Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:55:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice to a crypto newbie  (Read 1040 times)
Judyke (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:30:27 PM

Hello all, as a crypto newbie , which crypto currency especially between bitcoin and ethereum would you advise me to start investing on, and please state your reason, thanks
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:33:53 PM

Hello all, as a crypto newbie , which crypto currency especially between bitcoin and ethereum would you advise me to start investing on, and please state your reason, thanks

None, do you research and then make your own decisions instead of relying on others. You're going to get shilled a bag of shitcoins and lose all your money.

Especially as a newbie you should do your own research about projects.

Str1x

Activity: 140
Merit: 33

Buy me a beer 13mVkBy6HVwKuNovaWzYdF27FB6pLqoJtr

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:15:45 PM

Start with reading this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0

Clearly states:
Do not trust people! Check out for some good reasoning

After reading that, go here:
Altcoin discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
Altcoin speculation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=224.0

Don't post your question but read

If you still have questions, google it, there are so much threads like yours you can find on this forum: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Abitcointalk.org+%22newbie+help%22

Hello_Bubble_World

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:10:12 PM

If you are blessed with good income, buy $____ worth of Bitcoin every month, and sell just a little on huge rallies. This way you get a variety of prices and cannot lose in a long-term uptrend.
ETH? I am expecting to earn some by participating in ICO bounties.
elegion

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:15:24 PM

I think what you really want to know is, what are we investing in? I have no problem sharing with others what I'm personally diversifying in. I personally started investing in a few ALT coins that have been doing really well in the last couple of weeks. On the Coinomi wallet I have the following:

Bitcoin ( tends to go up and down, it's going through a slight pull back right now)
Bitcoin Cash went up over 1000% percent since it started at $130.00
Bitcoin Gold went up 200% since it was released.

Learn the basics, Invest wisely and Keep your eye on the alt coin and crypto market at coinmarketcap.com and be sure to always do your research. Read these forums and weight your options. Don't invest what you can't afford to lose. Do your research and if you want to invest then start small and then slowly build your portfolio. Data Dash on youtube.com is a great place to start. And if you haven't gotten one get your self a cold storage wallet, I've noticed that there are a lot of new people who hold a lot of crypto assets, but haven't even considered cold storage security yet.

bitcoiners25

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 05:15:39 AM

I can only advise to you is you choose the both cryptocurrency because this two coins competing each other in the blockchain and most of all users had this two coins. This two coins also keep on pumping to the moon so much better invest both cryptocurrency.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:20:52 AM

Do your own research. Asking questions like this is pretty much like inviting pump-and-dumpers. If you want to go the safe route, go with Bitcoin(BTC) and Ethereum(ETH). Probably diversify your funds into both, probably 70% BTC and 30% ETH, depending on which one you think is more valuable in the future. You could also mix up with other reputable coins too, like Monero(XMR), IOTA, etc.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Suhae

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:22:53 PM

ETH is my advice, because bitcoin still not stable yet.
bowielover

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:12:51 PM

don't trust what anyone tells you, only what your intuition tells you
Judyke (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:43:32 PM

None, do you research and then make your own decisions instead of relying on others. You're going to get shilled a bag of shitcoins and lose all your money.

Especially as a newbie you should do your own research about projects.

thanks am doing my research, i just wanted others opinions and l cross check then make up my mind.thanks for the advice
WyattS

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:25:42 PM

You'll get 1000 different opinions from 1000 people.  And who knows which opinion to take since this is a mostly anonymous forum?  My advice is to go learn everything you can, and start small.  Keep learning and don't stop.
Judyke (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:41:59 PM

Start with reading this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0

Clearly states:
Do not trust people! Check out for some good reasoning

After reading that, go here:
Altcoin discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
Altcoin speculation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=224.0

Don't post your question but read

If you still have questions, google it, there are so much threads like yours you can find on this forum: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Abitcointalk.org+%22newbie+help%22

thanks much , i appreciate
Judyke (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:01:39 AM

If you are blessed with good income, buy $____ worth of Bitcoin every month, and sell just a little on huge rallies. This way you get a variety of prices and cannot lose in a long-term uptrend.
ETH? I am expecting to earn some by participating in ICO bounties.

noted, thanks for contributing
Judyke (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:10:43 AM

I think what you really want to know is, what are we investing in? I have no problem sharing with others what I'm personally diversifying in. I personally started investing in a few ALT coins that have been doing really well in the last couple of weeks. On the Coinomi wallet I have the following:

Bitcoin ( tends to go up and down, it's going through a slight pull back right now)
Bitcoin Cash went up over 1000% percent since it started at $130.00
Bitcoin Gold went up 200% since it was released.

Learn the basics, Invest wisely and Keep your eye on the alt coin and crypto market at coinmarketcap.com and be sure to always do your research. Read these forums and weight your options. Don't invest what you can't afford to lose. Do your research and if you want to invest then start small and then slowly build your portfolio. Data Dash on youtube.com is a great place to start. And if you haven't gotten one get your self a cold storage wallet, I've noticed that there are a lot of new people who hold a lot of crypto assets, but haven't even considered cold storage security yet.

hmmmm nice one, i will definitely looking into getting a cold wallet. thanks for the tips
nvthanh

Activity: 106

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:23:20 AM

I think you should invest in ETH, because it is very stable, the new coin also pay the whole ETH very much. The bitcoin is fluctuating very erratically, when people like you  Cheesy
xCRYPTO

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:19:55 AM

You should invest to bitcoin that is the right decision, but it depends on you if do you believe in btc. Most people trust only in bitcoin. I also believe that someday bitcoin will make me rich.
Ucup

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:45:37 AM

i think the bitcoin price is now already stable, but not with eth you can find what is the more profitable for yours then you can try buy it with your own mind.
MariamSargsan0101

Activity: 96
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:53:00 AM

search the meeting which provide the cointelegraph and similar famouse sources.. want to recommend you the Blockshow Asia and I know the promocode
vbcrypto

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:11:39 AM

Hi, i recommend you to invest in reliable cryptocurrencies, to diversificate risks risk invest in different cryptocurrencies, but Ethereum is more stable than Bitcoin.
AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:59:49 AM

Hello. For the first I recommend you to watch the cryptocurrency courses (not only for BTC or ETH). Some time later you will understand the tendency. Based on this info you can invest in small (or not so small) amount of money into the cryptocurrency.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: