Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:37:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for newbies w/ no collateral: asking at risk of eye rolls/snark  (Read 370 times)
stedrick (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:44:54 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2017, 01:10:06 AM by stedrick

Hi,

I'm new to the board, I have been looking at the threads for the past few days (full disclosure, I am looking for a bitcoin loan, but have not placed a formal request... see below).

One thing I've noticed is that there are hardly any lenders willing to give a loan to a new person without collateral. I get it, and the reasons I have seen given are valid. But at the same time, how can a newbie who has no collateral establish some kind of credibility for lenders? Aside from paying a higher interest rate, what can a newbie do to at least get a second glance or further consideration? ID? Paystubs? A formal contract? Nothing at all?

I realize that this may be a completely idiotic question, but I'm just curious. Thanks for your time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cyberczar

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

Crypto and blockchain writing service

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:16:50 PM

There's nothing you can do to establish credibility as a newbie except presenting a collateral. Saying you're credible or even encouraging loans based on credibility is calling boom season for scammers. As it stands, this section is swarming with a lot of dishonest folks trying to reap where they never sowed. So I advise you forget about getting any loans here if you have no collaterals.

Crypto and blockchain writing service
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:21:02 PM

Hi,

I'm new to the board, I have been looking at the threads for the past few days (full disclosure, I am looking for a bitcoin loan, but have not placed a formal request... see below).

One thing I've noticed is that there are hardly any lenders willing to give a loan to a new person without collateral. I get it, and the reasons I have seen given are valid. But at the same time, how can a newbie who has no collateral establish some kind of credibility for lenders? Aside from paying a higher interest rate, what can a newbie do to at least get a second glance or further consideration? ID? Paystubs? A formal contract? Nothing at all?

I realize that this may be a completely idiotic question, but I'm just curious. Thanks for your time.

You know loans are not for people in need. These are for people that don't actually need it and can pay for it. Same with banks, if you are a homeless person do you think the banks will lend you? Of course not. People here on the forum that are actually given loans have collateral because they use the money borrowed for their own businesses or trading so they can produce more money out of the loaned amount.

This is why I don't get people that ask for loan without any collateral (like you). There are a lot of completely new to the forum and the first thing they ever do here is to ask for a loan. Those are the worst. They think this is a charity of sorts and they demand that their request be granted.
stedrick (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:57:24 PM

Thank you for your thoughts and perspective. For the record, I did not make a formal ask in the forum, but given the replies, I will not make that mistake w/o collateral. Thanks again.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:25:45 AM

Hi,

The basic truth is that there is no second chance again because quite a number of newbies have been extended that courtesy but rather than using it well, they blew it and because no one knows who is behind the account of a newbie there is nothing to be done.

My own question to you is also simple why on earth would you join a community and the only thing you can think of is asking for loan. Its not applicable anywhere in the world whether online or offline.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:42:55 AM

how can a newbie who has no collateral establish some kind of credibility for lenders?
If you have no collateral to offer theres a very low chance or zero for your loan request to be filled. Its like you are a new kid in town and all of a sudden you started knocking on someones door asking for money. Dont expect them to give you the money you are asking for. 

Aside from paying a higher interest rate, what can a newbie do to at least get a second glance or further consideration? ID? Paystubs? A formal contract? Nothing at all?
What you mentioned and I highlighted is not acceptable form of collateral or form of security that you will pay back. Here's a link of what to offer as collateral when asking for a loan https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.msg6311902#msg6311902
bennypagulayan

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

MEGATRON - THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:45:32 AM

Hi,

Trying to rank up first, with the higher rank then newbie you could do a lot of things even with loans. Like at least full member you could earn a small loan like 0.003 maybe? Or at full member rank you could have enough conditions to join signature campaign.

███    TWITTER   █████████████████ MEGATRON ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN        ████             THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION             ████     LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████   WEBSITE    ███████████████████       FACEBOOK      ███
bias

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:04:45 PM

Trying to rank up first, with the higher rank then newbie you could do a lot of things even with loans. Like at least full member you could earn a small loan like 0.003 maybe? Or at full member rank you could have enough conditions to join signature campaign.

So that's the reason that you are here? Rank up and ask a loan or sell your farmed account?
Nice advices you give here to new members...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: