Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:56:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Silver Fork - December  (Read 4600 times)
Arindava

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:59:51 PM

I'm not too worried about what will happen in December, I already believe in Bitcoin and do not want to panic selling all my Bitcoin, if that's going to happen I'll just enjoy the free coins Grin
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:02:58 PM

I am excited, not for Bitcoin Silver but for another Bitcoin price pump soon in the future. There is nothing much interesting in these new alts like Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin Silver which can compel us to buy them everything is as like before, BTW the best thing is we are going to get some extra money through these forks and alts.
Passive Coin

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Passive Coin - low supply coin with backing fund!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 03:13:31 PM

Hahaha ...
Every week new fork.
So, grandpha Bitcoin will rise to $1M @ coin! Cool!  Grin
Maybe all the forks are inspired by exchanges?
They always want more volume and earn more....

◄ Passive Coin Project Website ►
 ◄ Low 500K Supply Coin with Growing & Diversified Backing Fund! ►
●  Passive Coin Bitcointalk Topic  ●  Buy & Sell Passive Coin  ●  Passive Coin Twitter  ●  Passive Coin Facebook  ●
tinochan412

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:23:12 PM

Regarding Silver Fork, would this result to BTC getting pumped or dumped? Sorry, i'm new. I saw back during Bitcoin Gold, the price of Bitcoin went ravishingly down and then was able to get back up since BTC Gold was a fail.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:34:36 PM

If bitcoin silver will continue to be introduce I guess we will expecting another pump and dump in bitcoin price this December. I thought that for this year $7700 will be a stable value for bitcoin up the end of 2017 but since bitcoin silver will be coming we can anticipate more fluctuations again well just in case it's a good opportunity to invest again .
tr3yson

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:55:59 PM

Well, as expected with its name after bitcoin gold. Next will be bitcoin copper for sure since bitcoin bronze already exists here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2378769.0. Nothing new with this fork, they just want to make a lot of money instead of helping the community and the network, which is the real essence of the fork. Screws those greedy people!
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:58:16 PM

Do we really need one fork a month? It is going to be a norm and no one is going to care about it. It is alright with me, since I will be getting plenty of fork coins just by holding my BTC.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:13:44 PM

People who horde large amounts of Bitcoin are making huge amounts of profit and selling it off for even more Bitcoin for the next fork. Is this what will happen during each fork? A new currency will be released to btc holders? It's interesting and I guess the new way to handle airdrops or bounties yet it rewards those who are faithful to Bitcoin. I don't know if it's good or bad but it's interesting.

rachelchungg

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Be curious. Contribute. Save the World!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:26:20 PM

When will they stop with the forks!!

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:55:55 PM

I'm not too worried about what will happen in December, I already believe in Bitcoin and do not want to panic selling all my Bitcoin, if that's going to happen I'll just enjoy the free coins Grin
There is nothing to worry because if it is true it will be just like bitcoin gold and i hope it has the same principles too to make bitcoin mining decentralized through GPU mining rather than big expensive machines and wastage of energy,there wont any panic selling after the fork and it wont affect the price of bitcoin in anyway.
bitterguy28

Activity: 2044
Merit: 181

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 11:05:14 PM

Segwit2x cancelled, BCH have given so many issues in BTC transactions though still free dollars so not a problem, Now comes Bitcoin silver!!

What we will expect for this new fork? Do we hope for a litecoin version of BTC? Will this have a chance to skyrocket? given the specs:

BTSI Comparison
Supply: 21 Million
PoW algorithm: Equihash
Mining Hardware: GPU
Block Interval: 30 sec
Block size (actual): 1M (2-4M)
Difficulty adjustment: Every block
Segwit: Yes
Replay protection: Yes
Unique address format: Yes

To know more about BTC silver: https://coincodex.com/article/1068/bitcoin-forks-again-in-december-the-bitcoin-silver-story/

thank you for the impormation mate for this another fork issue for bitcoin community but being a user and bitcoin fanatic bitcoin have many trials faces any kind of problem bitcoin still ontop after all the problem i'm not worrying on that issue waiting to the decision result what is the effect this incoming fork as you said.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:13:07 PM

I am tired to see the BTC keep on forking, it destroy the market balance and causing instability, I don't see why Bitcoin need to keep on forking, in the end people will still choose Bitcoin over the forking coin, but let's see how enthusiasm of the investors, at least we will get a free coin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:19:39 PM

Is this for real? People were joking about bitcoin silver and Bitcoin bronze after the BTG fork, bit are we seriously getting a bitcoin silver. So many forks just destroys the main aim of the forks, it just creates a new altcoin with 'bitcoin' in its name. And IMO I don't think this is serious, even BTG was not serious enough, and 2x was canceled, don't think this fork will even happen.

You cannot be so sure about this because despite the cancellation of B2x, bitcoin gold still went and  launched and we are still wait in for what it's going to add to the space which I am yet to see though even with BCH. The fact is the moment BCH was done, I knew it HSS opened up opportunities for others to follow and there is nothing anyone could do about it. The moment you discover something wrong with the original bitcoin, the next is a fork and when the fork version does not meet a particular need, we move on to another fork and the cycle continues. Its really a joke.
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:35:37 PM

Forks made in Bitcoin this year to lived  more stress to us. It would be good if they had a long break. Now Bitcoin Silver Fork is appeared. It's still disturbing. My consolation ,  Bitcoin is showing off  the power after every fork and turning more solidly into the market.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:55:39 PM

Segwit2x cancelled, BCH have given so many issues in BTC transactions though still free dollars so not a problem

Segwit2x was "cancelled" by its biggest proponents, but it'll still be interesting to see what happens at Block height 484,784. For one thing, the forking client is already released in the wild and has been for some time. So the fork will occur, the question is, will anyone notice? Will any miners mine a block on the fork? I'm curious to see if Jihan Wu plays games with the hash rate in order to foment a split between BTC and B2X. That seems like a really risky gamble for Bitmain, though.

Now comes Bitcoin silver!!

What we will expect for this new fork? Do we hope for a litecoin version of BTC? Will this have a chance to skyrocket? given the specs:

BTSI Comparison

My expectations are incredibly low. The parameters look exactly like Bitcoin Gold, which was similarly disappointing. At least Bitcoin Silver will take us one step closer towards the death of all these crappy forks. Smiley

layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 11:58:25 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 09:14:38 PM by layoutph

So when is this fork to arrive?  Any exchange site to buy this? It seems that forking is a part of whale's Bitcoin price pump and dump price manipulation plan. People tend to buy Bitcoin in hope of getting a forked coin. Hope this one will not be cancelled just like BTG

Segwit2x cancelled, BCH have given so many issues in BTC transactions though still free dollars so not a problem, Now comes Bitcoin silver!!

BTSI Comparison

To know more about BTC silver: https://coincodex.com/article/1068/bitcoin-forks-again-in-december-the-bitcoin-silver-story/

bitcoincollector03 (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:44:01 AM

So when is this fork to arrive?  Any exchange site to buy this?

BTSI Comparison

They havent yet released the final date of this fork, but you can already start pumping your btc.  Grin
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1138

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:47:56 AM

Is this for real? People were joking about bitcoin silver and Bitcoin bronze after the BTG fork, bit are we seriously getting a bitcoin silver. So many forks just destroys the main aim of the forks, it just creates a new altcoin with 'bitcoin' in its name. And IMO I don't think this is serious, even BTG was not serious enough, and 2x was canceled, don't think this fork will even happen.
Since there is already a buzz or some information spoiler then most likely this situation do might happen on bigger chances.I have read also about those people who do talk about the ranking when it comes to value Gold,Silver and Bronze which it turns out to be a joke recently when they saw up Bitcoin gold but now they are already into it. I would say that forks isnt really needed at all when it comes to development but i would rather be thankful because every fork bitcoins price do hit up a new ATH.

placergold

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:48:53 AM

Another crap altcoin trying to use Bitcoin name to make money...
CyberKnight

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:49:26 AM

i think this fork will be canceled too
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: