Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:34:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Privacy getting important: Verge or Spectrecoin or DeepOnion??  (Read 1891 times)
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:45:31 PM

Verge for more than 2 years already. She's earned her place and showed stability. This year she made happy a few hundred people who bought it even at 1 sat and sold more than 150. X200 this year made verge the highest price I think was around 240

From the technology point of view, anonymity is not Equal Xscpectr. None of the Thor platform is not to compete with her. Now greatly underestimated. only 4000 sat is

Have deeponion one of the fastest growing communities in the crypt. Developers pretty interesting planned tocoi way AIRDROP baunty and this attracted so many people to your project.

About investments I would invest 40% in Xspectr 40% ONION 20% verge

High risk high payoff

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mR.k0fka

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:35:29 PM

Verge and Spectrecoin could be great
but verge is working more on marketing
spectrecoin really want to be anonymous
bitcointarget

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:46:22 PM

For the privacy purposes, you easily pick Monero or zcash. They're perfect and there is no question about their reputation in the way they work and operate. The other would be waste of time for me actually.
SafeCoins

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 07:36:46 AM

did Spectre successfully implement zero knowledge as once was indicated, and if so, how does it compare with the zerocoin protocol?
d0d15

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:18:02 PM

did Spectre successfully implement zero knowledge as once was indicated, and if so, how does it compare with the zerocoin protocol?
Spectrecoin doesn't use zero knowledge proofs (but ring signatures), and it is good so. ZFS (Zero knowledge proof method) requires trusted setup, what is quite bad situation for crypto currency. It is almost impossible or at least very complicated and difficult to do it properly.
In order to have zero proofs, one has to create a private key, which is very dangerous, because it makes possible for everyone with the key to forge proofs. Private key is required only temporarily, and according to protocol it should be destroyed, but who can guarantee you this, that no one present at the time of the key creation won't see/remember/save the key for later use?
d0d15

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:29:56 PM

For the privacy purposes, you easily pick Monero or zcash. They're perfect and there is no question about their reputation in the way they work and operate. The other would be waste of time for me actually.

Zcache uses zero knowledge proofs, what requires trusted setup. Read the post above for explanation, or better google it to understand why is that an issue.

Monero is great coin, but spectrecoin is also good, and definitely undervalued, which is a great opportunity for investment. It already has Tor obfuscation OBFS4(One can use it ie behind Great Firewall of Chine, which blocks Tor. Tested), stealth addresses etc., and should very soon (I would say Q1 2018, maybe end of 2017) receive significant update (1.4), to be followed with even better one (2.0).
Grossthschild

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:48:00 PM

https://i.imgur.com/AnVWvcY.jpg

i can only say this : xspec is currently undervalued and their tech/dev team is currently working hard on the software, they lack marketing but they are pretty new imo

Totally agree. It is only luck/timing, being in the right place at the right time, that XSPEC = 0,40$ - Monero 120$ - Dash 450$

I like XMR a little better, XSPEC is like DSH in that regard that it allows non-anonymous transactions which is very bad for privacy. Exchanges etc. could force customers to use the public transaction type.

But hey, DSH is 1000 times higher than XSPEC and does not have tor integration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoooooot,
So Spectre was 0.4 USD
It is now 2 USD.

I found it pretty fast confirmation, couple seconds.
It is also bery cool

It specs speaks for it self.

I like staking, it makes coin to make network stronger.
Low power, strong annonymous coin.
http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin

I ll give it a shoot from my bitcoin cash benefit.
I ll buy more after selling more BCH
xshadowx

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:23:22 PM

Verge, even Monero accepted on twitter:

d3nz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:41:10 PM

I would say that Deep Onion is much secured and when it comes to features it dominates other altcoins.

Deep Onion is community is good very friendly and you can learn a lot from their official forum.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:00:31 PM

All the other coins can do all they want and say all the want, but to me the only real use anonymity alt is Monero. Yes, I am well aware it is behind price wise of Dash and Zcash,,, but I have never still seen use for those two coins, so for me, I cannot really explain how I as a normal user would ever need them when Monero already meets all my needs. Also, it is not getting important, it has always been important. Bitcoin still values privacy a lot. It is anonymity you are talking about I am sure.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RayDali0

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:16:59 PM

I feel that in the coming years privacy coins will become more important. One of the features of cryptocurrency should be anonymous money transfers, at least this feature should lure many customers.
Look at the Muslim world and its completely private Hawala money transfer system.
1.3 billion people use the Hawala system.
So I am down to three privacy coins to eventually invest into on of those:

Verge, Deeponion and Spectre.

Could you give me an educated opinion which of the three has the best chances to rise, maybe not to the moon but tenfold would be nice. That is of course if customers should decide to make privacy an important feature when buying a coin.

Spectre could be the dark horse of the three coins you gave but Monero would still be the king.

It seems that I have to agree here.
Spectre can be a dark horse while Monero ll be the king.

Spectre is a dark horse with superior specification.
Just love it
RenaiSHITechnology

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:16:50 PM

Verge and Spectrecoin could be great
but verge is working more on marketing
spectrecoin really want to be anonymous

You are right.
I also found this coin very fast,
It can not be blocked by any government as it is integrated with TOR.

Amazing capabilities as annonymous coin.
I ll keep more
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:49:30 PM

ZENCASH (ZEN) for TRUE Privacy and If you don't want ending up crying your heart out (yes deeponion we are looking at you)

Zencash is just a zcash clone. Those transactions are not as private as you think.

Here is a research paper that explains it it detail. http://jeffq.com/blog/on-the-linkability-of-zcash-transactions/
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:49:37 AM

ZCL is doing amazingly good price wise lol . I'd stay away from xvg, just one dev, his github looks like a joke, I bet that he fill find again an excuse for the next missed deadline for wraith protocol

Lynx79

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:16:10 AM

I agree. Coins focusing on Privacy became attractive within the last weeks (Verge, XSpec...). My questions is just looking into the world of todays business,  big players in the industry and finance landscape for sure do not want this.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 11:21:23 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 12:48:18 PM by generalizethis

Verge, even Monero accepted on twitter:

You are aware that that's a bot and Monero is FOSS--not sure who runs that bot, but it probably aggregates news from twitter or reddit--so calling it an endorsement by Monero is pretty lame (not sure if you are ignorant of how news bots work or are being disingenuous).

Verge is just another shitcoin in parade of shitcoins that treat privacy as a feature and care more about claims than honest evaluation. The pattern is to claim some magical privacy upgrade, pump the price based on that upgrade and not deliver when it is supposed to be delivered.  What's great is they never explain how the upgrade works in a whitepaper and usually keep it closed source so no one knowledgeable can examine the code. The pattern is used so much that I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the same devs doing it over and over again. In verge's case, they didn't hide the code, but merely tried to fool everyone into believing that TOR integration was the holygrail of privacy and that TOR integration is all you need to stay private. The reality is that IP data is not TX data, so unless you live in a country that has banned using cryptocurrencies, you do not gain anything by having TOR bolted on--people in these countries already can use most any coin over TOR or I2p, so even then, you are just skipping an easy step. The actual hard part is onchain anonymity (hiding the TX data).

tuiputui

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:50:39 AM

Take care with Verge...

It´s a childish community (mostly comming from doge, as verge was DOGECOIN DARK before rebranding to verge) and they are faking twitter accounts and photoshoping screenshots...

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH..

Monero is not saying anything about Verge... it´s fake accounts...

Mcafee is not recommending Verge... (he just commented it could be 0.15$ in a long term...). All the rest are fake news made by the Verge kids...

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/946052577539579906
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/946041450415972352

As i said... Watchout...
cerealino123

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:43:10 PM

Look at this hidden gem

Kurt
Www.kurtproject.com
Very smart anonim tech
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:51:27 PM

If I had to choose, I would choose XVG. XVG has a very large community, very stable value with long-term development DEV team, XVG is always in the top coin has the most trading coinmarkercap. These are the reasons I would choose XVG instead of Spectrecoin and Deep Onion.
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:33:03 PM

ONION is interesting, but is it still only distributed via airdrop? Do they also have a burn supply or is it artificially limited?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: