Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:22:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will there ever be a Bitcoin Bank  (Read 3734 times)
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:39:49 PM

Well, bitcoin is already a bank itself, so it doesn't make sense to create a bitcoin bank.
But, of course, there could be company who lend bitcoin, who make mortgages, leasing and so on.
But this is more about financial services than bank.

AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:56:27 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 01:47:17 PM by AVAMONEY

On Blockchain.info, they said Bitcoin as your own Bank. You can control your own wallet without intervention central bank.
However, in its development several companies have also published Bitcoin Debit Card products, such as Wirex, Spectrocoin. Which service as both wallet saving and can be using for online shopping. Of course, this wallet controlled by finance group, which function similar as Bank.
namejiandan

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:03:16 AM

if we have the bitcoin bank that means we can despoit our coin to the bank and received the interest

in a specific time , it sounds not a bad thing.

dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:10:32 AM

Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.

Its possible to have bitcoin bank but for me this will be happen if the government makes bitcoin as a real currency. But as of now its impossible because I think a lot of people will disagree about this if that bank is centralized. For me I don't want bitcoin to be centralized because the government will going to have power to control it. It is still okay to just have a online wallet or offline wallet.
nemesis_

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:30:15 AM

It is possible. But for now, I don't think so. As we all know, it is decentralized. Having a bank also mean that it will be centralized and its features as a decentralized currency might be lost. Also, once bitcoin has its own bank, I think it will not be different from any other currency.

wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:05:05 AM

Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.
Lending in bitcoin is very risky for many reasons, to begin with, once you give your bitcoin away you've no way to get it back, so if bitcoin banks will become a reality it seems to me they're going to follow the same philosophy of loans in the forum, if you have no collateral then you get no loan, in this way the banks can be sure you're not just going to run away with their bitcoin.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 04:07:52 AM

due To its high value now I dont think that it is really quite secure for a bitcoin bank to hold that large akount of coins because if there is but one successful hacker and he is able to take a lot of coins then that person is an instant multimillionaire

cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:04:49 AM

why do we need to have a bitcoin bank if we can store every bitcoin in our wallet, cryptocurrencies is one way of technology where people be more productive than having your money in the bank.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:13:58 AM

The decentralised aspect is more important in bitcoin because people like to be liberated from governments control and if by the ways bitcoin becomes centralised, bitcoin banks are possible then but this would change everything in the crypto economy. No body will be more interested in bitcoin because anonymity remains no more with bitcoin when it is controlled by governments
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:21:04 AM

i have seen first time about bitcoin bank thread. I don't think that bitcoin bank will be interested by people because people already using bank system for their own currencies which are not like to anyone because of high taxes. So i think everyone has his own online bitcoin account which is secure and easy to use and that is best forever.
Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:26:36 AM

I think it is possible, but I dont think it will happen the sooner, maybe if the value of bitcoin becomes stable. Also bitcoins is widely accepted.
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:40:46 AM

If there would be a centralized bank of btc that it would be a contradictory to its whitepaper and its mission at the same time as it aims to make money a decentralized asset so it is better to not be
I agree I think it is not the purpose of bitcoin. To have a bank that holds bitcoin wouldn't really be necessary because there different kinds of wallet in the market where in you're the one in control of your money. I think that is what people like about bitcoin, if ever there's going to be a bitcoin bank I hope it is for the better.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:50:53 AM

Its possible to have bitcoin bank but for me this will be happen if the government makes bitcoin as a real currency. But as of now its impossible because I think a lot of people will disagree about this if that bank is centralized. For me I don't want bitcoin to be centralized because the government will going to have power to control it. It is still okay to just have a online wallet or offline wallet.

For now, I think there are lots of ATM of bitcoin which is spread over the world, so may be bank will be in no time soon enough but when it comes to bank, you have to deal with every regulations that government want, which is not good for bitcoin investors and in the worst case price will drop significantly which big holder do not want this to happens
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:21:28 PM

I don't think so. I can't imagine that there will a bitcoin bank. But believe bitcoin maybe someday in the future.

However for now in our country I don't know is there a bank that accept bitcoin. But I know someday there is a man in our country that will be make way to build bitcoin bank, hope so!
last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:37:54 PM

I see that there are ideas for implementing a decentralized bank of crypto currency, but so far no one has succeeded in implementing them. The state will certainly never create a bank for bitcoins or other coins.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:46:12 AM

I don't see the need for one, We have our wallets for that purpose. If
banks were to implement bitcoins, wouldn't that disrupt bitcoin's whole
decentralized component? Maybe there is way for banks and bitcoins
to coincide but that may take some time and a lot of test, a prototype
system might be launch soon since bitcoin is making a huge impact
on everything and everyone. Bitcoin will never go unnoticed after it's
record high pump last year.
balakang00

Activity: 266

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:28:43 AM

Possibly it will because people keep coming ang enjoying the opportunity bitcoin community is giving. Soon when it reaches bigger community or circle of people, it will be needing a bank.

Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:54:42 AM

I think the presence of a bitcoin bank is a very good thing, the bitcoin bank function is like a wallet and can guarantee the security of the bitcoin we keep, and I hope it will be realized soon.
pinggoki

Activity: 1512
Merit: 418

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:04:13 AM

I think the presence of a bitcoin bank is a very good thing, the bitcoin bank function is like a wallet and can guarantee the security of the bitcoin we keep, and I hope it will be realized soon.
Indeed, having a bitcoin bank will be a good idea and it is possible now because as of now bitcoin adoption is becoming bigger. It is not impossible to happen especially today however, I guess it will take a time for it to be get accepted around the world. But for me I think it is not bad for us to have no bitcoin bank because we could consider our online wallet as a bank because even if you store you earning upon there you will still get a profit because bitcoin is volatile.
cheann20

Activity: 344
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:29:08 PM

For me, yes It can be possible but I think It would be very difficult .. A normal bank as in retail earns profit from giving loans and collecting interest payments. And I think with ethereums smart contracts they can do this with the crypto currencies. So It would also be easier to operate, the only problem is default on loans. Not sure how they would incorporate having collaterals in a bitcoin bank.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: