Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:15:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5898 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:26:59 PM

We need more women in Crypto that's for sure but I think because the nature of crypto markets is to be aggressive it seems to me there are a hell of a lot more mail traders and miners. There are some of us women getting into crypto now and I have been a apart of the crypto landscape now for over three years on and off. I am also teaching many friends about crypto and my family.                                    

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LuXiiRaS

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:37:02 PM

I think it's just women psychologies, men are more adventurous and into technology than women.
So that's why women are less involved and have less knowledge on BTC.
burnedbyfees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:57:54 PM

Because there's no quotas.

Women who want to do it can do it, no-one's going to help them or stop them, but in spite of all the propaganda you hear, men and women are different and like different things.

There are some women though.

Deddy_Kazekage

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:03:13 PM

Perhaps most women are afraid of Digital. ..but also most women are just housewives and too much busy taking care of their household ..
yaking

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 03:04:31 PM

I actually got my girlfriend into bitcoins, she's still not super interested but she takes a peak at the current price of BTC atleast once a day Roll Eyes
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:05:25 PM

There are also but few. Perhaps because of the women who want to work hard and many of them are not open minded in this matter. So they have no interest in entering such a thing. And another one I'm looking at is that the women are not pathetic. Look at your wife what she's doing and you'll know what the answer is right now

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
rajuahmed330

Activity: 450

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:28:52 PM

maybe women are more into men with bitcoins
Yes, you just said it could be. Because if men want women to do it, even if they want it in their own name.

Be hardworker
bakerlisa510

Activity: 183
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:48:07 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
“It’s crazy, people come in here all the time,” and ask about women all the time! Why? It is their choice... "Who says according to survey" will be always correct the Google will not be knowing the main user of the wallets or Cryptocurrency IDs. In fact I also have wallet in my Bfs name but I am into Bitcoin.
chicobr

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:19:09 PM

I think women are not interested in trading and investing. Maybe they are more suitable for stable works.
Hach

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:28:15 PM

Usually, women are less interested in new technologies and internet business than men. Maybe they are few, but i saw many women doing well in crypto business.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:31:20 PM

I think women are not interested in trading and investing. Maybe they are more suitable for stable works.

Only some women but not all women are not interested to it.  It is just that women are not that risk taker and that always been scared and afraid.  I have friends who are into bitcoins and they are women.  It is much more men who are working to it and tried what should be done.
deean_3one

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:37:11 PM

Because not many women know about bitcoin. I feel lucky to be one of the women who joined in bitcoin.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Kattleya

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:42:19 PM

This is me speaking as a woman. I was already acquainted to the crypto community for a year before I actually got interested in it. Personally, my impression on it years back was that it was too complicated. I'd rather work and get the money physically. Number 2 reason is also lack of knowledge on it. I didn't have the patience to dig in and self-educate, which is what we need to do to get involve in it. The resources of people teaching you and training you is limited. I learned through experience in my job.

I also agree when some said there are more men, because men are more inclined to working in the IT industry. This is so true. Where I am working now, there are only 2 of us who are women. That is for the entire company. I guess that explains much about the 4%.  Grin
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:45:10 PM

The report shows, women's involvement is negligible in crypto market. I think this is due to lack of awareness only. Crypto market is not only safe for everyone also very prestigious.
MJunioR

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:46:58 PM

Wall Street also don't have a lot of women doing daily business there and there was much less when they begun. What I'm trying to say is that market, trading, doing business is a thing that men is way more interested than women.
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:49:43 PM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

Maybe because women are doubtful and that they are not really into risk.  Although I have friends who are into bitcoin and they are girls.  It just so happened that bitcoin is much known by male because men are always into games.  But I am sure, women can do it and much more what men can achieve.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ayuwick

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:03:29 PM

hay friends there are women who use bitcoin and are interested in bitcoin, here i can make money but still can take care of family .. i am woman here. I am a woman but I was taught by my husband about bitcoin and I was made a bitcointalk account by him because he was busy working so he did not use bitcointalk account or other bitcoin activities. while I'm at home and not working, if you ask. . why so far rarely or even not encounter women using bitcoin account and so i am female and i am active bitcoin user
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:09:15 PM

Maybe men's are more aggressive when it comes money also men's are open minded and easy to learned, some women are doubtful the risky in investment they scared at.
Male are more productive in money when it come financial problem as breedwinner of their family he fine way to have extra income.

Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:03:59 AM

yes, of course I read from some media that the majority who participated in the crypto world is male, this is because men are role models and leaders for women, and in terms of character too emotion and persistence of men is bigger, so I see that women are more busy with other things like vacationing, educating children, shopping, and serving men.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:12:32 AM

i dont think its a lack of females in bitcoin; its a lack of female forum participants, as my linkedin is full of very successful female ceos/upper management at crypto startups. you have to understand the essential issue with surveys; they are self reported. basically, you have to give a fuck about what the survey is measuring, to even respond. furthermore, you have to actually get the survey. I notice that demographics skew american, despite the fact that there are obviously more Indian and Chinese market participants.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: