Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:08:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH or LTC long term?  (Read 169353 times)
Ertetert

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:06:37 AM

In the long run all that will remain is some quantum-proof smart contract supporting and energy efficient blockchain. I guess it hasnt been invented yet but soon it will be.
Queen999

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:10:28 AM

I think both coins are not a bad investment and both coins are very stable in this time, But I prefer eth is better than ltc.
f80

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:10:51 AM

Both coins are potentially good for long term, but I see bigger potential in ETH so if i would invest now i would do 70% ETH and 30% LTC  Smiley
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:12:04 AM

Kinda new in the crptospace though so can't really say..however,both eth and ltc got prospects...for me,eth goes for the win...see it reaching back to it's ATH before year end.
well for me I agree that eth will prosper more if we are dealing with long term as we see bitcoin still insisting its position as the number 1 in crypto currency while another coins are out from the origin and what will possibly happen with ltc as its was created to settle some issue from bitcoin core or its just a copy of btc.
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:13:52 AM

If you are going to invest for long term then both coins OK but Ethereum is going with very strong marketing as most of ICO's using ethereum chain for giving tokens and Ltc is stuck on same price for long time so investing in Ethereum is giving some good profit right now investing in this is good
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:15:02 AM

Brand new to the cryptocurrency market.  Currently I hold a decent amount of LTC.  It's value has gone up nicely since I purchased it.  I've read all the predictions for LTC in 2018 and 2019.  It sounds promising as a long term hold...which is what I'm more comfortable doing...to reach $200 -$300 a coin.   I like the fact that there is a team in place trying hard to ensure it's future.  Charlie Lee may not be the most charismatic spokesman publicly but he's out there doing it which gives me confidence in his product.  Now, it's obvious that ETH is not going anywhere.  My question for the board is which outperforms the other in the next 5 years?  I tend to invest heavily in the direction that has the bigger upside.  Perhaps I should split my investing 50/50 regarding ETH and LTC?  What say the more experienced cryptocurrency gurus? 

I have nothing against BTC.  I don't see it going anywhere.  It is the giant.  However, I feel the current price point is too high for my liking. 

Thanks
I would suggest you to invest half on of your amount in LTC and half in BCH. These altcoins are really coming up in the market. I have planned to buy some Litecoins and keep for a long term.  They are marketing themselves very well. Their team is really strong and up-to date.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
long8899

Activity: 202
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:17:06 AM

of course, they have a good future.
I think as bitcoin going up, these two would going up as well

bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:21:29 AM

At the current trend and flow of their respective gains, Ethereum would be much sustainable and profit wise. Everyday their is new ICO and the demand of Eth is getting higher , so demand > supply = price increase. Also, Eth has more use now than LiteCoin , Litecoin this past few months been stagnant and no new development that would make it's price increase. Eth profitable in trading also and for long term.
palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:24:03 AM

Brand new to the cryptocurrency market.  Currently I hold a decent amount of LTC.  It's value has gone up nicely since I purchased it.  I've read all the predictions for LTC in 2018 and 2019.  It sounds promising as a long term hold...which is what I'm more comfortable doing...to reach $200 -$300 a coin.   I like the fact that there is a team in place trying hard to ensure it's future.  Charlie Lee may not be the most charismatic spokesman publicly but he's out there doing it which gives me confidence in his product.  Now, it's obvious that ETH is not going anywhere.  My question for the board is which outperforms the other in the next 5 years?  I tend to invest heavily in the direction that has the bigger upside.  Perhaps I should split my investing 50/50 regarding ETH and LTC?  What say the more experienced cryptocurrency gurus? 

I have nothing against BTC.  I don't see it going anywhere.  It is the giant.  However, I feel the current price point is too high for my liking. 

Thanks

I actually like the last part of your idea and analysis.

So, I would just be succinct in my suggestion and it is not far from what your ideas are.

The first is that, it is better not to put your eggs in one basket. You can diversify but instead of 50/50 for LTC and ETH, you can make it 70 for LTC and 30 for ETH, being that you analyzed that LTC would be nice in future.

The other idea supports the first since you deduced that btc has been over rated, is better to "catch them young ". So, going with promising altcoins is better , after all bitcoin started with less than a dollar too. Success buddy
arwenphoenix

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:25:06 AM

If i have to choose between ETH and LTC for a long term, certainly i will go with ETH , i think it's potiental than LTC for sure.
Harry1v

Activity: 115

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:30:48 AM

Of course, eth, ltc development and publicity there are problems, and ltc mechanism and eth is completely different, eth smart contract is far from ltc able to.

mukabokep

Activity: 490
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:31:10 AM

if you choose to divide 50/50 for both coins I think that is a very appropriate choice. because for both these coins have a good future with a great community .. for eth I myself not only do mining but also buy it and I made it as a savings  Smiley
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 11:31:40 AM

They are both altcoin no need to compared this because each altcoin have a goal and potential to the crypto market cap. Let say if you have this then hold it for a long run just invest enough of your capital. This two altcoin you mentioned are on the top 5 most valuebled altcoin in crypto market cap so nothing to worry if holding this now. Your decision to have 50/50 on both altcoin the LTC and ETH thats correct.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:32:29 AM

both are a good coin for long term investment. but i rather choose erthereum rather than litecoin based on the project. ethereum seems more promising than litecoin in the project and ethereum offer more in their project and seems so good.

Ertetert

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:33:43 AM

Technologically ETH is strictly better. And there are also striclty better technological alternatives to ETH.
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:34:31 AM

ETH for short term trades and LTC for the long term because its more stable than eth price.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Ains_sama

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:37:02 AM

Eth and LTC are different births. Eth Age is younger than LTC. For a crypto currency, eth has a current visible advantage over LTC. So I think Ethereum is better than LTC. I trust Eth more. But the decision in your hands. To choose a long term investment.
dio1715

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:43:45 AM

I think it makes sense to keep both of these coins. The growth prospect of the ether is very good. But LTC, too, should soon show itself well. I believe in both of these coins.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:47:33 AM

LTC is just a simple cryptocurrency just like BTC so I would always prefer ETH over LTC as it offers more features like smart contracts, good speed and low fees etc. But I'm not saying LTC is a bad coin as long as BTC is valuable LTC will be valuable too because it's actually a test base for BTC.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
berlunberg

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:50:35 AM

I am for ETH. I have seen a debt-issuing project (carried out by large telecom company) that used ethereum smart contracts in real. Eth has more potential to be included into real business ecosystem and, therefore, to increase its value.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: