Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:54:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Recovery Services - for forgotten wallet password  (Read 63782 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:48:11 PM

I don't see how wallets can be recovered like that.

You have to be able to tell him what the passphrase is like. Then he tries modifying it in various ways to try to guess the bit that you remembered (or typed) wrongly. I don't see why you wouldn't think this would work.

I guess asking for payment upfront is a dead giveaway though.

I don't think so. It would be easy to "DOS" Dave by sending him a bunch of big wallets with a really long impossible to guess passphrases on them, and lying about what you "remember" of the passphrase. It would be quite reasonable of him to ask for some kind of payment up front to deter such attacks against him, because otherwise he's wasting his computing resources (and hence his money) on a wild goose chase.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
walletrecoveryservices (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 04:31:30 AM

Just wondering if this service is still available? Just spent 30 minutes reading the thread and now I am curious lol.
Hi. Yes, I'm still actively providing this service.
Cheers Dave (walletrecoveryservices.com)

Providing Cryptocurrency Wallet, Password and Seed Recovery Services since 2013
BTCpilgrim

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 10:10:07 AM

Hi all,

does anyone know if it would be possible to extract parts (some Characters) from a Bitcoin QT Wallet?
I have extracted the hash key from my Bitcoin Wallet and tried tokens plus my own password lists via
btcrecover.py but it seems so my known password(s) are not working. :-(

It may be super helpful if I could get just some letters extracted so I could probably remember
my password....

Thank you in advance!

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 06:01:22 PM

Hi all,

does anyone know if it would be possible to extract parts (some Characters) from a Bitcoin QT Wallet?
I have extracted the hash key from my Bitcoin Wallet and tried tokens plus my own password lists via
btcrecover.py but it seems so my known password(s) are not working. :-(

It may be super helpful if I could get just some letters extracted so I could probably remember
my password....

Thank you in advance!

Hi
No, unfortunately either the full password is found, or not. There is no way to determine just 'part' of a password via a brute fore attack...
Cheers
Dave

stefandownunder

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:24:50 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 03:43:23 PM by stefandownunder

I sent my wallet on the 03.03. and Dave doesn't answer my emails.
So it looks like it's a scam! Please watch out people!!

EDIT  Dave got back to me now, after 4 days of no answer I thought it's a scam.
I'll report back  EDIT

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 06:13:06 PM

I sent my wallet on the 03.03. and Dave doesn't answer my emails.
So it looks like it's a scam! Please watch out people!!

Just to clarify, I've been working at decrypting this wallet. I haven't succeeded yet.
I was busy with other things over the last few days, and I didn't reply to OP promptly when he asked for a status update.
I certainly haven't scammed him or taken his coins!
Hopefully I can still recover his wallet for him.
Cheers
Dave

cryptohazard

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:50:21 PM

Hi,

One question on Ethereum wallet: a user need to send you the whole keystore json right?
There is no lucky feature like in Bitcoin to send you just a bit of the wallet?

Just some curiosity: how many guesses per second can you perform on a single instance?

Thanks for your time.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 10:23:17 PM

Hi,

One question on Ethereum wallet: a user need to send you the whole keystore json right?
There is no lucky feature like in Bitcoin to send you just a bit of the wallet?

Just some curiosity: how many guesses per second can you perform on a single instance?

Thanks for your time.
Hi. That is correct, for both the ethereum presale and ethereum wallet formats, there is no way to send 'limited' information which enables trustless third-party decryption of a wallet.
On my rigs, guesses/second is in the range of 300,000/second for GPU based ethereum pre-sale wallet decryption (but much less for the mist/ethereum wallet format).
Cheers
Dave

ethereumscrypt

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:20:36 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 08:24:24 PM by ethereumscrypt

Beware, i sent Dave my ethereum pre-sale wallet months ago and he never replied. Now i can't even check the balance because he probably stole my ethereum. Biggest mistake I've made in my life.

EDIT: My apologies to Dave, He didnt recieve my mail last time i sent it and i got some help to check my file and the ETH is still there. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 01:43:50 PM

Beware, i sent Dave my ethereum pre-sale wallet months ago and he never replied. Now i can't even check the balance because he probably stole my ethereum. Biggest mistake I've made in my life.

Cool story newbie. Dave have on countless occasions spent his hard earned time to recover much bigger wallets than you probably have and gotten much less than he deserves.

Who do you think you are to open a scam accusation against him?

If what you mention is indeed true, kindly open an scamaccusation thread in the relevant sub forum with your evidence. Cheers!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 05:57:10 PM

Hi
I certainly haven't stolen your ethereum. Please let us know your public ethereum address, and we will all look at the balance.

I am contacted by many people every day about their wallets. Sometimes the information supplied is insufficient, or appears fraudulent, in which case I might not have replied to you.
If you have a valid wallet recovery question or issue, please send me another email, mentioning that you are user 'ethereumscrypt' from this forum, and I will take a look.
Cheers
Dave

ethereumscrypt

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:41:14 PM

Hi
I certainly haven't stolen your ethereum. Please let us know your public ethereum address, and we will all look at the balance.

I am contacted by many people every day about their wallets. Sometimes the information supplied is insufficient, or appears fraudulent, in which case I might not have replied to you.
If you have a valid wallet recovery question or issue, please send me another email, mentioning that you are user 'ethereumscrypt' from this forum, and I will take a look.
Cheers
Dave

I dont have an address. I used kraken's (https://www.kraken.com/ether/) pre-sale wallet tool to check my balance every once in a while. But last time i checked it said "could not fetch balance" and since i sent you my wallet months ago, i assumed you stole my ETH. The tool could have a problem, but i've used it for months and this is the first time it changed the message.
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:57:58 PM

Dave does your service work also for altcoin wallets?

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 06:05:21 PM

Hi Gillette.
Yes, indeed, my software works for the large majority of alt wallets. (there are a couple whose wallet format I do not support). You can refer to my website.
Cheers
Dave
walletrecoveryservices.com

ethereumscrypt

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 11:13:10 PM

First i want to say i'm sorry for any misunderstanding i caused. My mail probably got into Dave's spam folder and that's why he didnt get it some months ago. He probably just skipped my reply on the thread then. It happens.

He replied promptly this time and he was on my case some hours later. I am very thankful for his service and he charged the fee he said he was going to charge (20%). Very recommended. Grin

Regards ethereumscrypt.
slowdays

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:56:28 AM

Hi Gillette.
Yes, indeed, my software works for the large majority of alt wallets. (there are a couple whose wallet format I do not support). You can refer to my website.
Cheers
Dave

Hello , i really need your help . Yesterday one of my multibit classic wallets went corrupted after approx 4h i created it . I have no private key and it is not password protected , i can see couple back up files in wallet , i can manage to load one of the  , but it displays me only 1 out of 2 bitcoins address i have created in that wallet . So i manage to move btc from that one address , but still can't load second address . I have . info. wallet files  , amounts is stuck is approx 15BTC .
What is best contact you about issue ? Best Regards

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 06:18:19 AM

Hi Gillette.
Cheers
Dave

Hello , i really need your help . Yesterday one of my multibit classic wallets went corrupted after approx 4h i created it . I have no private key and it is not password protected , i can see couple back up files in wallet , i can manage to load one of the  , but it displays me only 1 out of 2 bitcoins address i have created in that wallet . So i manage to move btc from that one address , but still can't load second address . I have . info. wallet files  , amounts is stuck is approx 15BTC .

Hi. Please refer to my website at walletrecoveryservices.com.  My contact is walletrecoveryservices [{at}] gmail.com.
Cheers
Dave

slowdays

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:14:18 AM

Hi Gillette.
Cheers
Dave

Hi. Please refer to my website at walletrecoveryservices.com.  My contact is walletrecoveryservices [{at}] gmail.com.
Cheers
Dave

Just sent you e-mail , waiting for further instructions , 20% is fine with me.
saiclabs

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:08:22 AM

Just wanna thanks to Dave.

I've contacted him a week ago for the second time. I had an old ppcoin wallet which password I couldn't remember. I had idea what the password would be and I sent him the required info. A few days later I got reply with the password. I paid him 20% of the wallet, fair price.
The first time I contacted him was in 2014. The situation was very similar - I had litecoin wallet which password I couldn't remember. I sent him the required info and soon after I got the password.
I hope that I don't have to use his services for third time. Smiley, but if it's needed, I would contact him again without doubts.

Regards.
slowdays

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:30:55 PM

Hi Gillette.
Cheers
Dave

Cheers
Dave

When you send coins ? He never replied after i sent him wallet file , i can see coins moved.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: