Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:32:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gdax ---> bittrex = lost ETH  (Read 492 times)
drgrah (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:04:51 PM

New guy here, just tried to transfer a little ETH to bittrex a couple hours ago.  Coinbase says transaction pending two hours later.  There's a transaction ID and an address but no other info.  Is this just GDAX being slow to initiate the transfer?  The reason I used ETH instead of BTC was because of the transaction times and fees.  grrrr.
Do I just need to be patient?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:35:17 PM

What is the status in the transaction id, is it confirmed? If it is, send support ticket to both Gdax and Bittrex to check on it.

If it is not confirmed, then you got to be patient waiting for miners.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:39:10 PM

If you have tx id than check it in https://etherscan.io and if you can see it is sent to your correct bittrex ETH deposit address than you have to wait for few confirmation like 40+ confirmation.

If not than you have to contact bittrex.
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:41:20 PM

If it still says pending then there's something more going on I guess, as the network seems fine.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:01:34 PM

If you have sent it to correct bittrex deposit address than there is nothing to worry about, you will get it after certain number of confirmation. I think your problem is already solved that's why you haven't responded here, please lock this thread if your bittrex account is already credited with that ETH.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Sanglotslongs2

Activity: 260
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:07:37 PM

Don't transfer crypto with exchange => exchange. They don't allow that (even if I don't know how they can see the difference between a user wallet and an exchange wallet). You have to Withdrawal your coins and send it to the exchanche so like this : Exchange => you => exchange. Like that you can test the wallet.
dawoodkhan97

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

LibertyLance - Where Freelancing Meets Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:26:03 PM

You should contact their support staff
Let them know what your problem is.
They surely must have an explanation
for this.

/ / _  LibertyLance  |  First Ever Decentralized Gig Based Marketplace
ANN  Whitepaper  One Pager   ▬▬▬  SUBSCRIBE NOW  ▬▬▬   Twitter  Facebook  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Private Sale Starts on May 29th   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
drgrah (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:13:01 PM

Thanks all. It took a while but it went through. I managed to send it back ok too. Exchange to exchange does seem to work. Test complete  Grin
xys9ik0p

Activity: 118

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:35:23 PM

Don't transfer crypto with exchange => exchange. They don't allow that (even if I don't know how they can see the difference between a user wallet and an exchange wallet). You have to Withdrawal your coins and send it to the exchanche so like this : Exchange => you => exchange. Like that you can test the wallet.

why are they not allow?why would they ejected transfer from exchange?

please dont spread false information

i done many exchange to exchange transcation
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:49:07 PM

Thanks all. It took a while but it went through. I managed to send it back ok too. Exchange to exchange does seem to work. Test complete  Grin

For as long as you have inputted the right address of your coin I don't think it will go somewhere else. It is not like snail mail that even if the complete address is being indicated, the postmaster still has the hard time looking for it. Crypto transactions are accurate, but a single character false entry will bring your coins elsewhere and cannot be brought back. But please be patient, do not react immediately because you cannot see it the moment you click send.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:51:19 PM

Eth transfer to bittrex should be bigger than 0.1 eth. If your amount of eth lower than this or the same your coin will be pending in the network , you'd better transfer more than 0.1 eth once more then the balance will show up. I did the experience before. if the case not like that , contact the support.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:05:40 PM

New guy here, just tried to transfer a little ETH to bittrex a couple hours ago.  Coinbase says transaction pending two hours later.  There's a transaction ID and an address but no other info.  Is this just GDAX being slow to initiate the transfer?  The reason I used ETH instead of BTC was because of the transaction times and fees.  grrrr.
Do I just need to be patient?

I think it's just a delation due to slow mining speed, nothing more. Don't worry, your ETH will go to the adressed place for sure. That's quite a usual practice.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
drgrah (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:42:44 PM

Eth transfer to bittrex should be bigger than 0.1 eth. If your amount of eth lower than this or the same your coin will be pending in the network , you'd better transfer more than 0.1 eth once more then the balance will show up. I did the experience before. if the case not like that , contact the support.

I thought it said on bittrex that it needed to be >.1ETH to show.  I could be wrong.  The frustrating part was finding the transaction # on GDAX.  They showed a transfer ID # but I think that was an internal thing, not something to trace.  I finally found the transaction # on coinbase on my phone.  Was just surprised the ETH took so long to show up.  And when you're new, you panic LOL!

As an aside, I'm no genius with this stuff, but I'd bet I'm more capable than 85% of the population.  This whole thing is going to have to become a LOT more user friendly if anyone expects mass adoption.  I guess the united states CME will help out a lot with this.
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:46:48 PM

Thats why everybody is recommendig to withdraw the coins on the wallet first, and then on the 2nd step you can send it to another exchange Smiley

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:52:07 PM

I thought it said on bittrex that it needed to be >.1ETH to show.  I could be wrong.  The frustrating part was finding the transaction # on GDAX.  They showed a transfer ID # but I think that was an internal thing, not something to trace.  I finally found the transaction # on coinbase on my phone.  Was just surprised the ETH took so long to show up.  And when you're new, you panic LOL!

As an aside, I'm no genius with this stuff, but I'd bet I'm more capable than 85% of the population.  This whole thing is going to have to become a LOT more user friendly if anyone expects mass adoption.  I guess the united states CME will help out a lot with this.

ETH transaction usually take as little as 5 to 10 minutes. GDAX probably screws people over by placing a very low Gas price (0.1 GWEI) so that they spend less to send your transaction, downside is that your transaction takes longer to confirm. I'd stay away from GDAX and Coinbase esp. now that the US government is snooping on it's user's accounts.
HansWermhat

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:58:37 PM

I thought it said on bittrex that it needed to be >.1ETH to show.  I could be wrong.  The frustrating part was finding the transaction # on GDAX.  They showed a transfer ID # but I think that was an internal thing, not something to trace.  I finally found the transaction # on coinbase on my phone.  Was just surprised the ETH took so long to show up.  And when you're new, you panic LOL!

As an aside, I'm no genius with this stuff, but I'd bet I'm more capable than 85% of the population.  This whole thing is going to have to become a LOT more user friendly if anyone expects mass adoption.  I guess the united states CME will help out a lot with this.

ETH transaction usually take as little as 5 to 10 minutes. GDAX probably screws people over by placing a very low Gas price (0.1 GWEI) so that they spend less to send your transaction, downside is that your transaction takes longer to confirm. I'd stay away from GDAX and Coinbase esp. now that the US government is snooping on it's user's accounts.

GDAX doesn't care what the gas price is, they don't pay it, you do. They probably just use the default.
yusuf98

Activity: 307
Merit: 119

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:38:40 AM

try your search from the beginning of the problem. first you must check the status of your transaction. is your address checked right? whether still in process, failed or pending. even if it has been successful sometimes entry token into myetherwallet too late.
drgrah (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:31:24 AM

I'd be curious which wallet and exchange you recommend if you don't mind?  Until I complete my 'cash infusion' I need one that will deal in U.S. dollars.
Ontixo09

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:16:20 AM

I think you transfer to wrong address or wrong token/coin. Eth transfer really fast, 5 mins is maximum for me.

CryptoBagHolder

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:26:18 AM

I've done many exchange to exchange transfers with no issues!!  What you talking about foo!!?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: