Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:19:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash surpasses the market cap of Ethereum  (Read 484 times)
CoinPowerProject (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:32:52 PM

Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of Ethereum, in Twitter congratulated Bitmain founder Jihan Wu and bitcoin angel investor Roger Ver on the recent success of Bitcoin Cash, particularly in the South Korean market.

How it will be to evolve in the future, what do you think?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:38:16 PM

I'm curious will BCH stays on the 2nd place after the incoming difficulty increase. My guess is that most of the miners will switch again to BTC, slowing down the BCH and making very hard BCH miners to sell their coins to the market.

I don't like the whole BCH-BTC drama and I'm hoping that BCH will fail. Not because of the project, but because to discourage similar dramas in future. This is not good for any ordinary player on the crypto-market around.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:39:56 PM

Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of Ethereum, in Twitter congratulated Bitmain founder Jihan Wu and bitcoin angel investor Roger Ver on the recent success of Bitcoin Cash, particularly in the South Korean market.

"BTG BITCOIN-GOLD Market Cap Overtakes Bitcoin" ( see You can post anything, but should it be true? )

https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/

Can U check cap's before you post assertions?

No it hasn't

Ethereum    $29,520,467,780    $308.51    $1,548,800,000    95,687,231 ETH    -2.71%    sparkline
Bitcoin Cash    $24,197,580,008    $1440.33    $8,321,760,000    16,800,025 BCH    9.28%    sparkline

ETH is some $5 B more than BCH, why  do U misrepresent?

ETH is just as much of a over-hyped shit-coin as bch, ... that part I agree.

Perhaps it's in ETH's interest to destroy BTC, to put ETH in front?

The deal here is there are lots of PLAYERS and they all want to be king,

Like asshole "Peter Theil" (paypal) always says "The game is to have a monopoly, to OWN IT ALL"
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:43:04 PM

Still not decided if this is serious competition or PnD the price dropped around 1k in less than an hour after reaching a peak of 2200.. I like Roger Ver but he has been spreading false information in the past. All this competition between BCH and BTC makes me consider to switch to Ethereum instead, I'm just about clueless on the topic and from both sides all you get is bias.

I guess the saying goes: Where two are fighting for a bone, the third takes it home (?)

bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:46:54 PM

I'm curious will BCH stays on the 2nd place after the incoming difficulty increase. My guess is that most of the miners will switch again to BTC, slowing down the BCH and making very hard BCH miners to sell their coins to the market.

I don't like the whole BCH-BTC drama and I'm hoping that BCH will fail. Not because of the project, but because to discourage similar dramas in future. This is not good for any ordinary player on the crypto-market around.

Nothing is harmed, except 'trader morons' losing lots of money, buying BCH at $2500, only for it to fall back to $600 ( most shit-alt coin faux trade at 10% of mother coin ), think zcash/zen, btc/bch, eth/eth-classic, ....

The 'drama' has MADE a press news, everybody is talking about crypto's, so that is good I guess,

BCH is what it is, just another scam shit-coin clone, but with really good marketing, not unlike the fuck-coin BTG aka bitcoin-gold

There is NO way to regulate this shit, thank god, I'm sure satoshi expected this, its open-source, this is the nature of the beast

Best thing for smart people is to IGNORE the price, just hold your BTC in cold storage, and NOT play the game,

IF U play the game, ALL ORCHESTRATED by scammers, U will lose your BTC.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:49:59 PM

"BTG BITCOIN-GOLD Market Cap Overtakes Bitcoin" ( see You can post anything, but should it be true? )

https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/

Can U check cap's before you post assertions?

No it hasn't

Ethereum    $29,520,467,780    $308.51    $1,548,800,000    95,687,231 ETH    -2.71%    sparkline
Bitcoin Cash    $24,197,580,008    $1440.33    $8,321,760,000    16,800,025 BCH    9.28%    sparkline

ETH is some $5 B more than BCH, why  do U misrepresent?

ETH is just as much of a over-hyped shit-coin as bch, ... that part I agree.

Perhaps it's in ETH's interest to destroy BTC, to put ETH in front?

The deal here is there are lots of PLAYERS and they all want to be king,

Like asshole "Peter Theil" (paypal) always says "The game is to have a monopoly, to OWN IT ALL"

BCH briefly passed Ethereum's marketcap on its peak to quickly lose about 50% of its value in an hour.

cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:02:21 PM

Nothing is harmed, except 'trader morons' losing lots of money, buying BCH at $2500, only for it to fall back to $600 ( most shit-alt coin faux trade at 10% of mother coin ), think zcash/zen, btc/bch, eth/eth-classic, ....

The 'drama' has MADE a press news, everybody is talking about crypto's, so that is good I guess,

BCH is what it is, just another scam shit-coin clone, but with really good marketing, not unlike the fuck-coin BTG aka bitcoin-gold

There is NO way to regulate this shit, thank god, I'm sure satoshi expected this, its open-source, this is the nature of the beast

Best thing for smart people is to IGNORE the price, just hold your BTC in cold storage, and NOT play the game,

IF U play the game, ALL ORCHESTRATED by scammers, U will lose your BTC.

@bitfools, i like your analysis in your posts on this board.
i also think that the news that BCH is making is good for crypto.
i think it will all come right but there will be a lot of heartache, i am not playing the game

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Sephire

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:03:24 PM

Yes, It was a major pump and dump for BCH. Bitcoin also seems to have bottomed
but we will know for sure in coming weeks.
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:05:41 PM

This is a critical situation for bitcoin guys, we dont know what else to do, maybe we should leave the boat, maybe we should put all our strength with bitcoin, we dont know anything.
I dont know what to do, bitcoin cash is going up like a skyrocket, it was at 0.20 (btc rates) a few hours ago, and now it us upto 0.27 each one, i dont know what else to do.
Maybe i should try to get some whisky and be quiet for some more hours, but honestly, this is affecting me a lot, i dont want to keep losing more money.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

Labrader

Activity: 224
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:13:30 PM

I dont know what to do, bitcoin cash is going up like a skyrocket, it was at 0.20 (btc rates) a few hours ago, and now it us upto 0.27 each one, i dont know what else to do.
It's not rocketing. It was heavily speculated all day, trading between 0.3x and 0.2x with several turns both way. Lots of money made by market manipulators, others lost, other tried to keep up with the trend and made some extra.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:18:56 PM

Yes, It was a major pump and dump for BCH. Bitcoin also seems to have bottomed
but we will know for sure in coming weeks.
Not only major pump and dump but this is the battle of the bitcoin itself. To attract the more miner to help run its network. In another way as you can see about the bitcoin this time gets massive pending tx in the network. That's why they are trying to choose another way to send their money and the bitcoin cash as an alternatives way.
But this was relating to the political drama in the crypto. I just stay away from there and still believe on my ethereum.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
cynical

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:19:24 AM

BCH and BTC are getting a little settled now.
Bitcoin seems to have reached a new bottom of around 6400$ and bircoincash seems to have pulled back a bit also,
but there may be another bitcoincash surge to come

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:48:28 PM

It was a good pump and dump... But did you pay attention to this privacy coin " DASH".. This is certainly the winner..and this just the beginning
CoinPowerProject (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:15:29 AM

This is normal, it is trading process, which depends of many factors. Part of your btc you can hold in the cold storage but some you can use for trading and let amount of btc grow this all. only use situation. If you look with the trader's position eash altcoin, which has volatility is good.
Javathon

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:35:40 AM

I hope that BCH would fail in the near future it affected many alts because of the btc-bch shifting of the miners. Many people are also fooled by bch and it is going down now.
khichariya1

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:14:16 PM

It also surpassed Ethereum as the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, according to CoinMarketCap.com. Bitcoin cash, which notably ...
regsintered

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:30:05 PM

I hate bitcoin cash, a coin fake bitcoin but it thrives and affects bitcoin. Meanwhile ethereum with many crypto support technologies is not favored by investors
cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:35:38 PM

Its because the crypto whales are setting up a whale traps for the newbies,just like the recent BCH madness many have lost their funds.

Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:51:05 PM

I think Vitalik is just being friendly. He's a nice guy. He don't care if other coins will beat them in market cap. All he needs to do is focus on Ethereum. BCH at 2nd rank didn't lasted long though as there was a heavy correction that happened.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:15:13 PM

Bitcoin cash is just a pump and dump coin, the last time it pumped to 2000$, this is crazy and not natural in my opinion.

It is probably an exit scam done by Jihan and Roger Ver

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: