Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:33:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How would Mt.Gox Bitcoins enter the market?  (Read 208 times)
e-coinomist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:32:54 AM

How would Mt.Gox Bitcoins enter the market?
About 202,185 BTC. Possible effects?
My assumption: These funds cannot enter the markets as a single huuge dump, because they do not belong to a single entity. Just that depends upon these people getting refunded their own bitcoins, and there is the mood point. Regular old bankruptcy system seems broken in those regards.

And I beg to differ on "suffered the fate of all bitcoin exchanges, and had its bitcoins stolen" since that's not the norm, he cannot state it like that. Many cold store wallets are pretty safe!

If the calculations from The Wall Street Journal are true, Mt.Gox could be back into bussiness again?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:47:56 AM

How would Mt.Gox Bitcoins enter the market?
About 202,185 BTC. Possible effects?
My assumption: These funds cannot enter the markets as a single huuge dump, because they do not belong to a single entity. Just that depends upon these people getting refunded their own bitcoins, and there is the mood point. Regular old bankruptcy system seems broken in those regards.

And I beg to differ on "suffered the fate of all bitcoin exchanges, and had its bitcoins stolen" since that's not the norm, he cannot state it like that. Many cold store wallets are pretty safe!

If the calculations from The Wall Street Journal are true, Mt.Gox could be back into bussiness again?

I read in the news that given the current value of the Bitcoin and maybe other coins under hold by the power of the court, Mt.Gox is now very solvent and maybe if given permission it can start doing business again. And since it is based in Japan, then it might not have no problem with the authorities. It would indeed be a good development to see it back in operation again. I believe that the people behind Mt.Gox deserves the second chance if they would be asking for it.
e-coinomist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:06:27 PM

I read in the news that given the current value of the Bitcoin and maybe other coins under hold by the power of the court, Mt.Gox is now very solvent and maybe if given permission it can start doing business again. And since it is based in Japan, then it might not have no problem with the authorities. It would indeed be a good development to see it back in operation again. I believe that the people behind Mt.Gox deserves the second chance if they would be asking for it.
According to those BTC-e investigations the event has been an inside job. That brought three bearish trading years upon us.
One would have to be hand picking the right subset from former employes, never really assured not to move the new incarnation into the very same misery, again.
streetlight

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:35:56 PM

Mt.Gox was an epic embarrassment and set back bitcoin for a decade.

They should be give no second chances!

The brand itself is extremely toxic and anyone who knows anything about Mt Gox only associates it with the disaster it inflicted upon us.

In short To heck with Mt. Gox
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: