Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:56:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Advisors and Team Members to join our project  (Read 1577 times)
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:11:50 AM

How does your project plan to compete with projects such as ChronoLogic and other Proof of Time projects? These projects provide a general platform whereby organizations can use time to prove whether a service was late or not (such as a train, plane etc) by storing on the ledger the exact time some action was performed (in this case, the time the plane arrived). Plane arrival etc would be a trivial application for these sorts of projects.

How would you plan to convince aircraft carriers to adopt a specific-niche technology rather than a potentially more trusted mainstream technology that might have more general use cases?

Also, do you need a PR person/proof-reader etc? I'm good at picking up on outside the box "obvious in hindsight" things that can normally be catastrophic for projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
black91

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:29:56 AM

Hello,

We are developing a solution that uses blockchain technology(Hyperledger Fabric) with smart contracts to issue vouchers automatically to passengers when their flights are delayed or canceled.  We need to fill out other key roles on our team and are looking for those who are interested.  Your compensation will be in our TBIT tokens once the main token offering has ended.  Below i have added some useful information about our project and the users involved.  Look forward to hearing from you!

Positions needed:
CTO,
Blockchain developer
Project Manager
Lead Developer
Airline industry Advisors
Legal Advisors

This is the link to our video that describes what our product is(draft version)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t68l88rpv8caw3t/Trustabit.mp4?dl=0

Here is a rough draft of our Whitepaper
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r0th1y3t2r1y2i/Draft.Whitepaper.docx?dl=0

Website currently under development
www.TrustaBit.io

Join our Telegram to stay to up date on our progress
t.me/TrustaBit

Current team members  
Saritta Hines- Founder/ CEO
Blair White-  Director of Sales
Karega McCoy-  Solutions Architect
Landon Williams- UX/UI

Advisor
Troy Benjegerdes- Blockchain Advisor

I will be presenting at the Blockchain Expo in two weeks during their ICO pitch presentation so if you are going, stop by the TrustaBit booth to talk shop!

Thanks

Hello, I'm interested to play a part here as project manager. Can I share my LinkedIn profile with you?
winteriscoming91

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:32:23 AM

Hello,

We are developing a solution that uses blockchain technology(Hyperledger Fabric) with smart contracts to issue vouchers automatically to passengers when their flights are delayed or canceled.  We need to fill out other key roles on our team and are looking for those who are interested.  Your compensation will be in our TBIT tokens once the main token offering has ended.  Below i have added some useful information about our project and the users involved.  Look forward to hearing from you!

Positions needed:
CTO,
Blockchain developer
Project Manager
Lead Developer
Legal Advisors

www.TrustaBit.io

t.me/TrustaBit

Current team members  
Landon Williams- UX/UI

Advisor

I will be presenting at the Blockchain Expo in two weeks during their ICO pitch presentation so if you are going, stop by the TrustaBit booth to talk shop!

Thanks

The position is based on location? And what's the qualification to fit in?

3piecechickendinner (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 05:32:24 PM

How does your project plan to compete with projects such as ChronoLogic and other Proof of Time projects? These projects provide a general platform whereby organizations can use time to prove whether a service was late or not (such as a train, plane etc) by storing on the ledger the exact time some action was performed (in this case, the time the plane arrived). Plane arrival etc would be a trivial application for these sorts of projects.

How would you plan to convince aircraft carriers to adopt a specific-niche technology rather than a potentially more trusted mainstream technology that might have more general use cases?

Also, do you need a PR person/proof-reader etc? I'm good at picking up on outside the box "obvious in hindsight" things that can normally be catastrophic for projects.

We choose to use Hyperledger Fabric as it is a permissioned enterprise blockchain and these companies do not want "mining" and consensus to happen by the public as they have data that should not be shared across those nodes.  With that being said Hyperledger Sawtooth uses PoET for consensus but it does not stack up well against Hyperledger Fabric in terms of functionality.  Also Fabric has a pluggable consensus model where you can choose which consensus method you want to perform on the transactions.  Either SOLO, Kaftka and soon PBFT.  If you look at the number of companies(23) that have already deployed Fabric with many of them top companies like IBM, State Street Bank, Digital Asset Holdings, IT People, Linux Foundation, DTCC, Hitachi, Wanda Group, Fujitsu, Hyperchain, and Huawei Technologies you will see why we felt our decision was strong in choosing Fabric.

Well the airlines are already primed to the idea of it.  In 2016 a company called Travacoin won third prize at the Passenger Innovation Awards at IATA's World Passenger Symposium in Dubai.  Travacoin has a similar business model to TrustaBit but since they won the award they have been nowhere to find online.  Also Kommersant, Russia's biggest airline, is now issuing passenger tickets on the blockchain and KLM is also exploring the possibilities. My goal is to find some great account managers with airline experience and together we will present our findings to close the deal!

We are always looking for fresh talent and have no one with the particular skill set yet, send me your linkedin profile to look over.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Blockchain for Flight Delays ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ ▮ Trustabit ▮ ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬【 FACEBOOK 】【 TWITTER 】【 ANN THREAD 】【 TELEGRAM 】 ▬
3piecechickendinner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 05:35:14 PM

Hello,

Positions needed:
CTO,
Blockchain developer
Project Manager
Lead Developer
Legal Advisors

www.TrustaBit.io

t.me/TrustaBit

Current team members  
Landon Williams- UX/UI

Advisor

Thanks

The position is based on location? And what's the qualification to fit in?

No the positions are not location based, send me your linkedin profile to look over

3piecechickendinner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 05:37:09 PM

Hello,

Positions needed:
CTO,
Blockchain developer
Project Manager
Lead Developer
Legal Advisors

www.TrustaBit.io

t.me/TrustaBit

Current team members  
Landon Williams- UX/UI

Advisor

Thanks

Hello, I'm interested to play a part here as project manager. Can I share my LinkedIn profile with you?

Yes please share your profile with me.  Thanks

vanilla-rtb

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:52:23 AM

How much are you paying for writing chaincode in golang for Hyperledger fabric ?
3piecechickendinner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 12:52:47 PM

How much are you paying for writing chaincode in golang for Hyperledger fabric ?
All team members will get a portion of the tokens after the main token sale

PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:28:36 PM

I chatted with @OP and what I experienced so far is that they have a strong vision, proper documentation, a growing campaign and satisfying communication.
We exchanged some PMs about a month ago and they still keep themselves to the promised matters. Best wishes!

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
3piecechickendinner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 08:14:42 PM

Just added the Co-Founder of DigiWallet to our Advisor team  Cheesy. Welcome Casey!

win z
Copper Member

Activity: 72

Nucleus.Vision

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 09:35:30 AM

You're going to have a tough time convincing airlines to sign up to use your product. You'll be asking them to pay you $$ to lose more $$ each time something goes wrong - very oxymoronic to an already razor-thin margin business.

crabby

Activity: 276
Merit: 48

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:47:13 AM

You're going to have a tough time convincing airlines to sign up to use your product. You'll be asking them to pay you $$ to lose more $$ each time something goes wrong - very oxymoronic to an already razor-thin margin business.

I would agree that this is true. I would also say that the entire product doesn't make sense. There is no reason to blockchain something that is centralized. The blockchain would need information from the airlines and there is no way around that. So why not just go directly from the airlines to the customer? There is no reason for them to go from the airline, to a third party blockchain, and then back to their customer. It's complete nonsense. It's also just another unnecessary thing the user needs to sign up for an manage. The airlines already know their customer, they already know if their planes are running on time, and they already know how to contact the customer. This is not a problem a blockchain can resolve. It also begs the question, why aren't they doing this already? Which suggests there is a reason they aren't doing it already... And the most obvious reason is because it costs them more money in payouts to customers. As I see it, there is no possible way an airline would use something like this. It adds no value that they can't already provide themselves.
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:24:02 PM

Hello, I'm quite familiar with airlines industry (at some point i was working with https://www.sita.aero/on some project). I would say that your concept is great for the airline customer, but I have major doubts that any Airline will be eager to support it.
Sadly, mechanics of vouchers crafted to make redeeming them as painful as possible for the customer. As a result many vouchers never being redeemed in the first place.  Also don't forget that most vouchers are useless if you wish to change airline for the next flight, so basically it is IOU 300$ but only if you give me another 100$ of yours. The key problem for this project will be airlines adoption - if at least couple of them will jump in, this will go to the moon.

However don't take my words as anything more then speculation, because my expertise were mostly in aero-navigation field and I only had a glimpse of what is going on inside airlines and airports, and can't say I know much how their customer support really works (that experience was enough to develop severe fear of flights btw.)
3piecechickendinner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 05:43:54 PM

Companies like AirHelp charge 25% of the total compensation owed to passengers to process their claim.  This translated into $83 million dollars since 2013 which is a small portion of the total passengers right industry which is valued at $3.3billion dollars annually.  This is because in the EU they have established regulation 261 which states that the airlines much compensate passengers for flight delays longer than 3 hours and greater than X amount of miles. The product is aimed at bringing back customer brand loyalty to the airline and addressing the new passenger rights market.  The cost is going to come out either way, the question is, are you going to be paying the money to an angry customer or to a customer who will be loyal for life?

3piecechickendinner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 05:57:04 PM

I would agree that this is true. I would also say that the entire product doesn't make sense. There is no reason to blockchain something that is centralized. The blockchain would need information from the airlines and there is no way around that. So why not just go directly from the airlines to the customer? There is no reason for them to go from the airline, to a third party blockchain, and then back to their customer. It's complete nonsense. It's also just another unnecessary thing the user needs to sign up for an manage. The airlines already know their customer, they already know if their planes are running on time, and they already know how to contact the customer. This is not a problem a blockchain can resolve. It also begs the question, why aren't they doing this already? Which suggests there is a reason they aren't doing it already... And the most obvious reason is because it costs them more money in payouts to customers. As I see it, there is no possible way an airline would use something like this. It adds no value that they can't already provide themselves.

There is no reason for them to go from the airline, to a third party blockchain, and then back to their customer.
 In a sense the airline is already doing this, but not in an efficient way.  The problem is that you may have never had to claim a voucher from an airline so you are not aware of the mounds of read tape you must go through to even get the voucher.  

It's also just another unnecessary thing the user needs to sign up for an manage.
 The user does not need to sign up for anything, this voucher will come to your email address, all you have to do is redeem it.

The airlines already know their customer, they already know if their planes are running on time, and they already know how to contact the customer. This is not a problem a blockchain can resolve.
 Again, this process is not automated, when your flight is delayed, the airline does not willingly send you a voucher.  If you are in the EU, they have established regulation 261 which states that airlines are required to compensate passengers for flight delays greater than 3 hours and longer than X amount of miles, but ask any of your buddies across the pond how convoluted this process is and how long it takes to receive compensation.

As I see it, there is no possible way an airline would use something like this. It adds no value that they can't already provide themselves.
 Did you know that there are several companies who charge consumers 25% of the total compensation to process their flight delay claims to the airlines?  Airhelp has made $85 million since 2013 and the total passenger rights market is valued at 3.3 billion annually.  So why wouldnt the airline want to look at this market?  Also, brand loyalty is the biggest catch here, for me...I only fly Alaska Airlines, why?  Because of the service they provide to me, I am always treated well and i dont have major issues.  You know what they get from me in return?  I have a credit card with them, any business flight i take is with them and im more likely to spend extra on upgrades and perks.  Airline customer loyalty is driven by service, not price.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:53:39 AM

SEEMS LIKE AN INTERESTING PROJECT

well its their project after they have collected enough idiots into it they will sell it, and run away with it thats called an exit
Exactly! This is the major reason most projects don't survive after ICOs. There are too many strange bed fellows coming together for a reason most of them don't even know except to get paid. How on earth do you gather people you really dont know and can't even vouch for as a developer?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
3piecechickendinner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 07:12:41 PM

SEEMS LIKE AN INTERESTING PROJECT

well its their project after they have collected enough idiots into it they will sell it, and run away with it thats called an exit
Exactly! This is the major reason most projects don't survive after ICOs. There are too many strange bed fellows coming together for a reason most of them don't even know except to get paid. How on earth do you gather people you really dont know and can't even vouch for as a developer?

How on earth do you gather people you really dont know and can't even vouch for as a developer?
as far as developers, consensus is the mechanism I use when hiring developers.  I’ve been hiring developers from contracting companies and upwork for years now and I am well aware of how to spot the not.  I’m not here to make a quick buck and run, I make pretty good money consulting as a Spotfire consultant (check my LinkedIn-Saritta Hines) so I hope people understand that I am not doing this to take your money and run.  I believe in this  technology and the potential it can bring.  Upmost my reputation is everything to me, there is no way I would ever risk ruining that.  If this project fails, it won’t be because we didn’t put in the effort to make it great.

Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:16:50 AM

Companies like AirHelp charge 25% of the total compensation owed to passengers to process their claim.  This translated into $83 million dollars since 2013 which is a small portion of the total passengers right industry which is valued at $3.3billion dollars annually.  This is because in the EU they have established regulation 261 which states that the airlines much compensate passengers for flight delays longer than 3 hours and greater than X amount of miles. The product is aimed at bringing back customer brand loyalty to the airline and addressing the new passenger rights market.  The cost is going to come out either way, the question is, are you going to be paying the money to an angry customer or to a customer who will be loyal for life?

You are asking legitimate questions, but those questions will boil down to those $83 millions you mentioned. Airlines will be choosing path of least loss and most profits. If loyalty of a few won't bring them back those money in reasonable amount of time they will try paying less compensations using as opaque voucher redeeming system as possible to save money. Anyway those questions should be addressed by the actual airlines. Without their opinion on  this topic everything said here is just speculation.
3piecechickendinner (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 08:35:30 PM

Just an update on the open positions.  We have found the ones that are crossed out

Positions needed:
CTO,
Blockchain developer
Project Manager
Lead Developer
Legal Advisors

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print