Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:07:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Error message "Error Response Invalid signature" on blockchain.info android app  (Read 4851 times)
aquarius (OP)

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:36:57 PM

Hi, when I try to send a payment with my blockchain.info android app I get the error message "Error Response Invalid signature", why is this and what can I do to send money?
Therealcos

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:54:20 PM

Hi aquarius,

I've been having the same problem for a while, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Did you find anything?
aquarius (OP)

Activity: 275

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:10:28 PM

Hi aquarius,

I've been having the same problem for a while, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Did you find anything?

nope, I have to use the browser to send

and no answer from their support yet either
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:30:35 AM

friend at work just experienced this as well, not impressed.

Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:42:58 PM

Is there a solution to this?  Huh
novusordo

Activity: 800

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:29:53 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 03:43:54 PM by novusordo

Having this issue as well. If there's something wrong with their Android app, they need to publicly say so.

I just got the BTC out of my Blockchain account by using their web app.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
NeedChangeNow

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:08:24 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 07:29:38 PM by NeedChangeNow

Having this issue as well. If there's something wrong with their Android app, they need to publicly say so.

I'm experiencing this problem on a Galaxy S4 running Android version 4.2.2 but can't access my account on their website because I created the wallet on my phone with only a pin code. When I try to access my account on their website I can only get to the part which allows me to enter my wallet ID but can't get by the "enter password" screen. My email address is verified with my wallet, I have the wallet identifier, and I have the pin code I used with the app on my phone but I still can't do anything with my btc besides get this error message.

Please, if anyone has ideas on what to do to get my funds out of this unusable application it would be great.
NeedChangeNow

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:28:37 PM

I'm experiencing this problem on a Galaxy S4 running Android version 4.2.2 but can't access my account on their website because I created the wallet on my phone with only a pin code. When I try to access my account on their website I can only get to the part which allows me to enter my wallet ID but can't get by the "enter password" screen. My email address is verified with my wallet, I have the wallet identifier, and I have the pin code I used with the app on my phone but I still can't do anything with my btc besides get this error message.

Please, if anyone has ideas on what to do to get my funds out of this unusable application it would be great.

I'll give .25btc to anyone that can offer a true solution to this problem in a timely fashion (have to be able to get the btc out of the wallet before I can send the .25btc).
Moebius327

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:24:19 PM

Of course an easier way would be to import your backup of the wallet into MultiBit (it is sent to the email you provided)

https://multibit.org

Edit: If you accidentally deleted the email with the attached .dat file - generate a new receiving address on your phone and you will be sent a new backup of wallet.dat
NeedChangeNow

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:53:51 AM

Of course an easier way would be to import your backup of the wallet into MultiBit (it is sent to the email you provided)

Edit: If you accidentally deleted the email with the attached .dat file - generate a new receiving address on your phone and you will be sent a new backup of wallet.dat

Thanks for trying but I already did all of this and none of it worked. Both blockchain's website and multibit are telling me to enter a password which is apparently not the pin code I used with Blockhain's app on my phone so I don't know what it's supposed to be. I don't remember needing a password when setting up the app, only the pin code. I'm waiting on a response from support. If I ever get the coins back I'll still give you something since you made the effort to try.

If anyone knows a solution, the .25btc is still on the table.
NeedChangeNow

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:30:01 PM

Thanks for trying but I already did all of this and none of it worked. Both blockchain's website and multibit are telling me to enter a password which is apparently not the pin code I used with Blockhain's app on my phone so I don't know what it's supposed to be. I don't remember needing a password when setting up the app, only the pin code. I'm waiting on a response from support. If I ever get the coins back I'll still give you something since you made the effort to try.

I'm upping the ante since I still haven't been able to figure this out, nor have I received a response from the developers... .5btc to whomever can help me get this to function properly. I can't send anyone anything until I can get the btc out of this wallet.
Moebius327

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:34:39 PM

I'm upping the ante since I still haven't been able to figure this out, nor have I received a response from the developers... .5btc to whomever can help me get this to function properly. I can't send anyone anything until I can get the btc out of this wallet.

Are you sure you didn't enter any password when creating the wallet on your phone? If so, there should be no problem using your wallet with multibit.

If you chose the "Backup wallet" option from the app, do you get the popup about "Your encrypted wallet..."
NeedChangeNow

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:42:59 PM

Are you sure you didn't enter any password when creating the wallet on your phone? If so, there should be no problem using your wallet with multibit.

If you chose the "Backup wallet" option from the app, do you get the popup about "Your encrypted wallet..."

I think that I set it up with only a pin code because I wanted basic security on this mobile wallet since it was to only be used for "petty cash." The backup file does have the .aes.json extension so it seems to require more than just a pin code if I want to load it into multibit, although I thought I wrote down everything I needed for this wallet when I set it up which was the pin code and wallet identifier. Since the pin code works with the app on my phone, I have no idea what the "other" password might be if there is indeed another password. Is there any way to check?

I've never spent any funds from this wallet so the only time I used it was when I set it up over a month ago and sent the initial btc to the wallet. It was only until I tried using some of the btc the other day that I discovered that the application would not allow for me to send my funds because of this "Error Response Invalid signature" which is why I'm trying so hard to figure this out now.
NeedChangeNow

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:18:09 PM

Upping ante again to .65btc to whomever can help fix this problem. Seems like I'm going to have to give away every satoshi in the wallet to get it fixed but if it can help everyone else who has this problem then I don't mind paying for it.
Moebius327

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:32:43 PM

Upping ante again to .65btc to whomever can help fix this problem. Seems like I'm going to have to give away every satoshi in the wallet to get it fixed but if it can help everyone else who has this problem then I don't mind paying for it.

The only way to "fix" this if support fixes it for you, or you brute force the wallet password.
NeedChangeNow

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:21:05 PM

The only way to "fix" this if support fixes it for you, or you brute force the wallet password.

I wonder if support will ever get back to me because I emailed them almost a week ago and still no no response.
I really don't believe that I created a password for the wallet besides a pin code especially since the application doesn't require a password for me to use it which is why I don't understand why multibit / blockchain's website is requesting a password (the app allows me to enter an amount to send, allows me to scan a QR code bitcoin address, allows me to tap "send," but after tapping "send" then the stupid error message pops up so no btc can be sent).
Lifeenjoyer

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:42:18 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 09:54:01 PM by Lifeenjoyer

Hi
I had the same problem, so since I stumbled upon this thread during my desperate search for help, I thought I would write down my solution here.
After a lot of tries (thank god for teamwins "load backup" function on my Android, or my btc would be lost), I came up with a method that worked for me.
For some reason I seemed to have two BTC addresses to send from on my android, and it was not synced with the login I have over at blockchain.info either, though I remember trying to sync them.  

Here is what I did:
1. First go to "Account Settings" in the Blockchain app, and write down your Identifier.
2. Next, go to https://blockchain.info and klick "Wallet", and then "Login now" button.
3. log in with your identifier and password. MAKE SURE it is the same identifier as in step one.

Now you can send your bitcoins somewhere else!  Grin
This worked for me at least. Since it turned out that I had different identifiers for the web and for my android so what I did was to transfer my btc to the other identifier and then paired my android device with the latter instead (by pressing the Blockchain logo in the top left corner). Now the app works fine for me. I think the problem was that I had somehow created another BTC wallet or something.

Hope this helps.

any thankful btc can be sent to the BTC address below.  Wink
NeedChangeNow

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:54:43 AM

Hi
I had the same problem, so since I stumbled upon this thread during my desperate search for help, I thought I would write down my solution here.
After a lot of tries (thank god for teamwins "load backup" function on my Android, or my btc would be lost), I came up with a method that worked for me.
For some reason I seemed to have two BTC addresses to send from on my android, and it was not synced with the login I have over at blockchain.info either, though I remember trying to sync them.  

Here is what I did:
1. First go to "Account Settings" in the Blockchain app, and write down your Identifier.
2. Next, go to https://blockchain.info and klick "Wallet", and then "Login now" button.
3. log in with your identifier and password. MAKE SURE it is the same identifier as in step one.

Now you can send your bitcoins somewhere else!  Grin
This worked for me at least. Since it turned out that I had different identifiers for the web and for my android so what I did was to transfer my btc to the other identifier and then paired my android device with the latter instead (by pressing the Blockchain logo in the top left corner). Now the app works fine for me. I think the problem was that I had somehow created another BTC wallet or something.

Hope this helps.

any thankful btc can be sent to BTC 126tfYse4wZSsxxT93fMGz3WEdGPzYCfcc  Wink

Thanks for trying but that didn't help. The wallet ID is correct on the account settings page. The password I try to login with is "incorrect" according to multibit and blockchain's website but when I try the pincode I use with the blockchain app on my phone it's "verified" correctly which makes me wonder why it doesn't work on the bc's website or multibit.
NeedChangeNow

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:17:28 PM

I tried pairing my wallet again with my device and got a new error upon entering the main password (my pin code) with my wallet ID, "pad block corrupted."

Anyone think these errors are related to the recently discovered Android security flaw (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=271831.60 )?
nostra

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:06:27 AM

blockchain.info says "not connected to any nodes" for last 4+ hours
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: