Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:18:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PRE-TOKEN SALE] TontineTrust - The Future of Retirement is Peer to Peer  (Read 2281 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
joecooin (OP)

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 07:06:34 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 08:41:06 PM by joecooin

[UPDATE: token airdrop is live:
https://blog.tontinetrust.com/tontinetrust-airdrop-campaign-4c5a9d7e02ec]

[update: please note our tontine-style bonus programm for early buyers and holders:
https://blog.tontinetrust.com/the-ton-token-sale-aligning-buyer-incentives-through-holder-bonuses-tontine-style-3908c84e8c15]

TontineTrust is proposing a solution to the current global pension funding crisis

Current centralised pension products such as life annuities deliver low returns mostly caused by the high costs charged by Insurers which act as centralized “guarantors".

TontineTrust is developing a platform which solves the costly central guarantor problem by creating peer-to-peer tontine structures administered by an unbiased, mathematically robust smart-actuary.

Our Fully Regulated peer-to-peer tontine issuing ecosystem will deliver:

• 40%+ greater financial benefits to the hundreds of millions of global consumers spending ~$350BN per year on retirement income solutions,
  • a utility token which incentivizes IFAs, RIAs & Independent Partners & Advisors to take our no-load tontines to the global marketplace, and
  • an un-biased, self-correcting, autonomous smart-actuary which can be trusted to act to in the best interest of the tontine members.

Details about the project can be found on our website

Talk to us in our Telegram group to get the most up-to-date info on the project and upcoming Token Sale

Watch this 2 minute video explaining TontineTrust and Tontines.

Access our Non-Technical Whitepaper here

Join our community on social media

Watch our 2 Minute Explainer Video

Bounty program details to be announced soon.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sayedtaha

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:12:42 PM

dear all
i wish you all good lock with your project
is there any bounty campaign
i reserve Arabic translation
tondmc

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 07:20:33 PM

Hi Sayed,

Arabic translation would be interesting, we understand that Tontines are one of the only naturally Shariah compliant forms of insurance.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:09:53 PM

Haven't understood that token strategy fully yet but I really really wish you guys success as I do know about tontines and would go for it myself.

Also, it is about time someone takes on the pension funding industry (and wipes out their greedy profits) and offers a reasonable alternative.

I take it these tontines can have just Bitcoin as the underlying asset if one so chooses?
Bitcoin's growth combined with the tontine effect would be nice!
joecooin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 08:13:46 PM

I take it these tontines can have just Bitcoin as the underlying asset if one so chooses?
Bitcoin's growth combined with the tontine effect would be nice!

Absolutely.

To be honest the fact that I want exactly that for myself is a big part of my motivation to be involved Wink.

Joe

tondmc

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 09:12:23 PM

I take it these tontines can have just Bitcoin.....growth combined with the tontine effect would be nice!

Honestly this is what we keep hearing and I agree 100%. I will personally be in the first Bitcoin Tontine for sure and I can guarantee you that some very high profile Hodlers will be in there also.
SeveralQ

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:55:27 PM

Hi everyone! Just added TontineTrust ICO to my website https://concourseq.io/Q/Tontine_Trust. ConcourseQ is a collaborative due dilligence community that researches and reviews ICOs. Anyone with an account can submit information to your page, so we are reaching out to this community to get you all involved in the discussion. Thanks! (PS: Team welcome to add sale details)(edited)
tondmc

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 07:56:56 AM

Thanks, that's a really interesting site.

Is it possible you can permission me to edit the profile or all edits must be approved by mods only? (I am tondmc there as well)
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 10:58:47 AM

interesting

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
joecooin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 06:51:30 PM

"The first modern commercially available tontine is headed for the marketplace."

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4125086-presenting-new-retirement-solution-financial-advisors-daily-digest?sht=ozkal3&shu=svx8g

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:56:22 PM

Good to see you get some traction in relevant publications.

Do you have any plans to take on partners in distribution so you can be bought side by side with "classical" products?
Would be great to give customers some degree of comparability.
jaminunit

Activity: 132
Merit: 14

Co-Founder of TheStandard.io & Vaultoro.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 04:57:41 AM

This is really interesting.
How will the orical work to prove death of a participant and insert that info into the smart contract?

I've been a Bitcoiner since 2010, and currently working on TheStandard.io, a next-generation stablecoin, and lending protocol.
The Standard Protocol Announcement thread
tondmc

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 06:43:13 PM

Primarily the Smart Actuary (set of Smart Contracts) seeks proof of life (rather than proof of death) by sending notifications to the user requesting regular check-ins using biometric to authenticate members and confirm their "liveness". There are several solutions for this referenced in the whitepaper.

We will also connect to third party oracles which can provide authoritative death notices. There are many projects developing these at the moment but we will also develop our own.

An example would be an oracle that tracks the US Social Security Death Index

rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:56:49 PM

Do you think this will be useful one day? In my country, retired people dont care too much about their money, they are mostly want to spend their time with their family.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
tondmc

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 06:59:06 PM

It was so useful 100 years ago that more than half of ALL households in the US invested the equivalent of $170BN in tontines.

What country are you in?
jaminunit

Activity: 132
Merit: 14

Co-Founder of TheStandard.io & Vaultoro.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 08:12:49 AM

Primarily the Smart Actuary (set of Smart Contracts) seeks proof of life (rather than proof of death) by sending notifications to the user requesting regular check-ins using biometric to authenticate members and confirm their "liveness". There are several solutions for this referenced in the whitepaper.

We will also connect to third party oracles which can provide authoritative death notices. There are many projects developing these at the moment but we will also develop our own.

An example would be an oracle that tracks the US Social Security Death Index

That makes sence. So what technologies will you be using for oricals (chain link?) and what about the tech behind biometrics?

I've been a Bitcoiner since 2010, and currently working on TheStandard.io, a next-generation stablecoin, and lending protocol.
The Standard Protocol Announcement thread
joecooin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 02:44:59 PM

Do you think this will be useful one day? In my country, retired people dont care too much about their money, they are mostly want to spend their time with their family.

Well to be honest tontines are only the second best retirement solution.

The most superior one is a loving and caring family with resources willing to take care of the old generation. But unfortunately many people are not that lucky and are not in that situation. And since we cannot create care-taking families with crypto-technology we resorted to re-creating tontines and bringing them back to the market Wink.

joecooin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 03:07:24 PM

That makes sence. So what technologies will you be using for oricals (chain link?) and what about the tech behind biometrics?

Referring to biometrics please see page 22 to 24 of the non-technical whitepaper linked above.

Basically we cannot exclusively rely on biometrics (yet?) and therefor have to use a mix of several identification techniques described there.

joecooin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 04:07:03 PM

Do you have any plans to take on partners in distribution so you can be bought side by side with "classical" products?

Yes, there is a reserve in tokens that will be used to initially incentivize distributors to offer the product along with the other products in their portfolio to their customers. After that initial period tontinetrust is going to pay these commissions out of the fees they are taking in.

I imagine that to be interesting moments when the retail customer realizes how competitive tontines are compared to the current products.

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:21:56 PM

Yes, there is a reserve in tokens that will be used to initially incentivize distributors to offer the product along with the other products in their portfolio to their customers. After that initial period tontinetrust is going to pay these commissions out of the fees they are taking in.

I imagine that to be interesting moments when the retail customer realizes how competitive tontines are compared to the current products.

Sop let's say my local insurance guy wants to sell these, he's going to have to concern himself with this token, too?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: