washing) are given by the state mafia.

1) The Amish are paying taxes to the state mafia.
2) The Amish have a state whithin a state (mafia within a mafia). Therefore, they are paying taxes (protection money) twice.
3) It's patriarchy (church and state). They do not live within Dunbar's Number, but within perverted monogamous pairing families, as all civilized 'humans' have to 'live' (except some civilized populace in perverted harem families).

The other question that comes to mind.  Why is Z. alone in this?  Isn't there likely a Dunbar number of folks that would join?  Why all the waiting and complaining?  If it is right and better, make it so, and others will recognize that.

Selfsufficient communities within Dunbar's Number are always nuclear, related by blood. But the civilizing of the homines sapientes destroyed these nuclear communities and replaced them with a Society (organised violence). To rebuild them would be a long, painfull process. Even in this forum you'll find collectivists only: trade-collectivists (homo oeconomicus), education-collectivists, progress-collectivists, capital-collectivists etc., but zero people who are interested in freedom and selfsufficiency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: