Poll
Question: Bitcoin Gold BTG a scam ?
Scam - 23 (59%)
Genuine - 12 (30.8%)
Cant say - 4 (10.3%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold , A scam ? Please Help & Please Vote for the Poll  (Read 1204 times)
Sarveshjagga (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Etherium Era

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:33:32 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 05:37:34 AM by Sarveshjagga

Hello Everyone, i have recently invested in bitcoin gold when price was 400 dollar and was rising. So i thought of giving the shot  but since then the price is dumping like anything.

I was reading through twitter and facebook. Many people claiming it to be scam. I really would like to know from people whether its really a scam ? If i would move out now i may still save some dollar.

Edit Recovered losses, thanks for all support.
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:49:08 PM

no mate, it is not a scam, you received it because you diserved to have that coin, we all were supposed to receive that coin because it is the result of the last fork.
just think about it, you received about 1:1 of your total bitcoins in bitcoin gold, the only ones who were not able to claim them were those who were holding their bitcoins on bittrex.
It has been rising a lot, i dont find a good explanation of why it rised from $110 to $400 in just a few days, it is so strange, i dont understand.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

Sarveshjagga (OP)

Etherium Era

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:53:26 PM

no mate, it is not a scam, you received it because you diserved to have that coin, we all were supposed to receive that coin because it is the result of the last fork.
just think about it, you received about 1:1 of your total bitcoins in bitcoin gold, the only ones who were not able to claim them were those who were holding their bitcoins on bittrex.
It has been rising a lot, i dont find a good explanation of why it rised from $110 to $400 in just a few days, it is so strange, i dont understand.

Thanks for the info, exactly i bought around 50 btgs at price of 400. I had put my all savings thinking i can build good money for future.

But right now, i m so much worried seeing it dumping like anything. Posts on twitter about scam from btg teams in different ways.

I dont know if it will ever recover back. Sad
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:07:40 PM

Thanks for the info, exactly i bought around 50 btgs at price of 400. I had put my all savings thinking i can build good money for future.
Are you serious? you bought 50 bitcoin goldies at $400 each one? They were 1/4 of its actual price three days ago, and now you invested all your money in there? Why have you done that?
It is more than twenty thousand dollars and i am sure that bitcoin gold will drop a lot because it has been hyped just like the way that bitcoin cash has been hyped too. There are better coins than this one, and you just putted all your savings in here... you were not smart at all.

Sarveshjagga (OP)

Etherium Era

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:12:43 PM

Are you serious? you bought 50 bitcoin goldies at $400 each one? They were 1/4 of its actual price three days ago, and now you invested all your money in there? Why have you done that?
It is more than twenty thousand dollars and i am sure that bitcoin gold will drop a lot because it has been hyped just like the way that bitcoin cash has been hyped too. There are better coins than this one, and you just putted all your savings in here... you were not smart at all.

I regret not selling it for 475 dollars. I had put up sell at 500 dollars and it went till 484 , i missed selling and now i am in hell. 

I can hold the coins for a long time for price to recover. I just want to know whether the coin is a scam or not ? Because seeing so many posts on twitter keeps giving me small heart attacks again and again
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 11:18:03 PM

But right now, i m so much worried seeing it dumping like anything. Posts on twitter about scam from btg teams in different ways.

Who in the world does what you just did ? Why would you buy a coin that you're not even sure about yet ? And to make it worse you decided to put in all your savings in that single coin that you have no idea about ? $20,000 mate ? That's literally crazy.

Well, you should've read here and there before attempting to make such an investment.
After any hard fork, people tend to sell their coins all at once as they just go them for free and they wan't to benefit from it at the best price. That's why you can find almost the exact scenario in Bitcoin Cash.

But the fact whether a certain coin is going to have a future or is just going to keep going down till it dies like any erc-20 token depends on whether or not the coin has a community that supports it.

And it looks like the premine that BTG devs announced hurt their reputation a lot and I'm not sure if the coin will recover any time soon.
Why didn't you invest in bitcoins ? The price at that time was about $6800. You know that it is easy for it return to 7k+.
That $20k could've been $21.5k by today's price only which is actually going to go up more.

I really don't know what you should do, you're in such a complicated situation. Selling at today's price is not a good idea either as those 50 coins won't get you more than 8k ouch !

I'd suggest you totally forget about the coins for now until it gets pumped and sell at that time. Sorry for your loss mate.
Sarveshjagga (OP)

Etherium Era

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:25:44 PM

Who in the world does what you just did ? Why would you buy a coin that you're not even sure about yet ? And to make it worse you decided to put in all your savings in that single coin that you have no idea about ? $20,000 mate ? That's literally crazy.

Well, you should've read here and there before attempting to make such an investment.
After any hard fork, people tend to sell their coins all at once as they just go them for free and they wan't to benefit from it at the best price. That's why you can find almost the exact scenario in Bitcoin Cash.

But the fact whether a certain coin is going to have a future or is just going to keep going down till it dies like any erc-20 token depends on whether or not the coin has a community that supports it.

And it looks like the premine that BTG devs announced hurt their reputation a lot and I'm not sure if the coin will recover any time soon.
Why didn't you invest in bitcoins ? The price at that time was about $6800. You know that it is easy for it return to 7k+.
That $20k could've been $21.5k by today's price only which is actually going to go up more.

I really don't know what you should do, you're in such a complicated situation. Selling at today's price is not a good idea either as those 50 coins won't get you more than 8k ouch !

I'd suggest you totally forget about the coins for now until it gets pumped and sell at that time. Sorry for your loss mate.

I know i made a mistake since i became greedy at that point of time .I thought  Within no minutes, i will sell for 500 and could easily make 5000 dollars. I know how much i am repenting. I have learnt alot of things that day.

I need support to know whether bitcoin gold is a scam. Hope they will not run with 8000 also which i can get back now. Please guide me.
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

I think the word “Scam” is over used.  BTG it’s a cash grab, maybe a pump and dump, and a poorly executed clone, but since the developer is pretty open about when he is doing, I don’t think it is a scam.  I reserve the word “scam” for when the developer is lying to enrich himself.  Here, he is just openly trying to enrich himself. 

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:17:26 AM

Why didn't you noob invest on bitcoin to get any future bitcoinxxxxxx scam fork and then dump them on someone like yourself? I wouldn't call them scammers, I would say that they're selling you what you could get for free, You still can get more than 16 millions of bitcoin double spend, First launch a coin and while you are the only one with most of the supply Cheesy Fork it and have x2 coins on your own exchange, no one will suspect or stop you. more power Cheesy
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:25:50 AM

It is not a scam coin of course, but it is one of the most shady projects that i have ever seen, a few hours ago a group of reddit has discovered that the developer was taking about 0.50% of all the mined coins from all those guys who were mining bitcoin gold.
The devs are taking profit from everything, and this is the only reason of why they created this fork, because they want as much money as they can, that was the only purpose, they dont even care about the people and about the community, they just want money.
And investing $20k in this coin? you should think it twice.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
RealKhan

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:43:19 AM

There are some facts that say that Bit Gold is a scam.
1-There is still no technical information. Mechanics and algorithm from ZCash. Nothing is known about the complexity of mining. There is no test network, there are no test transactions. The code was not updated for 27 days.

2-Problems with the code. There is no protection against the double transaction that is stated on the site. Without protection, no exchange and wallet will work with BTG.

3-The idea of BTG, the site and the data has completely changed several times. In the early photographs, the currency is called Bitcoin GPU, the English translation is very bad.

4-Whois - many other very scam domains are registered for the same email address.
Sarveshjagga (OP)

Etherium Era

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:58:54 AM

Can you please share link for this whois ?
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:04:27 AM

There might be someone pumping it then dump for (of course) profit. The crucial thing now would either continue to hold and hope to profit from it or just cut your loses. Actually, I don't really kind of invest my coins with that type of coins.
Sarveshjagga (OP)

Etherium Era

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:13:42 AM

There might be someone pumping it then dump for (of course) profit. The crucial thing now would either continue to hold and hope to profit from it or just cut your loses. Actually, I don't really kind of invest my coins with that type of coins.

To be honest, i am totally okay with holding only if the coin has future. I dono see any support for this coin right now which is of big concern to me.
Sarveshjagga (OP)

Etherium Era

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:16:49 AM

Any big whale who can help to pump the price and save me from the loss will be appreciated. He can pm me.

Else i am ready to hold it for long time. Dont feel like selling low and crying whole left time that would be stupid.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:10:34 AM

people call a lot of things scam just because they want them to be dumped for many different reasons but mostly they do it because they want to buy that thing at the bottom and then ride the pump of it.

in case of bitcoin gold, i still wouldn't call it a scam. but it definitely is a shitcoin. that doesn't mean it is not profitable to invest in it.
your mistake is that you bought it at a bad time. you bought when everyone was dumping their free BTG tokens. there has been 16.5+ million bitcoins when they forked it and people received 16.5+ million BTG from this fork which many will surely dump and continue to dump in the near future until it reaches the bottom.
if you want to invest you should invest by then, when the dumping has stopped or slowed down.

don't expect anything big out of this premined altcoin but it has potential for getting pumped.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:26:28 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2253633.0

SCAM

SCAM

SCAM

SInce aug 2017, everybody has said SCAM

The BTG-DEV team is gone, they scammed out, they put malware in the daemon to scam mining coins

SCAM

GOOGLE "Bitcoin Gold Scam", you will get 380,000 hits

Typical bullshit ppl when greedy do stupid shit, but after they lose their ass they go running to government to product them, make them good.

THIS is why the GOOD exchanges REFUSED to trade in BTG

Let us guess U bought on YOBIT.NET 4 weeks ?? From the RUSSIANS???
bitfools

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:28:30 AM

people call a lot of things scam just because they want them to be dumped for many different reasons but mostly they do it because they want to buy that thing at the bottom and then ride the pump of it.

in case of bitcoin gold, i still wouldn't call it a scam. but it definitely is a shitcoin. that doesn't mean it is not profitable to invest in it.
your mistake is that you bought it at a bad time. you bought when everyone was dumping their free BTG tokens. there has been 16.5+ million bitcoins when they forked it and people received 16.5+ million BTG from this fork which many will surely dump and continue to dump in the near future until it reaches the bottom.
if you want to invest you should invest by then, when the dumping has stopped or slowed down.

don't expect anything big out of this premined altcoin but it has potential for getting pumped.

SCAM

+300 posts on this forum since August 2017

SCAM

"an operation to separate fools from their money"

All the fucking ALT's are scams, cost of all input is ZERO; SHILLS by the 1,000's have been shilling BTG for weeks, Jack Liao spent $100's of thousands of dollars in the past months getting favorable PR to launch this code

Hell every newspaper for months "BTG  Going to make mining Equitable again ... "

ORCHESTRATED SCAM
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:30:08 AM

I don't believe Bitcoin Gold is a scam, I believe in Bitcoin hard forks, like Bitcoin Cash that was pumped last week. And I do believe that Bitcoin Gold has a good future also like Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.

bitfools

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:33:08 AM

Can you please share link for this whois ?

SCAM

Back in August 2017, Reddit did  a 10 page analysis of this coin, about who was behind it, virtually every scam website in Bulgaria is owned by the same scammers

In this case BGT*.* 100's of SCAM webs all designed to steal priv-keys, wallets, BTC's, .. all orchestrated cuz ppl wanted free btg
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: