Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:02:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ALT coins, what would you do ?  (Read 998 times)
dllhg (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:16:48 AM

So hard to part with some of these Alt coins.  I have sold off quite a few completely in the last few days.  I realize I need to get portfolio back to at the very least 1/3 BTC but 50% would be best.   Hate to take away from my top ones though which have the most money.  LSK is now worth about 4 BTC and Waves about 2 BTC.  I suppose I could profit take enough off those two to recoup atleast another BTC. That  or consider trimming more fat off others and keep those where they are.   

Paypie PPP just went 3X on me  Shocked  didn't see that coming. 
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:23:08 AM

I would definitely been in confusion if I have all of this coin you listed. I do better when I focus my energy at  few things. If i were you i will liquidate all my altcoin in to btc and ether. I will then take fraction of my portfolio to trade promising coin on regular basis

DibiaVxosis

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:32:18 AM

You should focus on Neo because it can bring big profit. Neo is going to legit in China, it really good news.  Grin

dllhg (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:28:56 PM

You should focus on Neo because it can bring big profit. Neo is going to legit in China, it really good news.  Grin

I got back into NEO a little  and got 80 NEO at nearly height of last pump $40.  With China allowing ICO again soon but only allowing NEO based ones its price could serious pump. 
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:29:31 PM

Well, if it so happens that i'd have this much altcoins, I would probably just choose 2 of the best cryptos that i think.
And would allocate a portion of the funds to investing in projects that are great amd day trade altcoins then take half of profit, to circulate again in day trading and ICO investments. And the other half store on my 2 or more chosen coins for long term holding.
3kpk3

Activity: 896
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:35:57 PM

I got back into NEO a little  and got 80 NEO at nearly height of last pump $40.  With China allowing ICO again soon but only allowing NEO based ones its price could serious pump. 
It is possible that NEO could pump again, but don't blindly fall for the sly tactics used by the Chinese government to manipulate the crypto market like last time. NEO has a lot of potential, but it will reach its new ATH only after a couple of years according to me and Ethereum would have a big role to play in this scenario. Coming to the question posted by op, I think he should sell 70% of his holdings for some awesome profit and HODL the rest for future profits in the long run.

Eros1on

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:15:21 AM

At this point in time, I will continue to hold altcoin, may in a month later I will choose to sell altcoin because of changes in market conditions, the price of altcoin should fall next month.

last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:19:08 AM

You have got enough money to use any of the offered to you variants. I would leave some BTC just to wait for the fork and probably get new alt for free. Some of this sum should be spent to buy Ethereum and DASH (  +NEO probably) – there are the most promising cryptos.
umatej

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:30:34 AM

Impressive list you got there and I must say I am motivated by your feat! Right now I  am looking at your trading portfolio and all I could think about is 2018.  If I were you, I will sell all the coin that have brought me profit except leaving small amount of coin for those that I think may have some ups in price. I will just round off for the year if I were you!

Thanks,  yes I have been fortunate and it has worked out quite well so far.  Was a lot of work to be honest.  The thing is many of my top profit coins are expecting 5X -10X or more in 2018......... Nothing worse than selling and chasing market back up trying to buy back in. 

Exactly!! Hold and smile folks Smiley
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:59:19 AM

nice list. I dont know when you bought all of these but many altcoins were so much profitable in may during that bullish trend. And yes they were much more profitable than holding bitcoin. If you still believe that that kind of days will come back you should hold all of them.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: