Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:58:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh -oh... Bitinstant transaction gone bad...  (Read 493 times)
Harry7139 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:46:41 PM

Ordered BC from Bitinstant yesterday AM, Moneygram - Zipzap method...   Zipzap = Perfect  /  Bitinstant = FAIL   -   Bitinstant sent me an email saying that they received my payment but my transaction failed... imagine that...lol... Oh well...tried contacting customer service through e-mail (the only way you can contact them) and guess what?  No reply... and still no BC....  .. I know I'm just a Newb and you guys have had far more experience and larger transactions than I will ever have... In fact, I shouldn't even be complaining... I should have known I would have had better luck just throwing my cash under a weed eater..lol.. As for myself... live and learn I guess.. I won't be here crying and moaning this incident every other day...in the end it's my own fault for trusting them... Needless to say I will NOT be using Bitinstant again and I would recommend the same to you.. I'm just trying to save someone else who may be considering Bitinstant...that's all Smiley   If you really want to throw your cash away just send it to me instead.. I will at least send you an email as to why I screwed you..Smiley

Thanks ! Smiley  Great day to all! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eldongallagh25

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:17:56 AM

Bitinstant is having issues at the moment. There is a separate thread here in the newbie section dedicated to assistance for any issues. Keep us posted on what happens. I was looking to buy a few coins through them, but after recent events I'm having second thoughts.
Obama

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:44:05 AM

Bitinstant is a scam
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 12:49:49 AM

Bitinstant is a scam

Not necessarily.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:51:26 AM

I came to comment on "Oh-oh". It's "Uh-oh", or comically "Ruh roh" if you want your audience to read your text in Scooby Doo's voice. Get it right, internet.

fake edit: I always wondered why they didn't call it BitLater.

Harry7139 (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:57:05 PM

Thanks for the grammar correction...lol... you are right..Smiley Anyway, I don't want to make a big deal out of this... it is what it is... At this point all I can do is wait and see if the transaction completes and hope that they honor my paltry little "test purchase" of 63.95..  I'm ok with the delay... I am also not stupid enough to plunk down a thousand dollars on my first try with a new exchange.... so it's not a big money issue.. I think it's more leaving me in limbo due to the lack of response from customer service.. I will wait a few more days before I post the details of my transaction on every single web site imaginable that has anything to do with BTC exchange.. I am retired, have nothing else to do all day, so that will be my new job..  I will say that Bitinstant got one heck of a deal from me though.. I mean, where in the world can you have extremely negative feedback agressively posted on literally every website that could bring you a potential new customer for only 63.95? THAT, my friends, is the deal of the day:)

Thanks for your replies... and everyone have a wonderful day!!

PS: FYI - I did see the "Bitinstant Complaint Thread" and posted there accordingly... but much like my bitcoins.. it never appeared...(Probably because the last post there was over a year ago...) so I posted here.. Sorry.. I am new here and really trying to follow the rules ... If I indeed posted in the wrong category you have my sincerest apology Smiley
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4610

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:07:16 PM

PS: FYI - I did see the "Bitinstant Complaint Thread" and posted there accordingly... but much like my bitcoins.. it never appeared...

Sure it did:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.msg2531911#msg2531911
I purchased BC from Bitinstant yesterday morning.... I used Moneygram and have a syncronized on line wallet (Multibit) with a wallet address that I verified 3 times before requesting so I know that it's correct..  You sent me an email saying you have been paid however my transaction failed and has not been processed... no reason... and still no BC.. Fortunately I ordered a small amount, as I have read previous bad reviews about Bitinstant. I completely understand as to acceptable delays.... I don't like to be left hanging... I am hoping someone here can address my issues and help me complete this transaction restoring my faith back in Bitinstant:)... I will be happy to provide any further information needed should someone at least reply to this post...  Thanks:)

A Great Day to All ! Smiley

And BitInstant responded as well:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.msg2532050#msg2532050
I purchased BC from Bitinstant yesterday morning.... I used Moneygram and have a syncronized on line wallet (Multibit) with a wallet address that I verified 3 times before requesting so I know that it's correct..  You sent me an email saying you have been paid however my transaction failed and has not been processed... no reason... and still no BC.. Fortunately I ordered a small amount, as I have read previous bad reviews about Bitinstant. I completely understand as to acceptable delays.... I don't like to be left hanging... I am hoping someone here can address my issues and help me complete this transaction restoring my faith back in Bitinstant:)... I will be happy to provide any further information needed should someone at least reply to this post...  Thanks:)

A Great Day to All ! Smiley

Please log your issue at support.bitinstant.com so we can help you further.  Thanks.

Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:13:42 PM

Never did trust bitinstant.  Shocked

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: