Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:12:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Recovery Services  (Read 4788 times)
walletrecoveryservices (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 08:39:18 AM

Hi
I have put together a service to help you recover your wallet password (for your encrypted bitcoin wallet) if you have forgotten it.
Refer to walletrecoveryservices.com
I hope this will be useful to someone.
Cheers
Dave

Providing Cryptocurrency Wallet, Password and Seed Recovery Services since 2013
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:46:51 AM

How does it work. I am afraid to click the link.

Let me guess: We send you a backup of our wallet for you to try and crack and then trust you not to import the keys to your own wallet after the work is done?

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 08:53:11 AM

Yes, pretty much Smiley
However there are ways for you to send me the parts (addresses) of the wallet that do not contain any bitcoins, yet nevertheless enable a brute force attempt to be made on the encryption. This way, it is impossible for me to steal your money.
(as per other scripts etc previously published on this forum, just done much better)
Read threads like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85495.msg941818#msg941818 etc, etc to verify these statements. (do not take my word for it)
Cheers,
Dave

farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:09:06 AM

Well if you don't steal the coins, your services are required a lot. Grin
J35st3r

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:28:30 AM

OK sounds legit, are you prepared to divulge your prior ID(s) for the purpose of building trust?

Hi
I'm a newbie (at least for posting purposes under this guise - I've been around bitcoins for yonks)

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 08:22:17 PM

Hi
Originally, I was going to give out my real identity. I haven't got anything to hide.
However a friend pointed out that one day, down the track, when bitcoins are worth $10k++ each, anyone and everyone who has a few bitcoins will become a target for the russian mafia to track down and demand bitcoins in return for retaining one's kneecaps. Smiley  I suggest all people out there consider this fact - we are the new rich 1%, after all Smiley
So, I've returned to this forum with a somewhat more hidden identity.

Hopefully, over time, as I help people recover their wallet bitcoins, trust will build up.
Regards,
Dave

J35st3r

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:35:45 PM

Hi
Originally, I was going to give out my real identity. I haven't got anything to hide.
However a friend pointed out that one day, down the track, when bitcoins are worth $10k++ each, anyone and everyone who has a few bitcoins will become a target for the russian mafia to track down and demand bitcoins in return for retaining one's kneecaps. Smiley  I suggest all people out there consider this fact - we are the new rich 1%, after all Smiley
So, I've returned to this forum with a somewhat more hidden identity.

Hopefully, over time, as I help people recover their wallet bitcoins, trust will build up.
Regards,
Dave

OK, understood. Just quoting for the record.

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 10:01:27 PM

lol definitly not legit. You can bet every bitcoin in your wallet their going to rob you if they crack your wallet.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:46:40 AM

He must be able to do it, but he will steal your coins.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
ShoopDaWhoop

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:49:43 AM

If you can actually bruteforce a good password, there's a real problem here.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 01:51:15 AM

Hi
You are all suspicious, and rightfully so.
If you read up on the bitcoin wallet format, you will understand things better.
The encryption on the wallet is performed by encrypting the 'master key'. The addresses (which effectively store the bitcoins) are not encrypted by the user's password, except via the master key.
When the wallet is first created, 100 addresses are initialized and stored. (the 'key pool'). Most people use only a few dozen addresses (unless they are very active bitcoin users), leaving many addresses in the wallet that are encrypted with the master key, but that hold no money.
Therefore, it is possible to send to someone the encrypted master key information, and some addresses that do not hold any bitcoins yet. A brute force hack of the passphrase is then possible, without me (or whoever) ever able to know your other addresses (the ones with the bitcoins). This means that it is possible to allow me to attempt to brute force decrypt the wallet, without putting your bitcoins at any risk of theft.

Read up on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Securing_your_wallet or http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/11018/what-does-bitcoin-qt-change-passphrase-do-to-existing-private-keys-and-corr or http://www.rugatu.com/questions/10033/the-bitcoin-protocol-is-under-ssl-or-some-encryption.
You can also read the open source code that makes up the bitcoin program.

Hopefully some knowledgeable trustworthy forum users will verify these facts. (even though they cannot verify that I am personally trustworthy!)

As to whether the brute force decryption is possible, that depends solely on how much of the password you remember. As I state on the website (walletrecoveryservices.com), it is effectively impossible to decrypt a wallet with a strong but completely unknown password.

Regards,
Dave

LylerHochstetler

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:32:47 AM

Dave just recovered my ppcoin wallet he did exactly as promised thx! Dave @ walletrecoveryservices@gmail.com
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:01:51 AM

Removed two of my negative posts regarding Dave and his service from this thread.  Initially I posted warnings when he first advertised his service advising against using.  I was attempting to warn new people of the tremendous risk of dealing with someone new that "claims" they can help and not steal your money.  Dave has now proven to members of the community that his service is valuable and he has been honest.  

Additionally I heard the nice review letstalkbitcoins gave!

For these reasons and to be fair I have withdrawn those early posts.  So as you read through the thread be aware the gaps in the conversation are probably where I deleted the posts.

Good job sir.....
discolemonade

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:59:53 PM

I already posted a review of this service in the longer thread about it, but at Wallet Recovery Services' request, I thought I would post it here too.  Short answer: Everything worked perfectly

Sorry to shamelessly link to my blog, but here is my lengthy recap of my situation and how the process of working with Wallet Recovery Services went down: http://devsbitcoinblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/my-stupidity-is-another-mans.html

A lot of the content in the post will be obvious to most people on this forum, it's targeted at people with only a very basic familiarity with Bitcoin. 
MoogDiesel

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:16:45 PM

I just used this service yesterday with great success. I created an account here just to bolster this thread's message. Dogecoin was on the line and the contact didn't take any coin after I told him to take 20% as they requested as a service payment. Service was short and sweet. Definitely legit and true.
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:51:51 PM

Hi!

I might be interested in your services as I have recently forgotten my multibit password.... I hope that a good night sleep will help me but just in case i'm glad you are here

what are your fees though ? according to devraj blogpost its 10% but it seems its 20% now !
phibay

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:09:20 PM

A lost wallet i don think it can be recover , theres a lot lost bitcoin out there why don you do it ?
dbwilkins

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:09:38 AM

Hope you don't steal the coins, because your services looks very useful!
madsquirrel

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:11:52 AM

Is this service save? I need any service to recover my wallet password
Kiki112

Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:27:07 AM

How does it work. I am afraid to click the link.

Let me guess: We send you a backup of our wallet for you to try and crack and then trust you not to import the keys to your own wallet after the work is done?

well, if you can't crack them yourself you're still left with no coins Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: