Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:52:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] labcoin ASIC - v.1 @130nm/300Mhz -16 cores chip - European / Chinese Team  (Read 33598 times)
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:22:52 AM

IPO probably best choice to speed up production.

how would private IPO work?

Thanks for the update

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:31:39 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 03:43:07 AM by dan99

no ipo, most will prefer their own mining hardware.

" If all the post-simulations are positive, this IC design will go on tape-out, without test runs but with minimized risks, in a few days;  TSMC has a 65nm CLN65/CMN65 on schedule for 8 and 22 July."

- Go for the July 8th Tape out with TMSC for the 10k chip. Time is critical.

- if July 8th tape out you should get your Asic chip by middle of August and you can shipped those units out by August 2013.

They are a bunch of Asics coming in Sept and October ...

By the way USB Asic will not be a good piece of hardware to re-cover your ROI... may as well sell the higher hashing rate unit!
cchan

Activity: 379

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:33:55 AM

I have to say I like IPO.

Can you be more specific ? there are various sites for doing the IPO, but we are more prone to a "private IPO" approach, if we should choose this way.
In addition, we would like to keep all the proceedings from the IPO on escrow, until we have a contract signed with the fab for the final tape-out.
We would be talking about a quite large sum of money.

Thanks for your feedback.

IPO on sites is just ok. Why do you choose "private IPO"?
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:34:53 AM

In my view there are two different approaches here. Either you go straight for manufacturing of the 10k USB devices @ about (if I understand correctly) 1.5 x the speed of the ASICMINER block Eruptors and sell them to the public.

OR

You do a BTCT.CO/Bitfunder style IPO and rush to mass production of a more complex miner and/or mine-farm.

I think both are viable, though I think a IPO (if reasonably priced, well structure etc.) may be a much more,profitable and attractive option for all parties.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:58:21 AM

The other choice is opening a public IPO and going for a larger run of IC, 100.000~200.000 and mantain our previously announced marketing strategy. We want to hear the community opinion about this.

Just do like everyone else does. Make up some numbers and open your website for pre-orders. There's plenty of fools customers that will throw lots of money your way.

Buy & Hold
tinoki

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:01:51 AM

The other choice is opening a public IPO and going for a larger run of IC, 100.000~200.000 and mantain our previously announced marketing strategy. We want to hear the community opinion about this.

Just do like everyone else does. Make up some numbers and open your website for pre-orders. There's plenty of fools customers that will throw lots of money your way.

Be ethical nobody likes the work ethics of Butterfly or Avalon, they are being called scammers, cheaters and fraudsters.. and those 4 letter words. Grin
TheSwede75

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:26:49 AM

no ipo, most will prefer their own mining hardware.

" If all the post-simulations are positive, this IC design will go on tape-out, without test runs but with minimized risks, in a few days;  TSMC has a 65nm CLN65/CMN65 on schedule for 8 and 22 July."

- Go for the July 8th Tape out with TMSC for the 10k chip. Time is critical.

- if July 8th tape out you should get your Asic chip by middle of August and you can shipped those units out by August 2013.

They are a bunch of Asics coming in Sept and October ...

By the way USB Asic will not be a good piece of hardware to re-cover your ROI... may as well sell the higher hashing rate unit!

I'm not so sure you are necessarily correct. I think we are just now moving towards the main stream acceptance and interesting bitcoin. A say $50 USB miner, that can hash at 5-800 mh/s would prob sell very well even in sept/oct.

That said, I think that a ASICMINER style forum based/private IPO @ a reasonable valuation for production of low-cost larger units would prob still be a safer and more rewarding venture.

auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:39:03 AM

I would go for the IPO to raise more funds and to run a bigger production.
auto2nr1

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:56:39 AM

Can you be more specific ? there are various sites for doing the IPO, but we are more prone to a "private IPO" approach, if we should choose this way.
In addition, we would like to keep all the proceedings from the IPO on escrow, until we have a contract signed with the fab for the final tape-out.

What would be considered a private IPO? Just private investors funding a bulk of the IPO outside of an exchange? How much money would you need to raise? How would the share structure and payout look like? If you can provide more details please share. Thanks.
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:03:49 AM

What would be considered a private IPO? Just private investors funding a bulk of the IPO outside of an exchange? How much money would you need to raise? How would the share structure and payout look like? If you can provide more details please share. Thanks.

+1 yes, yes, what that guy said above Cool please more detail, or if you're undecided lets discuss options here
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:50:33 AM

Hi

where did you found the information about asicminer 800/1ph deployment?

if someone can post any link or else?

thanks
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:08:30 PM

I believe ASICMINER has said that 800-1000 TH will be the total hashrate of the whole network and that they will bring in 200 TH to keep the 20% of the network, but the above statement has been misquoted as if they will implement the 1000 TH themselves.

edit: changed 1 TH to 1000 TH.

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
TheSwede75

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:51:21 PM

I also think we all need to take the ASICMINER deployment schedule and speed with a grain of salt. They still haven't hit their rollouts so far (thou close) and it always takes longer then expected to get to "market" with hash rate they expected.

There is also the already announced security and infrastructure risks of rolling out hash rate in China that Yifu has already explained in their Bitcoin expo video.
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:02:48 PM

Do both. Private IPO and accept pre-orders, offering escrow until a prototype is available.
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:03:38 PM

again

someone has a link abt the asicminer deployment?

thanks
TheSwede75

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:18:26 PM

Do both. Private IPO and accept pre-orders, offering escrow until a prototype is available.

Not a bad idea actually. If they can work parallel and churn out the 10k order as USB miners for instant ROI while using IPO funds to support Gen 2 development that may very well be the best solution. It would also enable dividends to share holders from Gen 1 as capital raised is used for Gen 2 dev.

+1 for this plan!

I am also very interested in a fairly significant portion of a private IPO (100-500 BTC)
auto2nr1

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:24:06 PM

Not a bad idea actually. If they can work parallel and churn out the 10k order as USB miners for instant ROI while using IPO funds to support Gen 2 development that may very well be the best solution. It would also enable dividends to share holders from Gen 1 as capital raised is used for Gen 2 dev.

+1 for this plan!

I am also very interested in a fairly significant portion of a private IPO (100-500 BTC)

+1 for investors to fund both projects.
labcoin (OP)

Activity: 154

Labcoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 02:48:34 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 04:22:40 AM by labcoin

Ok guys, thanks for the feedbacks.

Here is today's latest update from the Chinese team :

the IC version @ 65nm succeded post-simulation at 500 Mhz instead of 400 Mhz with some more optimizations, and still room for further overclocking.

+1 for this plan!

+1 for investors to fund both projects.

We find this is the best option for our interests and those of the eventual shareholders. This way we would have a product relatively fast on the market and fund the 100k chip order, which will yield about 50 TH, even considering deployment costs, and various factors, we think it woud still be worth the investment.

The gen 2 chip you are referring to is the one the Chinese team is working on, or are you referring to the European team work ?

Advices are appreciated about the private IPO as well, how do you think this should work ?

We don't have experience with IPOs but have some financial background as well.

As for now we will go ahead with our plan and  the 8/22 July tape-out. Everything is almost ready for going to final  tape-out.

http://labcoin.com - Proprietary ASIC technology
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:45:21 AM

Good move " As for now we will go ahead with our plan and  the 8/22 July tape-out. Everything is almost ready for going to final  tape-out."

That is the best thing you should do. IPO and what not can come later. .to my understanding IPO, can be shares or shares base on per gh/s. You may not want to sell out all the IPO because you still need to have majority control. But some guys in AM group may know better.

Curious how you get 500mh/s per chip? are you using liquid cool? What was the watts consumption per chip?
labcoin (OP)

Activity: 154

Labcoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 04:31:13 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 04:50:29 AM by labcoin

Good move " As for now we will go ahead with our plan and  the 8/22 July tape-out. Everything is almost ready for going to final  tape-out."

That is the best thing you should do. IPO and what not can come later. .to my understanding IPO, can be shares or shares base on per gh/s. You may not want to sell out all the IPO because you still need to have majority control. But some guys in AM group may know better.

Curious how you get 500mh/s per chip? are you using liquid cool? What was the watts consumption per chip?

Yes, but we haven't taken yet a final decision, regarding if that initial batch of ICs will be used for producing USB miners and those put up for sale, or  use the IC for private deployment.
We are still trying to figure out costs and price for eventual sale for having a better idea, but the best probable strategy as some of you suggested is selling the devices with escrowed pre-order and do an IPO. We are not very inclined familiar with an IPO model, as this wasn't our initial plan, but we'll start running numbers.
Indeed we think that the only way to gain some kind of  hedge on the competitors now, is going big, possibly for a 100.000 ICs order.
From the initial feedbacks from the community, it looks like there's interest to share the risk and thus, the profits of this eventual move.
We look forward for further discussion, time constraints are strict, so we would like to pan out a definitive strategy as soon as possible.

Labcoin Team

EDIT : Typos and phrasing

http://labcoin.com - Proprietary ASIC technology
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: