Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:31:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] labcoin ASIC - v.1 @130nm/300Mhz -16 cores chip - European / Chinese Team  (Read 33598 times)
warhawk187

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:38:53 AM

Hmm, I'm a bit nervous about the whole "by the end of September" thing for getting everything online. Hopefully they have a faster internal goal for getting that initial hash power online.  I'm expecting pretty massive diff increases starting in September when the first KnCs hit.

Of course the dates/times provided take into consideration lead time etc. I personally also feel that accounting for current max-diff increase per period is more than taking into account a LOT of ASIC delivery.

NO NEWS for the last 2 weeks or so, why? After doing a successful IPO they vanished into the thin air? Why No Updates? What's going On with LabCoin? When are the Chips coming out? Hello, where is Sam??

I've never seen someones ignore button get so yellow in a span of ~90 days.

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 08:36:47 AM

Hmm, I'm a bit nervous about the whole "by the end of September" thing for getting everything online. Hopefully they have a faster internal goal for getting that initial hash power online.  I'm expecting pretty massive diff increases starting in September when the first KnCs hit.

Of course the dates/times provided take into consideration lead time etc. I personally also feel that accounting for current max-diff increase per period is more than taking into account a LOT of ASIC delivery.

NO NEWS for the last 2 weeks or so, why? After doing a successful IPO they vanished into the thin air? Why No Updates? What's going On with LabCoin? When are the Chips coming out? Hello, where is Sam??

There has been news. A lot of it has been in the thread on the security board. Basically the chips should be arriving from the fab in the next few days, and they expect a week or so to get the first 2000-2500 chips online and hashing.

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:36:11 AM

RESERVED
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 10:31:40 AM

RESERVED

Lol, it's a bit late for that, isn't it?  

Who is going to read 15 pages in?

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:36:54 AM

RESERVED

maybe he think that he is reserving some place in the queue,  hahaha
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:39:49 AM

RESERVED

maybe he think that he is reserving some place in the queue,  hahaha

I'm all in.

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:18:17 AM

What's up with that? Does it get yellower when more people ignore that person or what?

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:22:02 AM

What's up with that? Does it get yellower when more people ignore that person or what?

zacharycebu

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:25:17 AM

Anyone know why the labcoin IPO crashed so hard today? (it has since picked back up, but there was a HUGE HUGE drop)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:27:24 AM

Anyone know why the labcoin IPO crashed so hard today? (it has since picked back up, but there was a HUGE HUGE drop)

Interesting. I haven't been keeping up with it, but I suppose the answer is somewhere towards the end of this thread for discussing the Labcoin security: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.0

I'll read it over and edit the reason into my post here, because I am also curious now.  Smiley

EDIT: It seems Eve it right, "You know why? They weren't any updates or news from theSwede or Sam after the IPO? Off course everyone is worry."

It seems like a massive panic sale because of no updates. After the ball starts rolling down the hill, it is hard to stop.
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:28:21 AM

You know why? They weren't any updates or news from theSwede or Sam after the IPO? Off course everyone is worry.
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:35:17 AM

and here is the thread that has something to do with their IPO, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.3760

Some says share were locked? and others say lack of communication between them, but the production is done by the Chinese guys in China, so wouldn't know how much of an influence they have over them? or was there a fallout between Sam and theSwede over btc?

Btcgarden already closed shop, refunding their IPO.

Waiting for Sam and theSwede for an updates.
physalis

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:47:32 PM

Interesting. I haven't been keeping up with it, but I suppose the answer is somewhere towards the end of this thread for discussing the Labcoin security: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.0

I'll read it over and edit the reason into my post here, because I am also curious now.  Smiley

EDIT: It seems Eve it right, "You know why? They weren't any updates or news from theSwede or Sam after the IPO? Off course everyone is worry."

It seems like a massive panic sale because of no updates. After the ball starts rolling down the hill, it is hard to stop.
The reason was that most of the investors in this place are impatient little kids.

TheSwede said he will give an update "early next week" and all the kiddies were sitting on the edges of their seats on monday and tuesday. Then Swede posted something along the lines "Sorry I wasn't able to talk to [the labcoin team] today, so I got no update right now". Then people went bananas, trolls came and called everything a scam, blablabla, more idiots joining the FUD party, blablabla => crash. Then just a few hours later, the actual update came and the price shot back up.

To summarize again: impatient little kids who fall for FUD, that's all.

last updates:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.msg3024941#msg3024941 (confirmation that the first batch of chips are received)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.msg3034290#msg3034290 (photo of the chip)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.msg3036247#msg3036247
chip_painter

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:25:47 PM

Today we have a very important update, the Chinese team is simulating a lot of design simultaneously and worked almost non-stop for the last 48 hours  targeting different process sizes.

The results are more than positive, i will try to outline them in the clearest way possible.

1) The 65nm 500Mhz is still undergoing post-verification phase, while another simulation is ongoing at 600Mhz and we're waiting for the results.

2)  Post simulations yielded positive results on a 130nm, 300Mhz, Power 0.8W, 6.5x6.5mm design.

The team is working on HDL optimizations to get 16 cores for chip.

Some math, quoted from the tech team
    "300M*16=4.8G, 0.8*16=12.8W, Area=130,0000*16=2080,0000, make the utilization ratio to 50%, the chip size will be about 4160,0000um2, about 6.5mm x 6.5mm"

"Power consumption per GHash is 12.8W/4.8G=2.7W/GHash"

"Estimated selling price for chip, 8-9 USD"

What does this mean ? i think it's not hard to get.  130nm process and 5GH speed at slightly higher power consumption, but competitive prices.

Shoot any question guys

Sam
Labcoin team

estimated selling price of 8-9 USD is affordable, is this confirm??

I wonder if the calculations are correct. the "a 130nm, 300Mhz, Power 0.8W, 6.5x6.5mm design" means the size for 1 core is 6.5*6.5. or for 16 cores?
That is very confusing.
tucenaber

Activity: 337
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:28:17 AM

We own and run several machines. checkout the team labcoin at btcguild Wink

This team is old.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:16:26 AM

This team is old.

This team can't post a mining address.

BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:28:35 AM

This team is old.

This team has posted their mining address.

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:28:43 PM

This team is old.

After a few days of setting things up, still no hashing hardware.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:45:33 AM

This team is old.

After a few days of setting things up, still no hashing hardware.

See something now
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.msg3207029#msg3207029
http://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=rankings&section=teams

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 05:23:21 AM

They should share technical details with the community.  It's likely some people might be able to come up with software fixes to help stability issues (from what I understand the chips were 'resetting' after a couple of diff1 shares - possibly patching the software to shut off and restart the chip manually after a few MS to 'cool down' after a diff1 share could help)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: