Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:22:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495949 times)
chachachazippo2

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:31:31 PM

Has anyone heard back from Coinapult yet? I have yet to have any response from them. Bitinstant claims to have contacted them for me. On the same day I also personally contacted them and still I have yet to get any response or resolution. Still missing my money. I about to just get a refund from ZipZap due to these 2 terrible business'(Bitinstant & Coinapult) experiences. This is one of the worst experiences I've ever had in dealing with any business. As far as I can tell my money is completely gone.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:43:29 PM

What's going on with the fee refunds for the failed transactions on "re-launch day"?

I just got this response from customer service:

"Hey there, thanks for contacting Customer Support.

I'll add your issue to the list for fee refunds. Sorry about any inconvenience we may have caused.
Best,

Alyssa
Customer Service Manager, BitInstant"

When and how will those "on the list" be refunded? It's time now.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Meskito

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:34:14 PM

I sent a MoneyGram deposit 8 hours ago and it was accepted by BitInstant 5 minutes later. However, I have yet to receive my bitcoins or even an email explaining why it's taking over twice as long as advertised on your site. I sent you guys an email 3 hours ago but haven't received a response. As a currency exchange, you really should have a more timely customer service.

And what's with not having a phone number to call? That's really sketchy. I wish I'd noticed that earlier, I'd have taken my business elsewhere.

In any case I hope to get a reply from you guys soon, otherwise I'm going to be forced to report you for fraud. I'd really rather just have my bitcoins.

This is my transaction info:
Date    06/18/13 13:42
Transaction ID    447f185f-13d7-4813-9e3a-8f2fca44e351
Money Source    Local Cash Deposit (700k Locations)
Account Number    N/A
Destination    Bitcoin Wallet Address
Amount    $49.50 USD

Thanks
https://blockchain.info/tx/f97ffc45856ecccfceb4bae371ae7adfd3bfc78ef3fbca65ad80bdee5acbc47c

Thank you! But when I deposited my money, 1 bitcoin=$105. Shouldn't I have around .47 bitcoins? Normally I wouldn't complain, but I need .44 coins and right now I only have .427. In order for me to only receive .427 bitcoins, the transfer rate had to have been $115, and it hasn't been that high in the last 3 days as far as I can tell.

Thanks again.
twigger13

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:14:24 PM

Hey All,

Just a heads-up. We have to implement some critical patches on our backend. We're temporarily taking Mt. Gox and bitcoin-to-email and bitcoin-to-wallet offline to solve the issue. We'll be back up and running as quickly as possible and will keep you updated.

Thanks for your patience. We're working hard to get all of the kinks out of our system and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Does this mean if i ordered yesterday and im going to a wallet address, that it wont go through today?
shinobishozuku

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:49:19 PM

Hello Bitinstant-

I made two bitinstant transactions this week and received emails from you in response to both transactions saying that my payment had been received but an error was encountered while processing the transaction (so my order failed).  I was also told in the email that I would be contacted by bitinstant support shortly to resolve the issue.  I have sent multiple emails to bitinstant support and have not yet received a response aside from the automatic email response.  I would appreciate it if somebody there would let me know what the issue is and how long it might take to resolve.  Here is the transaction information for both transactions:

#1:
Case #15575
Transaction Date: 6/17/2013
Transaction ID: e317118b-8a5c-409d-841c-9d6099cf163e
Money Source: Local cash deposit
Destination: Bitcoin Wallet
Payment Amount: $109.95

Case #16471
Transaction Date: 6/18/2013
Transaction ID: 48db6513-cbb5-4d4a-b946-5afe813353b6
Money Source: Local Cash Deposit
Destination: Bitcoin to Email
Payment Amount: $113.95

Thank you for any help you can offer.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:24:59 AM

Hello,

Just used BitInstant for the first time. Everything worked out nice and quickly. Unfortunately, in the half hour it took me to run to the store for the money gram, the price of BTC went up a bit. When all was said and done, I ended up with ~0.978 instead of 1.0 BTC. I guess there is no way to make up that difference? I'd hate to do another full order + fees + trip to the store just for that tiny amount.

Thanks.

Your price is not locked in when you create a quote.  Regardless, if you think you have an issue that needs correction then it should go to support.bitinstant.com
What do you mean it's not locked?

Do you mean if we created a quote when 5 BTC equaled 500 USD...if it took 1 day for you to process and the price per BTC drops to 75...then we will get 375USD (before fees)?

Our system has a hard deadline of 24 hours, past which customers are entitled to fee refunds and compensation for price changes. The soft deadline (which is what we aim to deliver the majority of orders in) is 1 hour, and between those 2 timeframes we don't make a formal commitment to prices other than market rate as determined by our partners at coinapult.
You do realize that this is not directly implied on your website?

That is one hell of a bombshell to drop on people.

So basically, we don't actually know what rate we are getting until after we get it....?

Everything about the BitInstant website leads a person to believe they are going to get a fixed transaction (1 BTC for a certain amount of USD) as soon as finalized or as soon as it is paid in full. You'd better make it more obvious that prices are honored when executed rather than when paid. (huge variance right there)

Anyway:

Order: df07ed15-e31f-48be-9d0f-da85a3a59c58

There was some hickups with my order getting processed. Apparently customer service alerted me that the blockchain took its sweet time to confirm my payment. Even though I made the payment a few seconds after receiving the BitInstant address several days ago. You can check the timestamp to confirm when the transfer was made.

My order is still in limbo and I am definitely invoking the 24 hours clause. (fee free)

This is all covered in our terms of service.  Sorry for the delay on your order.  We are working on a solution.  Thanks.
Any updates to my order?

Please issue an immediate refund for my order. I lost count of how many days I have been waiting.

It is probably my seventh day (7th). My issue wasn't even related to zipzap or coinapult or whoever.

Been ignored by BitInstant support for the last 2 days.

So just send the exact BTC (including BTC fees) back into my account. I have already found a reliable partner who can do this for me with almost no delay. (And no, they are not automated!)

I can try to add additional instructions to your order that indicate a refund but that will likely add additional waiting time to your issue.  Your call.
Resolve it in any way you choose.

Whatever is shorter. Just make sure whatever the resolution it is, it ends with 500USD at a Paypal account (without fees as it is past 24 hours) or a refund of 4.56xxxx BTC. Whatever is shorter. Time is money as your website header says. You lateness to deliver on the transaction has already cost me 35 dollars so far.

Make sure to tell me what you chose and what you were capable of as a company.

(P.S. I don't hold it against you URSAY, I simply hold it against BitInstant.)
Captains Log,

Day 8,

We are still having trouble with the BitInstant transactions log showing a perpetual "pending". We believe there may have been a minor explosion on or under the surface of the webserver on Planet BitInstant. We believe the crater from the recognisance drone is accurate and not doctored.

Sensors indicate there is still movement and life on the surface but we cannot find any evidence of technical support. We believe they are ignoring our repeated hails. (  Grin Cheesy )

We are considering dispatching an engineering crew to the surface to investigate the crater remains. It has been three days since the last transmission from the BitInstant-onians. I fear for the livelihood of our friend Gareth on the surface.
jabowery

Activity: 28
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:20:31 AM

I just wanted to acknowledge that Bititstant made up for the discrepancy with some additional compensation for the inconvenience. Given the nascent state of their business I'm happy with their response.

However, now I notice that their service is very much restricted with virtually none of the btc exchanges listed as options for transfers anymore.  For instance, I see that btc-e.com has tens of thousands of dollars in available bitinstant reserves but there now appears to be no option offered on their website to do a btc-e.com transfer.

What happened?

Why was the amount that arrived at Bitstamp exactly 5% lower than the amount Bitinstant said would arrive?

I don't know.  Do you have an order ID # so I can try to find out for you?
Order ID accb2f7e-6fb2-4a40-9446-500ab29d3395

Have you logged your case at bitinstant.com/contact   ?

Yes.  Also with Bitstamp.  I received no response from Bitinstant but Bitstamp support sent an email to Bitinstant asking where the 5% went.

Quoting the Bitinstant transaction feedback:

Amount you paid $24.4966 USD
Amount you will receive $24.18059386 USD

The amount that was deposited at Bitstamp was $22.97
Loser15

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:44:53 AM

Hello,

Just used BitInstant for the first time. Everything worked out nice and quickly. Unfortunately, in the half hour it took me to run to the store for the money gram, the price of BTC went up a bit. When all was said and done, I ended up with ~0.978 instead of 1.0 BTC. I guess there is no way to make up that difference? I'd hate to do another full order + fees + trip to the store just for that tiny amount.

Thanks.

Your price is not locked in when you create a quote.  Regardless, if you think you have an issue that needs correction then it should go to support.bitinstant.com
What do you mean it's not locked?

Do you mean if we created a quote when 5 BTC equaled 500 USD...if it took 1 day for you to process and the price per BTC drops to 75...then we will get 375USD (before fees)?

Our system has a hard deadline of 24 hours, past which customers are entitled to fee refunds and compensation for price changes. The soft deadline (which is what we aim to deliver the majority of orders in) is 1 hour, and between those 2 timeframes we don't make a formal commitment to prices other than market rate as determined by our partners at coinapult.
You do realize that this is not directly implied on your website?

That is one hell of a bombshell to drop on people.

So basically, we don't actually know what rate we are getting until after we get it....?

Everything about the BitInstant website leads a person to believe they are going to get a fixed transaction (1 BTC for a certain amount of USD) as soon as finalized or as soon as it is paid in full. You'd better make it more obvious that prices are honored when executed rather than when paid. (huge variance right there)

Anyway:

There was some hickups with my order getting processed. Apparently customer service alerted me that the blockchain took its sweet time to confirm my payment. Even though I made the payment a few seconds after receiving the BitInstant address several days ago. You can check the timestamp to confirm when the transfer was made.

My order is still in limbo and I am definitely invoking the 24 hours clause. (fee free)

This is all covered in our terms of service.  Sorry for the delay on your order.  We are working on a solution.  Thanks.
Any updates to my order?

Please issue an immediate refund for my order. I lost count of how many days I have been waiting.

It is probably my seventh day (7th). My issue wasn't even related to zipzap or coinapult or whoever.

Been ignored by BitInstant support for the last 2 days.

So just send the exact BTC (including BTC fees) back into my account. I have already found a reliable partner who can do this for me with almost no delay. (And no, they are not automated!)

I can try to add additional instructions to your order that indicate a refund but that will likely add additional waiting time to your issue.  Your call.
Resolve it in any way you choose.

Whatever is shorter. Just make sure whatever the resolution it is, it ends with 500USD at a Paypal account (without fees as it is past 24 hours) or a refund of 4.56xxxx BTC. Whatever is shorter. Time is money as your website header says. You lateness to deliver on the transaction has already cost me 35 dollars so far.

Make sure to tell me what you chose and what you were capable of as a company.

(P.S. I don't hold it against you URSAY, I simply hold it against BitInstant.)
Captains Log,

Day 8,

We are still having trouble with the BitInstant transactions log showing a perpetual "pending". We believe there may have been a minor explosion on or under the surface of the webserver on Planet BitInstant. We believe the crater from the recognisance drone is accurate and not doctored.

Sensors indicate there is still movement and life on the surface but we cannot find any evidence of technical support. We believe they are ignoring our repeated hails. (  Grin Cheesy )

We are considering dispatching an engineering crew to the surface to investigate the crater remains. It has been three days since the last transmission from the BitInstant-onians. I fear for the livelihood of our friend Gareth on the surface.

Day 4 here, don't know if i can make it to day 8 Sad (this post was hilarious btw) CASE NUMBER: 13935, SOS!!
Sunyata

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:35:30 AM

Day 4 here, don't know if i can make it to day 8 Sad (this post was hilarious btw) CASE NUMBER: 13935, SOS!!

Have you gotten an e-mail from them back yet?
datdude

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:47:22 AM

I sent a MoneyGram deposit yesterday and it was accepted by BitInstant minutes later. ZipZap also sent a confirmation email saying the payment was received. I still have yet to receive my bitcoins, and my transaction hash does not show up on blockchain.info! I have sent some emails asking about when I shall receive my bitcoins and still have not heard a thing in regards to when I shall receive my bitcoins.

After reading all these negtaive comments about BitInstant I am getting very nervous about if I shall receive my bitcoins, and if I do in what timely manner I should. Advertising yourselves as an "instant" way of converting cash into bitcoin and being the complete opposite of that is not a smart business plan. So please, while I am still trying to look at this situation in a positive light, I would love some information, but even more I would love my bitcoins.

This is my transaction info:
Date    06/16/13 16:07
Transaction ID    b4b86604-9d2e-4cb7-9fe3-d069dd34dee5
Money Source    Local Cash Deposit (700k Locations)
Account Number    N/A
Destination    Bitcoin Wallet Address
Amount    $144.95 USD

Please respond ASAP
nightwolf2013

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:25:59 AM

Hi I sent a Bitcoin-email transfer on JUNE 1st 2013 and still no bitcoins in my email. I have contacted coinapult and bitinstant but still no response.

Gabe Sukenik of coinapult emailed me but he has not responded to my response email for 10 days.

Here is my information:

OrderID: 29618d6d-9a17-4f99-a837-1c310fb9a2ba
EventID: 49c064b5-973e-4b72-a446-da0818c8b46f
QuoteID: 5dae435b-2410-4e36-9680-2efa9370fa17

$192.02 hang in the balance. Please rescue me! Smiley

It's been over 2 weeks, and I have been patient because I know you guys are really busy, but can someone please fix my situation?

Thank you for your help!!

EDIT: I sincerely apologize to URSAY. His response email was put into a different box in my mail. HOWEVER, my target email address for the bitcoins did not receive an email containing the coinapult bitcoins. I have emailed URSAY from a different address.

If your issue is in the hands of Coinapult support then I can't help much.  I know they have a support back log as well so I would suggest you stay patient and respond to your support ticket as needed.

To elaborate on this, this order was sent to coinapult and we got back a successful response from their API, but traditionally tormail has been problematic. If you still haven't gotten a response from coinapult please update your support ticket and provide an alternate email address.

Thanks for the reply URSAY, Gareth, and Alyssa (support ticket responder).

i responded to my support ticket. If all works out, you'll have my continued business in the future!

thank you
valuecoin

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:12:04 AM

Charlie got me taken care of!
Thanks BitInstant.
Loser15

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:59:18 AM

Have you gotten an e-mail from them back yet?

nope!  Undecided
AngryCustomer

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:30:57 PM

Hey, I never got my fee refund from last weeks backlog. I emailed support twice with no reply. When can I expect my refund?
Harry7139

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:12:54 PM

I purchased BC from Bitinstant yesterday morning.... I used Moneygram and have a syncronized on line wallet (Multibit) with a wallet address that I verified 3 times before requesting so I know that it's correct..  You sent me an email saying you have been paid however my transaction failed and has not been processed... no reason... and still no BC.. Fortunately I ordered a small amount, as I have read previous bad reviews about Bitinstant. I completely understand as to acceptable delays.... I don't like to be left hanging... I am hoping someone here can address my issues and help me complete this transaction restoring my faith back in Bitinstant:)... I will be happy to provide any further information needed should someone at least reply to this post...  Thanks:)

A Great Day to All ! Smiley
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:25:39 PM

Hey, I never got my fee refund from last weeks backlog. I emailed support twice with no reply. When can I expect my refund?

Fee refunds will take a bit longer then a regular transaction issue.  Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve your issue.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:26:20 PM

I purchased BC from Bitinstant yesterday morning.... I used Moneygram and have a syncronized on line wallet (Multibit) with a wallet address that I verified 3 times before requesting so I know that it's correct..  You sent me an email saying you have been paid however my transaction failed and has not been processed... no reason... and still no BC.. Fortunately I ordered a small amount, as I have read previous bad reviews about Bitinstant. I completely understand as to acceptable delays.... I don't like to be left hanging... I am hoping someone here can address my issues and help me complete this transaction restoring my faith back in Bitinstant:)... I will be happy to provide any further information needed should someone at least reply to this post...  Thanks:)

A Great Day to All ! Smiley

Please log your issue at support.bitinstant.com so we can help you further.  Thanks.
shinobishozuku

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:43:53 PM

I have logged my issues at support.bitinstant.com multiple times, several days ago, and have received no help, no response.  Transaction ID's are e317118b-8a5c-409d-841c-9d6099cf163e and 48db6513-cbb5-4d4a-b946-5afe813353b6.  Can somebody please help, or at least let me know how long I might have to wait before you can help??

Thanks.
magicmike20

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:32:14 PM

This morning I tried to create a Local Cash Deposit transaction as a guest on the website and it gave me a message that there was a problem with one of BitInstant's partners and to try again later.

I just tried to create a New Transaction (only the second time today) as a guest and upon submitting my personal information received an error message stating that I have exceeded my daily limit? I haven't made any transactions in the past 48 hours so I don't know why the system would think otherwise...

My question to BitInstant Support: Is it possible to have the limit reset today so I can actually create an order?
xerces8

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:47:24 PM

So no more BitStamp support since the redesign?
I don't see it listed even in the fee list.

On the other hand it is mentioned in the FAQ.

But on https://www.bitinstant.com/ under "Transfer Funds" it is not listed as source neither  as destination.

Will it be back?
Pages: « 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: