Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:29:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin versus other offline currencies  (Read 12681 times)
prettypearl (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:41:49 AM

As a NEWBIE, how would you explain bitcoin as against other offline currencies?
Which one has more market value and why do you think so ?
I always explain to others that Bitcoin is a revolutionary financial system and has a good future. I always compare Bitcoin with credit card and paypal. With various explanations then I mention that Bitcoin has many advantages over others, Speed and ease in doing every transaction is a plus value that we can. Mathematically, Bitcoin is far superior and better equipped to cope with the increasingly sophisticated growth of technology today.

Point noted.
Thanks for your contribution.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:51:30 AM

There are a lot of reasons, firstly there is a trust that comes from the fact that it is the first crypto money, there is also an excessive customer demand, the use of many places makes the price of BTC high.

Point noted.
Thanks for the contribution.
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:14:24 AM

I have been asking myself beforehand how do I discovered bitcoin investments now than any other currencies available since my birth. It is because cryptocurrency is for the masses and not for oligarchs that Is dominating the entire stock market for they’re greediness. It’s a reality that we won’t never understood until now if Blockchain technology destroyed that perception that investing is for the riches and the kings.

It is the ultimate opposite to gold and fiat and the opportunity it bring to ordinary person is higher.
Right. Cryptocurrency will always be for everyone and the fact that some people who have always controlled fiats cannot really have much of a place in the crypto ecosystem makes it more interesting.

Yet, it still all balls down to those who are able to adopt it very early as whether we like it or not, most of these rich dudes are already catching the scopes and trying to invest as much as they can but the good thing is that, decentralization is what gives it so much sense at the end.

Point noted.
Thanks for your comment.
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:34:27 AM

Obviously now,the value of bitcoins is greater than any other offline currency because of the demand of its users and because of its future potential. It is also easier to use during technology development

Point noted.
Thanks for the response.
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:40:52 AM

You can use bitcoin for whatever you like and can send it to every participant around the world without the necessity to use the fiat system payment processors that often have to check your identity and can send your money only based on the laws they are bound to. The same is valid for altcoins and as they are not in the public focus like bitcoin, you can still use them and fly under the radar so to say even if governments have already banned bitcoin.

Point noted.
Thanks for your response.
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:01:40 AM

neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:01:44 PM

Bitcoin vs Offline currencies? Then it would depend on which thing you do like to know when it comes on market value then Bitcoin doesnt stood a chance in local fiat currencies if you do really try to see on how big do have on local fiats. Bitcoin might have a high value but when we do speak on stability or foundation then fiat would always stand on the peak on which most people will sure choose up.
Like seriously, what’s offline currency? I really find it stupid when I see people say offline currency, cause I don’t see anything real currency that’s particular just offline, cause dollar and other currencies can also be used online; they’re being used both online and offline.

Bitcoin is only used online, and another thing you should know is that Bitcoin is not a Currency, it is just an asset that keeps on increasing in price rate and the main reason people are here is for them to make extra money, through the investment they have made.
Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:05:17 PM

Both offline and online currency has advantage to each other, bitcoin is much better to invest right now than real state because it can give quicker income even short or long term period unlike using fiat to invest in real estate you should wait for long period of time to feel your income.
The best thing in offline currency ia you can used it anywhere, anytime you want.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:07:08 PM

Bitcoin value are rapidly increasing, so I never doubted if one day bitcoin surpass other offline currency in the world. I was completely believe that bitcoin is the future currency of the world. I'm looking forward to the value of bitcoin in the crypto industry this coming 2018. Most of the users are correct to their speculation because this coin now are totally reach $10,000. Obviously that offline money or paper currency are no longer increase their value in the market whatever happened.

It's very hard to say that bitcoin value is rapidly increasing.

It something that happened, it doesn't mean that it is going to always happen, I don't think that the fact that bitcoin's price is very volatility is a good thing, I think exactly the opposite.
It is hard to have bitcoin as a store of value because the price tends to go up and down very often.
When people search for a store of value they search for a safe asset, and bitcoin is not a safe asset at all.

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:22:12 PM

Bitcoin value are rapidly increasing, so I never doubted if one day bitcoin surpass other offline currency in the world. I was completely believe that bitcoin is the future currency of the world. I'm looking forward to the value of bitcoin in the crypto industry this coming 2018. Most of the users are correct to their speculation because this coin now are totally reach $10,000. Obviously that offline money or paper currency are no longer increase their value in the market whatever happened.

It something that happened, it doesn't mean that it is going to always happen, I don't think that the fact that bitcoin's price is very volatility is a good thing, I think exactly the opposite.
It is hard to have bitcoin as a store of value because the price tends to go up and down very often.
When people search for a store of value they search for a safe asset, and bitcoin is not a safe asset at all.

As speculative currency the volatility is very good and worth a lot since we have never seen BTC falling on long term, what means the volatility is always pushing BTC up (and a lot!). But as you said, we can't predict it will always happen... It's the nature of Bitcoin, and even with so many apparent risks, it's still very worthful and profitable. I see Crypto-Currency as a new kind of investment like we never had before, very original and volatility is a part of it.

Bitcoin isn't so safe like traditional investments people make with fiat (I don't even think these investments are profitable), but it gives much more return. So you must think about about the possibilities: A profitable "risky" investment or a safe unprofitable one? I prefer the first alternative...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:57:05 AM

Bitcoin vs Offline currencies? Then it would depend on which thing you do like to know when it comes on market value then Bitcoin doesnt stood a chance in local fiat currencies if you do really try to see on how big do have on local fiats. Bitcoin might have a high value but when we do speak on stability or foundation then fiat would always stand on the peak on which most people will sure choose up.
Like seriously, what’s offline currency? I really find it stupid when I see people say offline currency, cause I don’t see anything real currency that’s particular just offline, cause dollar and other currencies can also be used online; they’re being used both online and offline.

Bitcoin is only used online, and another thing you should know is that Bitcoin is not a Currency, it is just an asset that keeps on increasing in price rate and the main reason people are here is for them to make extra money, through the investment they have made.
By offline currencies, we already know he is referring to fiats and mainly in the form of paper currency.

Whether USD is being used offline or online, it does not change the characteristics of it and that is centralization.We all know that fiats suck and governments have only tried as much as possible to cover the face of the masses with some blurs and make them suffer for the monopoly they have been doing with fiats.

Bitcoin on the other hand being a decentralized currency is more of a better store of value than fiats and over time, when mass adoption is fixed and when bitcoin's scaling issue gets better, I really wonder if any crypto enthusiast will be using fiat.
pweetypearl2017

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:52:12 AM

Bitcoin is looking very promising, with good market value
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:55:55 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that is best for longvterm investment, from the previous year btc have shown great increasing value so it can give really high return to investors while offline currency or fiat are good for buying things and servuces compare to btc that have fluctuating value. Fiat's value is steady and can be easily affected by inflation. It ia also regulated while btc is decentralized.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:51:43 PM

As speculative currency the volatility is very good and worth a lot since we have never seen BTC falling on long term, what means the volatility is always pushing BTC up (and a lot!). But as you said, we can't predict it will always happen... It's the nature of Bitcoin, and even with so many apparent risks, it's still very worthful and profitable. I see Crypto-Currency as a new kind of investment like we never had before, very original and volatility is a part of it.

Bitcoin isn't so safe like traditional investments people make with fiat (I don't even think these investments are profitable), but it gives much more return. So you must think about about the possibilities: A profitable "risky" investment or a safe unprofitable one? I prefer the first alternative...

I agree with you. Though bitcoin is very profitable as a currency or commodity, risks are endless and as prices continuously increase, risks definitely higher too. Especially in investments started at high prices. The volality can never be accurately predicted or expected in reality.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:52:45 PM

Why not try to use the bitcoin to end inflation of paper money? If the bitcoin can't be inflated, this should create a reason to no longer create anymore currency to balance out its current value and maybe even create a much more stable economy that no one has ever seen before. But that's just my opinion.
That is what makes bitcoin even much better anyway. Cash have always been inflated and asides the huge control by the government at the expense of the masses and by trying to distribute wealth to just some few set of people, fiats have been a useless one as far as I am concerned and who would want to stick to useless when useful that would end up paying everyone is there.

Bitcoin will keep growing in value, will keep being useful for transactions and that alone will make it to step aside offline currencies in the long run.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Futureblnr

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:32:22 PM

Bitcoin has a vast demand and supply in market than all offline currencies, the present value of bitcoin describes its importance itself.
It's instantaneous transfer feature attracts, even compels large organisations to accept bitcoin as a primary method.
Nearly in five years, use of fiat currency would be negligible for sure.
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:25:37 PM

Comparing bitcoin against "offline currencies" you mean to say cash? or a thing that has an economical value like jewelries, mostly with precious gold, silver, bronze, etc? If you are looking for what's the real market of bitcoin, try to check out coinmarketcap.com and for the market value of fiat money/cash, the government or your country will tell it how much it was valued. While with the precious things I mentioned try to explore this chart http://www.kitco.com/charts/

Point noted.
Thanks for your contribution
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:12:18 PM

I agree with you. Though bitcoin is very profitable as a currency or commodity, risks are endless and as prices continuously increase, risks definitely higher too. Especially in investments started at high prices. The volality can never be accurately predicted or expected in reality.
This is always been the risk if you do decide to invest into bitcoin which volatility would really be the main enemy on here since we wont really know on where would prices would go either in a matter of minutes or hours or days.No one really knows this is why this crypto market is really unpredictable. Offline currencies is being used in the beginning of time which its being backed by the government which we can somehow say that it is stabilized and strong. Bitcoin is a different thing.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:33:03 PM

This is always been the risk if you do decide to invest into bitcoin which volatility would really be the main enemy on here since we wont really know on where would prices would go either in a matter of minutes or hours or days.No one really knows this is why this crypto market is really unpredictable. Offline currencies is being used in the beginning of time which its being backed by the government which we can somehow say that it is stabilized and strong. Bitcoin is a different thing.
Offline currency now is much useful for now compared to bitcoin, because as you see bitcoin amount now is not totally used as currencies in different countries. Maybe it was used in some are but not all allowed bitcoin, also offline currency is the most useful amount of an ordinary people maybe they were already trained well using offline cash compared to bitcoin.
Ayiranorea

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:30:28 PM

Offline currency now is much useful for now compared to bitcoin, because as you see bitcoin amount now is not totally used as currencies in different countries. Maybe it was used in some are but not all allowed bitcoin, also offline currency is the most useful amount of an ordinary people maybe they were already trained well using offline cash compared to bitcoin.
At present people were much used to the offline currency. This is all because of the increased usage and the ease of accessing unlike the bitcoin as well other digital currencies. For using bitcoin people need to get used to it, which takes long term and so it gets more importance as an investment as well on similar needs rather than getting used as currency.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████