Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.55 BTC = 7.1GH/s KnCMiner Jupiter. InfiniteHash.com BETA - Miners HERE!  (Read 20517 times)
Adeel06 (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:49:56 AM

According to what I was told by KnC, they have made it relatively impossible to overclock using their GUI. I can try to get some coders on it, though, if the chips burn out at a higher rate, I think KnC would not replace them, which would be bad news for us. ;/
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:10:19 AM

Sorry if I double e-mail some people. I also refunded some people that bought shares and am going to have to go through and make sure that those people don't try to pull a fast one on me and get paid for something they asked for a refund for in the first place.
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:26:18 PM

Greetings Everyone!

First I want to make a special thanks to the people who are helping me set these miners up, including cooling, etc.

My father, my younger brother, Robin I and Chris M. Thank you so much for your time and efforts helping us getting these miners up and running as fast as humanely possible while also ensuring everything is good to go. A special thanks to everyone who spent their hard earned bitcoins just to be a part of this group buy. I know that it is hard parting with bitcoins, but other mining cooperatives like ourselves are the reason for this increase in BTC price, so thank you for helping Bitcoin grow! Hopefully the price will continue rising over the years and one day all of our efforts will be worth it. By the way, most of this message was already worked on, don't worry, I'm not taking time off from our miners. I just want to give an update on everything that we did to have the best possible scenario for our miners. I apologize that I did not take pictures of every single box, since most of them have been thrown out over time, we were supposed to have had our miners for over a month now and we pre-planned for a mid-September Shipment date as KnC had initially promised, though they also promised like 250 GH/s, so I'm fine with the extra month wait for 2 times more hashing power!

(Remember, no one was charged for any of this extra equipment)

First, we had to decide on whether we wanted to go wireless or wired with our routers for the miners. My brother and I decided on having wired units since wireless units could cause a loss of packets of information which in turn would mean a loss of shares that are mined, which basically means less bitcoins for us. For each miner we bought a brand new ethernet cord.

Next, in terms of electricity, most wires are 16 gauge wires (this is the thickness of the actual conductive material in the wire). Instead of using those, we special ordered 14 gauge wires so that more electricity could pass through the cords. This is another one of those small things, that we all decided to do, just to make sure that there are no lack of power issues. For each miner we bought it's own dedicated 14 gauge wire running into it.

Next, we needed to find a power supply that would suffice for this mining. As it turned out, our first purchase of power supplies was indicated on the KnCminer forums as being a bad choice for Jupiters (Corsair based). We instead switched to V1000's that are CoolerMaster Based and LEPA's with Gold Ratings. These will be able to supply constant electricity to the miners so they may run, without the fear of a fire, etc.

These things were all purchased and unboxed prior to the miners arriving so that when they finally did arrive, we could pretty much plug and play, or so we thought.

In the shipping from Sweden to America, first the boxes were opened by customs in Malmo Sturup, Sweden, next they made their long trip over to the Central of the United States. While in that travel, every single miner had some sort of problem associated with it. These problems were small, but almost every single internal fan was knocked off in the shipping process.

The way we have it set up is, that first, all of the fans that were knocked off during shipping, were repaired, or put back on to the units. We have it so all of the hot air is traveling in one direction, towards the front of the miners. The air conditioned air blows into the back of the miners, at which point it is heated by the internal elements that make up a KnCminer (ASIC chips, pcbs etc), this air is then pulled out utilizing a Lasko Box Fan. We decided to go with these fans because of the fact that they could be set up on the miners with more ease. The other fans we looked at would not allow for a simple contraption with a steel pipe holding the fan up at it's optimal height pulling air out of the miners.

Front of 2 KnCminers -

Back of 2 KnCminers -

Other assorted equipment -

Treadnet Switch (Don't have the boxes for the 2 routers anymore.)

20" Lasko Fan

CoolerMaster V1000 and LEPA 1000 Gold Power Supplies (Don't have many of these boxes, but found 6-7 of them for photos)

100ft ethernet cables

25ft ethernet cables

Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:28:20 PM

Also, as I previously stated, we have decided on BTCGuild instead of Eligius even though they charge a fee. This is because they are solving more than the amount of blocks they should, and the pool luck has stayed at or above, or around 100 since I started trying to figure out where to mine, while Eligius has gone far below 100, dropping all the way down to 43% luck, which just is unacceptable for a large mining operation. If anyone has any questions regarding this, please PM me here. Thank you.
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:35:53 PM

The first 2 pics are the 2 Jupiters that were set up first, I will now go back to working on certain small nuances that are necessary, if anyone needs me, PM Me.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:01:19 PM

That's great Adeel! Keep up the good work and let us know when they start hashing!
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:06:23 PM

Any news?  
soapmodem

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:24:56 PM

Are we hashing?

I have 2 saturns and get nowhere near the hashrate on BTC Guild as on Eligius (480 GH/s versus 527GH/s, respectively). Also, at Eligius my Accepted Shares rate is over 90%, whereas at BTC guild it comes in at about 65%.

Eligius and Bitminter seem to be the best hashrate-wise, at least for me. P2Pool is terrible, EMC terrible. Slush's Pool and Ozcoin pretty good.
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:54:53 PM

Yes we are hashing, we have been since yesterday, but I left them pointed to BTC guild as they find blocks on a more consistent basis. Sometimes eligius doesn't find a block for 2-3 hours. Below are some examples:

Block Time                  Round Duration (Time it took to find last block) in HH:MM:SS
2013-10-22 08:57:53   03:02:57
2013-10-22 07:02:47   01:55:06

Obviously other times they hit blocks faster, but with BTCGuild, on average, they hit a block every 30-40 minutes. Plus we're on their VIP server so in the event they get DDOS'ed, the VIP server won't go down so these puppies should never stop mining! Smiley

Also, BTCGuild spits out excel files of our earnings so we can prove we aren't shafting anyone. This is the most important thing to me because I have seen how other people have gotten screwed by bitcointalk groupbuys constantly and I feel as though if this currency is going to keep growing, we need more honest people doing honest hard work that is verifiable as opposed to people who continually are scheming on how to make a quick "coin" and robbing honest hardworking individuals.

jungle_dave

Activity: 200

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:04:33 PM

Adeel + family and friends have a big job setting up everything and finding creative solutions for broken ventilators, mis-matched wires and the likes.
As a field engineer myself I've been there. Everyone is hungry for info, me too but lets be patient.
Adeel, take your time and get our boxes tuned and humming!
Im also eager to see our first returns but let engineers set it up right first.
That said, looking forward to our first operational update soon..

Best of luck to team Adeel!
soapmodem

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:36:39 PM

Obviously other times they hit blocks faster, but with BTCGuild, on average, they hit a block every 30-40 minutes. Plus we're on their VIP server so in the event they get DDOS'ed, the VIP server won't go down so these puppies should never stop mining! Smiley

Also, BTCGuild spits out excel files of our earnings so we can prove we aren't shafting anyone. This is the most important thing to me because I have seen how other people have gotten screwed by bitcointalk groupbuys constantly and I feel as though if this currency is going to keep growing, we need more honest people doing honest hard work that is verifiable as opposed to people who continually are scheming on how to make a quick "coin" and robbing honest hardworking individuals.
Oh, that works. Awesome.

Thanks to you and your family and friends for their efforts. Smiley
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:38:04 PM

Awesome to see a fellow host succeed Smiley
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:48:16 AM

Adeel + family and friends have a big job setting up everything and finding creative solutions for broken ventilators, mis-matched wires and the likes.
As a field engineer myself I've been there. Everyone is hungry for info, me too but lets be patient.
Adeel, take your time and get our boxes tuned and humming!
Im also eager to see our first returns but let engineers set it up right first.
That said, looking forward to our first operational update soon..

Best of luck to team Adeel!

Oh we are definitely operational already Dave! Coins are being made at the moment Cheesy! We had people over so that as soon as I got home from the UPS facility, we could get straight to work. I even made my friend open a box on the ride home to see the shipping damage >Smiley. I will post more pics later tonight or tomorrow since it's my parents anniversary today.

Adeel
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:04:31 AM

Awesome to see a fellow host succeed Smiley

Thanks you Bob, congratulations to your groupbuy as well! Smiley
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:06:27 AM

Oh, that works. Awesome.

Thanks to you and your family and friends for their efforts. Smiley

Thank you soapmodem. Since they never get on the forums I will extend your thanks to them Smiley
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:05:23 PM

I'm sure you watch the updates but just in case you missed it: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-56

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:49:33 AM

Nope, I was trying to figure out what we should do though, stick to .96, or have to restart the miners for .97. They are not giving us many issues at this point because we have a really cool set-up that most other miners don't (not being arrogant just saying my dad is one hell of an engineer, i wasnt even smart enough to think of it! ;P) so i don't know if we should switch this moment. I am going to wait and read reviews on the 97 firmware first.
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:50:19 AM

By the way, restarting the miners means downtime, and we don't like downtime because thats' lost money early in the miners life where it creates the most profitability.
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:57:06 AM

Just read another KnC group buy where the group buy runner kept the hashrate at the rate that KnC supplied from their end, when he made the purchase. "[REOPENED]KnCMiner Saturn 1.7BTC=6.25GHs | 2/2 Shares Rig Arriving Tomorrow". Really pisses me off that people do this kinda crap. We had an initial reading of only 5 GH/s, then KnC claimed faster speeds, we once again moved up to 5.77 GH/s, then KnC claimed faster speeds again, but instead of updating it again at this point, we already were waiting for our boxes to arrive and wanted to know what the hashrate would be to the pool that we joined etc. Now that we have figured that number out, we once again gave a new rate of 7.1 GH/s per share, while other group buys still have the initial speed. Sad. I don't think this is a huge scam compared to the others I have read about, but every "dollar" (bitcoin) matters and to screw people out of even small amounts is just uncool. Especially when I think that some of these people may be like my mother and not have too much technical understanding of bitcoin and it's intricate processes.

Anyway, I'm working on some stuff for the miners today. I will have updates when possible. Trying to improve airflow quality even further so we can try to squeeze the maximum possible out of these babies. Smiley

-Adeel
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:49:23 AM

There is a 3-9 hour warm-up period when we install new firmware where the miner will produce lower hashrates at the pool level until it has acclimated itself.

Not sure why this happens, but it happens to everyone with a kncminer, as shown here http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/10016-97-firmware-feedback  

We will continually be checking but at this point, some systems got no gains, while others did gain performance 5-10 GH/s.

I will keep you guys posted.

-Adeel

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: