Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZENcash masternode  (Read 3434 times)
winiets (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:18:54 PM

Hey guys,

I am mining zencash and i am getting about 1 ZEN every 24 hours.
Now i currently have 20 ZEN's and i saw you can start a secure node with only 42 coins.
I want to know how it actually works.
From what i've read i need to rent a vps and put my coins on a wallet there.
But what i want to know if have i still full acces to my coins?
Do i lose the 42 ZEN's or can i withdraw them from the wallet whenever i want?
ija61

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 12:06:53 AM

Hy,

I have played a little with their system while it was on testnet.

Well the difference between a masternode and a secure nod is that on a secure node the connection between the node and the network is secured via ssl.

In simple terms you will need a vps, a domain and a ssl certificate. You will still have access on your wallet, and you don't loose your coins.

If you need help on this just shoot me a PM.
Zendalet

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:18:04 AM

I didn't know about ZenCash masternodes. Is that a recent development or have they always been there?

What is the reward for running a ZenCash masternode?
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:50:02 AM

I didn't know about ZenCash masternodes. Is that a recent development or have they always been there?

I also am completely unaware of zencash masternodes. Is it for real? If it is for real, how many coins are necessary for the masternode?

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
cyptx51

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:12:41 AM

I also am completely unaware of zencash masternodes. Is it for real? If it is for real, how many coins are necessary for the masternode?

I am excited about the future of this project and wish I would've got involved sooner.  I'm working towards my 42 tokens now and am interested in mining also.
Zendalet

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:51:27 PM

I found a thread on Reddit with some more details about ZenCash secure nodes as they are called.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZenSys/comments/7adblp/how_do_i_set_up_a_zencash_masternode_and_what_are/

Every 2.5 minutes 0.5 ZEN is shared among all node operators. Since the creation of thread the rewards are a bit lower because there are now over 700 nodes that all have to share the reward.

42 ZEN is about $924 now. The price of ZenCash was boosted from $7 to $26 last month because of a Palm Beach Letter, whose effect may wear off in a few weeks. If you buy the 42 ZEN now and we assume the price goes down to $7 in the coming weeks and the number of nodes rises to 1000 you will earn about $2 a day. Your $942 worth of ZEN is now worth $294. That means it will take 315 days to earn back your $630 loss and another 30 days to pay the server rent at about $5 a month for a year.
mattaero

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:28:30 PM

I found a thread on Reddit with some more details about ZenCash secure nodes as they are called.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZenSys/comments/7adblp/how_do_i_set_up_a_zencash_masternode_and_what_are/

Every 2.5 minutes 0.5 ZEN is shared among all node operators. Since the creation of thread the rewards are a bit lower because there are now over 700 nodes that all have to share the reward.

42 ZEN is about $924 now. The price of ZenCash was boosted from $7 to $26 last month because of a Palm Beach Letter, whose effect may wear off in a few weeks. If you buy the 42 ZEN now and we assume the price goes down to $7 in the coming weeks and the number of nodes rises to 1000 you will earn about $2 a day. Your $942 worth of ZEN is now worth $294. That means it will take 315 days to earn back your $630 loss and another 30 days to pay the server rent at about $5 a month for a year.

I mean that would be a fantastic return, even if it went down.  At $2 per day, that's ~$730 per year.  That means if you bought in at $7, you are making like 300%, or if it stays at ~$22, you are making ~80%.  In either situation, if you truly are a hodler and not a speculator, then that is amazing.  Only a few masternode coins pay over 80% and most have horrifically low volume so its not really a good indicator. 

As soon as I take my profits from a couple of my icos, I will still be buying into Zen.  (again).  I foolishly sold after mining like 300 coins when it first came out :/.
Zendalet

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:06:10 AM

A word of warning then. A lot of masternodes started out extremely profitable, but then the law of supply and demand kicked in driving the number of nodes up and the ROI down. If you bought in at the low then it's all good of couse.
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:11:50 AM

A word of warning then. A lot of masternodes started out extremely profitable, but then the law of supply and demand kicked in driving the number of nodes up and the ROI down. If you bought in at the low then it's all good of couse.

A good advice, but among the coins with masternode, zencash is one of the reliable coin, worth a try.

Zendalet

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:16:24 AM

True, ZenCash isn't comparable to a useless, formerly dead coin like ChainCoin which was pumped from 7 cent to 7 dollar, and quickly back to 12 cents again. Just imagine how much a ChainCoin masternode at the ATH price must have cost: 1000 coins were required.
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:20:18 PM

I mean that would be a fantastic return, even if it went down.  At $2 per day, that's ~$730 per year.  That means if you bought in at $7, you are making like 300%, or if it stays at ~$22, you are making ~80%.  In either situation, if you truly are a hodler and not a speculator, then that is amazing.  Only a few masternode coins pay over 80% and most have horrifically low volume so its not really a good indicator. 

As soon as I take my profits from a couple of my icos, I will still be buying into Zen.  (again).  I foolishly sold after mining like 300 coins when it first came out :/.

Yeah, I also foolishly sold some of mine and now I don't have enough for a masternode. Will have to find the monies to rebuy....

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:00:36 PM

how much a masternode can generate per day or per month?
Is there a calculation website for being a masternode for zencash? i will think to build a masternode for zencash
fasaao

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:16:14 PM

So far we have around 800 nodes in total. How much you will get monthly directly is determined by the number of nodes in system, all nodes will get equal share 3.5% of every mined block, if conditions are satisfied.

https://securenodes.eu.zensystem.io/
https://zennodes.network/

Ues this calculator http://zen.lebre.net/
5000 is expected number of nodes but you can play with numbers between 1000 and 5000 nodes.
Price per VPN  is around 5$ maybe litle more.

If there will be 1000 nodes as i used for example, and price per zen is 30 USD then it will be like this:

Monthly Reward per Secure Node (100% uptime): 7.56 ZEN

Value in USD: 226.80$

Monthly Profit in USD: 221.80$

Annual Profit in USD: 2661.60$

Annual Profit in ZEN:: 88.72 ZEN

Annual ROI in Zen: 211.24%
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:19:17 PM

how much a masternode can generate per day or per month?
Is there a calculation website for being a masternode for zencash? i will think to build a masternode for zencash
About 2.5 mins a new block is added to the block chain. When this happens there are 12.5 new zencash created. 10.6 zencash go to the miners; 1.4 go the Zen foundation for development and advertisement; and .5 Zencash will go to the node operators.
NemanjaMBL

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:46:00 AM

... based on how confident you are we might as well take a bet against a future price of zen
MinerJLM

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:50:31 AM

masternode is alive?

or still in testnet?

where i can get more informations about number os mn's and reward ?
Thanks
winiets (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:57:54 PM

It's no masternode but secure node.
Yes they are on mainnet since nov. 30
The first two weeks are without payout.
I think that the price of zen and the amount of zen needed for a node will rise soon.
Ivana3

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:11:49 PM

Very interesting concept. I guess the real challenge to run a secure node is to have a SSL certificate ?
Tosyn2

Activity: 566
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:58:24 PM

Do anybody know how to set up the mastermode i have been trying it to no avail.
sverrir

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:10:55 PM

How much does a secure node earn per month ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: