Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:01:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Take Advantage of POS - DNR  (Read 3539 times)
miraj74

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 12:27:39 AM

Are you wondering how to stake more faster in your DNR QT Wallet?

Required:
Spreadsheet Software like Excel
Notepad++
Denarius QT Wallet
Some DNR whether its large or small.

First backup your wallet.dat. Now fully unlock the wallet to make this faster. Then create addresses, you will want 500, don't count, just click, push enter many times over and over again.

Make an address and give it a label. We will be sending the entire balance to this one address. I labelled mine armageddon. Now send the entire balance to this address.

Next with your new 500 or less addresses, go to the receive coins tab, and then File -> Export. This will export a .csv file somewhere, make note as we need to open that next. Copy the column with addresses, should be 500. From there we open a new notepad++ text file and paste the column in.

In notepad++ we should have 1 single column of addresses.

On line 1, click at the very first area on the left. Push ALT-C. Text to Insert will be a ". Click OK and this will put quotes down the left side.

Now if your balance is 5000 DNR with 500 addresses we want to distribute 10 DNR to each address. Do some quick math here on your balance and number of addresses.

Click, at the end of line 1, and push ALT-C. Text to insert will be ":10,
Code:
":10,

CTRL-A to highlight everything and copy with CTRL-C.

Now you have a text file in proper format, sample here
Code:
"WALLETADDRESS":10,

Go back into the QT Wallet to Help -> Debug Window -> Console.

This is a short sample of what to type into the console window.
Code:
sendmany "armageddon" '{"WALLETADDRESS1":10,WALLETADDRESS2":10}'

The line will be long, and you may end up with a , at the end. Make sure to delete the last comma before the }.

Push enter, it will distribute your balance to each address and give you a transaction number. Wait 8 hours for coins to mature and get to staking much more with this little trick. I don't think this works with other coins as DNR has a slightly different POS system. Also there seems to be a limit of 500 addresses for sendmany. And you can't do this twice to make 1000 addresses on the same wallet.

Is anyone else seeing a ? - question mark next to all of their mined coins? I’m not getting credit for any staked coins. It like deducting (0.00001) from each staking, rather than giving me coins.

Thanks,
Mike

? means you didnt get the stake. I am starting to get more of those now too.

How do I Take the coins from my 500 addresses and put them in one address? Basically reverse what I just did ?

Thanks,
Mike

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 08:20:01 AM

How do I Take the coins from my 500 addresses and put them in one address? Basically reverse what I just did ?

Thanks,
Mike

Send all coins to 1 address you want.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
simon_ngo

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:06:03 PM

Thanks,
Mike

Can you share the command to do it?
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:11:11 AM

HEADS UP TO ALL YOU THAT ARE DOING THIS -

My staking rig updated itself (Fucking Windows 10) and became unusable.  It would not boot past the spinning white dots.  When I recovered my DNR wallet off the hard drive and loaded it I had significantly less DNR than I should have.  I had reloaded the software and kept swapping it out with the same results.

I was able to correct it by finding a backup that I had done after creating all the addresses. 

I do not know what happened, but if you are doing this and you ares staking PLEASE back up your wallet now.  Don't assume a backup prior to making these changes will work...

PSA over.

Good Luck!
Agozyen

Until the end

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:17:32 AM

With the rumblings of a fix coming for staking, would it be in our best interests to reload the coins back into a single address?  I'm thinking of doing so and shutting the wallet down until they fix/adjust staking.  I'd have a lot of stakeweight when I turned it back on in a month or so.

buzzkillb (OP)

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:35:11 AM

Thanks,
Mike

Can you share the command to do it?

You click send in the QT wallet and send your entire balance to 1 address.

BTW please backup wallets to multiple USB drives. A USB drive is like $10.
djdmdush

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:49:57 AM

Anyone tried this with mac?
djdmdush

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:35:01 AM

Okay just got it done with Mac. If you want to do this with Mac, you need to use Winebottler app to use notepad++ on Mac and then find the Column editor (because obviously alt-c doesn't work on Mac) in Edit tab.
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:43:31 AM

Still working?
buzzkillb (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:01:53 PM

Still working?

Yes and this will still work with the upcoming POS fix in the new QT wallet.  Cool
buzzkillb (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:58:37 AM

POS fix is coming soon!!! Masternodes will be coming soon. Prepare yourselves to stake like a boss. I still can't inline attach images for some reason.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:57:02 AM

POS fix is coming soon!!! Masternodes will be coming soon. Prepare yourselves to stake like a boss. I still can't inline attach images for some reason.
I have no problem with images. I hope for Windows binary wallet, I don't want build it for Windows Cheesy

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Agozyen

Until the end

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:25:49 AM

Still working?

Yes and this will still work with the upcoming POS fix in the new QT wallet.  Cool

So stay with 500 addresses for the new wallet and it will still stake like it is now?  I am thinking of picking up 500 more.  That would double my stockpile.
buzzkillb (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:48:54 PM

Still working?

So stay with 500 addresses for the new wallet and it will still stake like it is now?  I am thinking of picking up 500 more.  That would double my stockpile.

Yes, Carsen was calling this an Easter egg. I am going masternodes and the remaining DNR will be staking in 500 addresses.  Cool
Molachai

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:30:19 PM

Still working?

Yes, Carsen was calling this an Easter egg. I am going masternodes and the remaining DNR will be staking in 500 addresses.  Cool

That is my plan as well  Wink Will be nice to have both avenues to increase my DNR holdings
buzzkillb (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:11:09 PM

Still working?

That is my plan as well  Wink Will be nice to have both avenues to increase my DNR holdings

We chatted about this and he liked the idea that there is kind of a hidden way to stake like this. When 6% POS fix arrives, staking will be much more fun to watch. I have a QT windows wallet running on testnet on just 1 address.  Cool
Molachai

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:06:27 PM

Still working?

We chatted about this and he liked the idea that there is kind of a hidden way to stake like this. When 6% POS fix arrives, staking will be much more fun to watch. I have a QT windows wallet running on testnet on just 1 address.  Cool

Sounds great! I'll have to pay attention to your findings with that in regards to testnet  Cool
buzzkillb (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:59:16 AM

With masternodes now working on testnet, time to prepare your wallets for incoming POS 6% fix.  Cool
Agozyen

Until the end

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:04:52 PM

With masternodes now working on testnet, time to prepare your wallets for incoming POS 6% fix.  Cool

I will pick up some more DNR.  Can't wait to get this started.  I just wish I had enough for a Masternode...maybe if something in my portfolio moons...
buzzkillb (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:44:37 AM

Looks like this might not be as good as I hoped with the new v2 wallet released today. Might be better to go back to a single address when 6% POS fix goes live.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: